Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Hyperspace core modules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic  <c> initial Post :: Post <c> Setting banners (example)  View next topic  
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Sounds like a mysql access problem

ya it is, found out the remote mysql server is not letting my server connect to it
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol sry bout' that
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm staring at the SQL database..
Give me a few first steps here Dr Brain
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

in public nothing happens when i type ?money, or ?ships, or ?shipstatus, ?changeteam, ?iteminfo, ect

when i type ?buy
"There are no items available to purchase in this arena."

it lets me get into any ship, does not tell me to ?buy hulls

(public)/arena.conf
Code: Show/Hide
Hyperspace:ArenaIdentifier = main

; drop in all of svs settings here
#include conf/svs/svs.conf

; but override these particular ones
[Warbird]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[terrier]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[Javelin]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[terrier]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[Leviathan]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[terrier]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[lancaster]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[weasel]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[shark]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[Bomb]
BombDamageLevel=7500

[ General ]
Map = smallmap.lvl
; LevelFiles = b1.lvz, b2.lvz

[ Misc ]
SeeEnergy = $SEE_TEAM
SpecSeeEnergy = $SEE_ALL

[ Modules ]
; this key holds the names of the modules that will take effect in this
; arena. typical things to put here are modules for scoring, special
; game types, flag guards, etc.
AttachModules = \
   fm_normal \
   points_kill \
   points_flag \
   points_goal \
buy
hscore:hscore_mysql
hscore:hscore_database
hscore:hscore_money
hscore:hscore_items
hscore:hscore_buysell
hscore:hscore_commands
hscore:hscore_storeman
hscore:hscore_teamnames
hscore:hscore_rewards
hscore:hscore_spawner

; separate out settings for flags and balls into separate files
#include flags.conf

#include balls.conf

in modules.conf
;; alias database stuff:
database:mysql
; database:aliasdb

;; python modules:
;; pymod must be loaded before any "<py>" modules.
; pymod:pymod
; <py> fm_password
; <py> exec
; <py> fg_wz
; <py> fg_turf

[/b]

P.S.

asss4@katie:~$ Loading modules...
-bash: Loading: command not found
I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
asss4@katie:~$ I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
-bash: cmod: No such file or directory
asss4@katie:~$ E <unixsignal> found previous asss still running
-bash: unixsignal: No such file or directory
asss4@katie:~$ E <cmod> error loading module 'unixsignal'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
*** asss exited: error loading modules
asss4@katie:~$ Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
asss4@katie:~$ *** asss exited: error loading modules
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

KrynetiX wrote:
in public nothing happens when i type ?money, or ?ships, or ?shipstatus, ?changeteam, ?iteminfo, ect

Make sure you added them into groupdef.dir.

KrynetiX wrote:
when i type ?buy
"There are no items available to purchase in this arena."

You need to attach hscore_buysell properly (see below). You'll also need to put some stuff into the database.

KrynetiX wrote:
(public)/arena.conf

AttachModules = \
   fm_normal \
   points_kill \
   points_flag \
   points_goal \
buy

Try with \ at the end of each except the last. You only want buysell, storeman, teamnames, rewards, commands and spawner. Also remove buy and fm_normal from the list.

KrynetiX wrote:

P.S.

asss4@katie:~$ Loading modules...
-bash: Loading: command not found
I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
asss4@katie:~$ I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
asss4@katie:~$ E <unixsignal> found previous asss still running
-bash: unixsignal: No such file or directory
asss4@katie:~$ E <cmod> error loading module 'unixsignal'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
*** asss exited: error loading modules
asss4@katie:~$ Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
asss4@katie:~$ *** asss exited: error loading modules

Looks like you copied and pasted an error log into a shell. I don't know what you mean by it.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK thanks, much better, the basic interface is online, although i can't get ?changeteams to do anything.

I still don't understand the database. If you could explain that to me.

Just explain how to define a category and an item.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One note: items and item types are global, and categories and stores are assigned to specific arena identifiers. For an item to "exist" in an arena, it must be attached to a category.

For hs_categories:

Leave ID null, it'll get filled in automatically. Name and desc are obvious. Arena is the arena identifier you've chosen (looks like "main"). Order isn't important unless you want categories to display in a certain order. Lower numbers come before higher numbers. Hidden is whether normal players can see it. You have to give staff the "seehiddencat" capability in groupdef for them to see it.

For hs_category_items:

Item id is the id of the item you want to add to a category. Category id is the the id of the category you want to add it to. Order is the same as above. Items with lower orders come before items with higher orders, so ignore it if you don't care.

For hs_stores:

Stores work the same way as categories. Region is the name of the region they have to be in to buy the associated items. "anywhere" is a special keyword, and means that players are considered inside the store anywhere in the arena.

For hs_store_items:

Same as hs_store categories.

For hs_items:

First few settings are obvious. Ships allowed is a binary representation of the ships. Warbird = 1, Jav = 2, Spider = 4, ..., Lancaster = 64, Shark = 128. Just add up the numbers of the ships you want to allow the item on. Item types is a comma seperated list of the item type ids (this is on the new hscore version). Use a colon to specify a usage of more than one. If you only have 1 item type on the item, just specify the item type id. Max is easy. Delay write only matters on ammo or other things that change all the time. Ammo is the item id of an items ammo. You can leave it 0. Affects sets in whether any of the item's properties change the clientset packet. Most items do (only things like TW Token, Jump Engines and Field Launcher don't). Resend setting is if the spawner needs to resend the settings packet before /?prizing them. Only items that don't affect settings or use ONLY bursts, decoys, thors, etc. can leave this at 0.

For hs_item_properties:

This is basically just the output from the bottom of ?iteminfo.

For hs_item_events:

Start simple icon_wink.gif

For hs_item_types:

Should be pretty straight forward.

That's all of them. Post if something is still unclear.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

very informing

but hmm, i still don't get it, if there were just one or two sample items already specified in the database it would probably be a breeze

can you tell me where to actually place these values
like i said, i'm staring at this database, i had never used mysql before

I'm using SQLYog..
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I <hscore_mysql> connecting to mysql db on ssdev.hlrse.net, user aquarius, db aq uarius_asss
I <mysql> connecting to mysql db on ssdev.hlrse.net, user aquarius, db aquarius_ asss
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_categories` ( `id` int(1 0) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', ` description` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL defa ult '', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `hidden` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_category_items` ( `item_ id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `category_id` int(10) unsigned NOT N ULL default '0', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_events` ( `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `event` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '' , `action` mediumint(9) NOT NULL default '0', `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `message` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '' `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to us e near 'id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))' at line 1
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_properties` ( `item _id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `value` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_ increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to us e near 'id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))' at line 1
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_types` ( `id` int(1 0) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', ` max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_items` ( `id` int(10) un signed NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '', `short _description` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `long_description` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `buy_price` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `sell_price` in t(11) NOT NULL default '0', `exp_required` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `ship s_allowed` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `item_types` varchar(250) NOT NULL def ault '', `max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `delay_write` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `ammo` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `affects_sets` tin yint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `resend_sets` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', P RIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <mapnewsdl> news file 'news.txt' reread
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ship_items` ( `sh ip_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NU LL default '0', `count` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`ship_id`,`item_id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ships` ( `id` int (10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `player_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL de fault '0', `ship` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NUL L default '', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_players` ( `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `mon ey` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `exp` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_g ive` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_grant` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_buysell` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_kill` int(11) NOT NULL de fault '0', `money_flag` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_ball` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_event` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (` id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_store_items` ( `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `store_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL de fault '0', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_stores` ( `id` int(10) u nsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `desc ription` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `region` varchar(16) NOT NULL defaul t '', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL def ault '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_transactions` ( `id` int (10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `srcplayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `tgtpl ayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `action` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `amount` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE `hs_player_points` ( `player_id` int(10) u nsigned NOT NULL default '0', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL, `points_global` in t(11) default '0', `points_1` int(11) default NULL, `points_2` int(11) default NULL, `points_3` int(11) default NULL, `points_4` int(11) default NULL, `poi nts_5` int(11) default NULL, `points_6` int(11) default NULL, `points_7` int(1 1) default NULL, `points_8` int(11) default NULL, UNIQUE KEY `index` (`player_ id`,`arena`))
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: Table 'hs_player_points' already exists
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, max FROM hs_item_types
W <hscore_database> No item types returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 item types were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, short_description, long_description, bu y_price, sell_price, exp_required, ships_allowed, item_types, max, delay_write, ammo, affects_sets, resend_sets FROM hs_items
W <hscore_database> No items returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 items were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, name, value FROM hs_item_properties
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: Table 'aquarius_asss.hs_item_properties' doesn' t exist
E <hscore_database> Unexpected database error during property load.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, event, action, data, message FROM hs_ite m_events
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: Table 'aquarius_asss.hs_item_events' doesn't ex ist
E <hscore_database> Unexpected database error during event load.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This should fix that problem. The sql for the creation of a few of the tables were missing commas. I don't know how many years that's been sitting there like that.

hscore-752.zip - 73.37 KB
File downloaded or viewed 68 time(s)
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Any luck w/ my problem?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Which?
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got 212 errors labeled Linker Error
. i have included mysqlla.a in linker settings and that's it.

also, i've never used mysql before, so what are the basics to setting it up? what should i put for Hyperspace:database
or Hyperspace:host
?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Look for something ending in .lib rather than .a.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

couldn't find anything like that :\.
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

E <hscore_database> {battlezone} [Aquarius] asked to store unloaded ships
E <hscore_database> {battlezone} [Aquarius] Asked to load ships for unloaded player.
Your ship data is not loaded in this arena. If you just entered, please wait a moment and try again.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If there's an error loading the ships from mysql, it'll give that error. Anything obvious in the logs around those lines?
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that is the complete log.
i posted that because i was talking to d1st0rt about it and he asked me what specifically occured

(i should be posting when im sober)

but... a *recycle temporarily fixes the problem, but then this happens down the line.

I'm sure i will figure it out, especially with the responces i get from those who are fluent with hscore (brain)

i must sleep now, also feel like a noob for posting wile i just got home from being dumb ha

figure this in a few days, life i love it
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Open up asss.log and look in there.
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got an error when i try to start asss with this things. I get:

E <cmod> error in LoadLibrary: One of the library files needed to run this appli
cation cannot be found.

Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'database:mysql'
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well... it means you're having problems loading the mysql module. Did you try re-compiling the server? Make absolutely sure that have_mysql is set to yes, and that all of your MYSQL flags are set correctly. I just realized I have absolutely no idea how this works on Windows.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm new to asss so I don't know how to add all of these things.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

These posts really belong somewhere else, as they're not related to the HS core modules.

But you should compile things from source yourself. You'll find that once you've got that working, you won't get library problems (which is what you're having).
AJ
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How do I compile things? I have the hscore folder in my core folder. Should it be there?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, it should be at the top level of the src folder. I'm not sure exactly how things are compiled on windows, but under linux it uses the ASSS makefile system and will get built when you build everything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 642 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.542105 seconds : 52 queries executed (69.7%): GZIP compression disabled