Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Hyperspace core modules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic  <c> initial Post :: Post <c> Setting banners (example)  View next topic  
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Did you enter the affects_sets and resend_sets on the gun item?

I certainly did.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh I know what's wrong. The module doesn't prize you a L1 gun, since it assumes that all ships start with a worthless L1 for shrapnel reasons. If you set the level to 2 or 3, you should get what you expect.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Everything is working.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i was able to compile the whole thing under linux but at the very end, it posted this error:

Code: Show/Hide
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient_r
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../build/hscore.so] Error 1
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Your error message is telling you that it cannot find your Mysqlclient library at the specified location. You'll probably have to install it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hmmm that's wierd becuase when i go to synaptic manager, mysql-server and mysql-client are both installed. Do i need to install mysql another way?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try "locate mysqlclient" and alter the ASSS system.mk makefile to reflect that path for mysql libs.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.16
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.16
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/EXCEPTIONS-CLIENT.gz
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/copyright
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.shlibs

It doesn't look like it is properly installed. Maybe the lampp server I installed is messing with the system to make it think it is installed?

EDIT:also, "locate "lmysqlclient_r"" returns nothing.

EDIT:I shouldn't have disregarded lampp...that was the right folder. I got that part to compile. Now I am getting:

D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/formula.o hs_util/formula.c
bison -d -o ../build/parser.c hs_util/parser.y

make: bison: Command not found
make: *** [../build/parser.c] Error 127

EDIT2:I fixed that error by finding your old post that you did for hs_util. From there I decided to install the bison and flex packages. I am now getting this error:

I realized they were all python errors so I set have_python in system.mk to no.

It all compiled! Yay!

But when i run bin/asss/ i get this:

I <cmod> loading C module 'selfpos ' from 'hs_util'
E <cmod> error in dlsym: /home/scott/asss-1.5.0/bin/hs_util.so: undefined symbol: MM_selfpos
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'hs_util:selfpos '
scott@scott-laptop:~/asss-1.5.0$

My modules.conf:

hs_util:selfpos
hs_util:kill
hs_util:menu
hs_util:formula

hscore:hscore_mysql
hscore:hscore_database
hscore:hscore_money
hscore:hscore_items
hscore:hscore_wepevents
hscore:hscore_buysell
hscore:hscore_commands
hscore:hscore_storeman
hscore:hscore_enforcer
hscore:hscore_rewards
hscore:hscore_spawner

if i comment out 'hs_util:selfpos', the next module gives the same error all the way through each hs_util module and the first hscore (i assumed all were going to do the same so I stopped there).
Arnk Kilo Dylie
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Look closely, you have spaces on all of your modules.conf entries, it even shows you that in the error message (quotes there for a reason.)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I fixed that the first time I copied them in, but then I copied an updated list later on the thread and forgot to do it that time. ASSS ran.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't seem to have my mysql information set up right

<hscore_mysql> connect failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '74.220.215.233' (110)

[mysql]
hostname=localhost
user=asss
password=asss
database=asss

hyperspace:hostname=74.220.215.233
hyperspace:user=surfaceh_hscore
hyperspace:password=i_almost_forgot_to_change_this
hyperspace:database=surfaceh_hscore

This may be because my host doesn't allow for outside connections. I will check.

EDIT:I had to add my "Class C" to the white list.

Database was created (showed a bunch of jiberish and made my computer slow), and now I'm attempting to enter my local zone. I keep getting specced for spike and can't enter. Is this because of the connection I have to my Mysql host?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't know what could cause that. Try unloading modules one by one until it goes away?

If it is the MySQL connection, you can try installing mysql on your local computer for testing.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well that is very odd.

I commented out the last half of the hscore modules. I was able to enter.

I commented out only the last quarther of hscore modules. I was able to enter.

I continued to half, until all were uncommented. I was still able to enter?

I guess it decided to work. Now to get down to creating items and such. Is there an explanation on this thread for that?

EDIT:Also, is it normal that 1097 hs_players records?
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr. Brain could you please elaborate a little further on the database structures?

I'm trying to make a gun to buy.

I understand hs_categories. I have a "guns" and "bombs" category in there, and they print properly on ?buy

id   name   description   arena   order   hidden
         1   Guns   Buy guns for your ship   main   0   0

hs_item_properties is straight forward as well. I just select a property from this list:

bomblevel
gunlevel

repel
burst
thor
portal
decoy
brick
rocket

xradar
cloak
steath
antiwarp

thrust
speed
energy
recharge
rotation

bounce
prox
shrapnel
multifire

transwarp

seemines

seebomblevel

bulletenergy
multienergy

bombenergy
bombenergyup

mineenergy
mineenergyup

cloakenergy
stealthenergy
antienergy
xradarenergy

maxthrust
maxspeed
afterburner

bombthrust

bulletdelay
multidelay

bombdelay
minedelay

rockettime

initialbounty

damagefactor
attachbounty

soccertime

soccerprox

maxmines

gravspeed
grav

attach
summon

energyviewing
dontbrick

bulletdamage
bulletdamageup
bombdamage
ebombtime
ebombdamage
bbombdamage
burstdamage
decoyalive
warppointdelay
rocketthrust
rocketspeed
inactshrapdamage
shrapdamage
mapzoom
flaggunup
flagbombup
soccerallowbombs
soccerallowguns
socceruseflag
soccerseeball

nofastshoot

item_id   name   value   absolute   ignore_count   id
         2   gunlevel   0   2   0   2

for hs_category_items, that is the connection between an item and a category?

item_id   category_id   order
         1   1   0

and lastly, the hs_item. Where do i add properties to an item?

id   name   short_description   long_description   buy_price   sell_price   exp_required   ships_allowed   max   delay_write   ammo   needs_ammo   min_ammo   affects_sets   resend_sets
         1   Blaster   A balanced gun.   This gun is considered a good all around gun. The ...   1000   800   0   128   1   0   0   0   0   1   1

What am I missing?
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, hscore_spawner is giving the problems that I were talking about earlier. I get kicked for spike. It crashes continuum.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
EDIT:Also, is it normal that 1097 hs_players records?

You mean there are 1097 rows in hs_players? No, that's not normal, unless you've had 1097 unique player names enter your zone.

tcsoccerman wrote:

for hs_category_items, that is the connection between an item and a category?

Yes. An item only exists in the arena if it's connected to a category in the arena. It's not the most intuitive thing, I'm afraid.

tcsoccerman wrote:

and lastly, the hs_item. Where do i add properties to an item?

You use hs_item_properties. Each row should have an item id and a property name. For L2, you want id = 1 (from hs_items), property = gun, value = 2

tcsoccerman wrote:
Also, hscore_spawner is giving the problems that I were talking about earlier. I get kicked for spike. It crashes continuum.

I've never seen spawner do that kind of thing before. Check to make sure that your Initial, Max, Upgrade settings for Thrust, Recharge, Energy, Rotation, and Speed are all set. The Initial + N*Upgrade should be equal to Max, for some number N. In hyperspace N is typically 10.

Also, initial gun should be 1 on all ships, since spawner assumes this for shrapnel reasons.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm that didn't seem to help. all those values are set and > 1 and initial guns on every ship is 1.

Even SVS Settings didn't help.

Here is the output for asss

D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_categories` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `description` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `hidden` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_category_items` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `category_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <mapnewsdl> news file 'news.txt' reread
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_events` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `event` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',  `action` mediumint(9) NOT NULL default '0',  `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `message` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_properties` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `value` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `absolute` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `ignore_count` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_types` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_items` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',  `short_description` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `long_description` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',  `buy_price` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `sell_price` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `exp_required` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `ships_allowed` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `delay_write` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `ammo` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `needs_ammo` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `min_ammo` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `affects_sets` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `resend_sets` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ship_items` (  `ship_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `count` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`ship_id`,`item_id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ships` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `player_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `ship` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_players` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `money` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `exp` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_give` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_grant` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_buysell` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_kill` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_flag` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_ball` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_event` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_store_items` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `store_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_stores` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `description` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',  `region` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_transactions` (  `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,  `srcplayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `tgtplayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `action` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',   `amount` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,    PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_points` (  `player_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL,  `points_global` int(11) default '0',  `points_1` int(11) default NULL,  `points_2` int(11) default NULL,  `points_3` int(11) default NULL,  `points_4` int(11) default NULL,  `points_5` int(11) default NULL,  `points_6` int(11) default NULL,  `points_7` int(11) default NULL,  `points_8` int(11) default NULL,  UNIQUE KEY `index` (`player_id`,`arena`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_type_assoc` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,  `type_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,  `qty` int(10) NOT NULL default '1',  PRIMARY KEY  (`item_id`,`type_id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, max FROM hs_item_types
W <hscore_database> No item types returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 item types were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, short_description, long_description, buy_price, sell_price, exp_required, ships_allowed, max, delay_write, ammo, needs_ammo, min_ammo, affects_sets, resend_sets FROM hs_items
W <hscore_database> No items returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 items were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, type_id, qty FROM hs_item_type_assoc ORDER BY item_id ASC
W <hscore_database> No items returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 item types were assigned from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, name, value, absolute, ignore_count FROM hs_item_properties
W <hscore_database> No properties returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 properties were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, event, action, data, message FROM hs_item_events
W <hscore_database> No events returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 events were loaded from MySQL.
D <directory> sending information to directory servers
D <net> [pid=0] new connection from 127.0.0.1:38509
D <core> [pid=0] login request: 'tcsoccerman24'
D <core> authenticating with 'auth-ban'
D <capman> [tcsoccerman24] assigned to group 'sysop' (global)
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, money, exp, money_give, money_grant, money_buysell, money_kill, money_flag, money_ball, money_event FROM hs_players WHERE name = 'tcsoccerman24'
D <hscore_mysql> query: INSERT INTO hs_players VALUES (NULL, 'tcsoccerman24', 1000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
I <core> [tcsoccerman24] [pid=0] player logged in
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, money, exp, money_give, money_grant, money_buysell, money_kill, money_flag, money_ball, money_event FROM hs_players WHERE name = 'tcsoccerman24'
D <hscore_database> [tcsoccerman24] loaded globals from MySQL.
I <arenaman> {0} created arena
I <mapdata> {0} successfully processed map file 'arenas/(default)/cpublic.lvl'
D <balls> {0} ball 0 is at (7852, 9610)
D <balls> {0} 1 balls spawned
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, description, region FROM hs_stores WHERE arena = 'main' ORDER BY hs_stores.order ASC
D <objects> {0} reading object: arenas/(default)/cpub_1.lvz
D <objects> {0} reading object: arenas/(default)/cpub_5.lvz
W <mapnewsdl> compressed map/lvz is bigger than 256k: arenas/(default)/cpub_1.lvz
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, description, hidden FROM hs_categories WHERE arena = 'main' ORDER BY hs_categories.order ASC
D <capman> {0} [tcsoccerman24] assigned to group 'sysop' (global)
I <arenaman> {0} [tcsoccerman24] entering arena
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, ship FROM hs_player_ships WHERE player_id = 1 AND arena = 'main'
D <hscore_database> {0} [tcsoccerman24] 0 ships were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, count, data, ship FROM hs_player_ship_items, hs_player_ships WHERE player_id = 1 AND arena = 'main' AND ship_id = id
D <hscore_database> {0} [tcsoccerman24] 0 ship items were loaded from MySQL.
I <game> {0} [tcsoccerman24] changed ship/freq to ship 8, freq 8025
I <lagaction> {0} [tcsoccerman24] specced for: spike
M <security> {0} [tcsoccerman24] security packet not returned
I <net> [tcsoccerman24] [pid=0] player kicked for no data
I <arenaman> {0} [tcsoccerman24] leaving arena
D <hscore_database> {0} [tcsoccerman24] Freed ship data.
D <hscore_database> [tcsoccerman24] Freed global data.
D <hscore_mysql> query: UPDATE hs_players SET money = 1000, exp = 0, money_give = 0, money_grant = 0, money_buysell = 0, money_kill = 0, money_flag = 0, money_ball = 0, money_event = 0 WHERE id = 1
I <net> [tcsoccerman24] [pid=0] disconnected
D <arenaman> {0} arena being destroyed
D <hscore_database> {0} Freed 0 stores.
D <hscore_database> {0} Freed 0 categories.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can't think of anything in hscore that could cause the server to act like that. Unless you're running this on a very, very slow computer, that is.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

core 2 duo with 4gb ram... i don't believe so.

i will try a fresh asss installation later and see what results i get.

EDIT: Ok, I made a fresh installation and compiled just hscore and h_util and ran the zone. It ran! But... I realized I hadn't attached any of the modules to the arena. I opened up arena.conf and copied in the attach modules and ran the zone... same problem as before icon_sad.gif . But we now know that it's the attached modules that are causing the problem.

I figured I'd take out hscore_spawner from the attach modules to see what happens. Of course, the zone ran fine.

Attaching hscore_spawner to the arena is what is crashing the zone. Here is my arena.conf:

; drop in all of svs settings here
#include conf/svs/svs.conf

; but override these particular ones
[Warbird]
XRadarStatus=0

[Javelin]
AntiWarpStatus=0

[Leviathan]
StealthStatus=0

[Bomb]
BombDamageLevel=7500

[ General ]
Map = smallmap.lvl
; LevelFiles = b1.lvz, b2.lvz

[ Misc ]
SeeEnergy = $SEE_TEAM
SpecSeeEnergy = $SEE_ALL

[ Modules ]
; this key holds the names of the modules that will take effect in this
; arena. typical things to put here are modules for scoring, special
; game types, flag guards, etc.
AttachModules = \
   freqman \
   points_kill \
   points_flag \
   points_goal \
   hscore_teamnames \
   hscore_buysell \
   hscore_storeman \
   hscore_commands \
   hscore_rewards \

; separate out settings for flags and balls into separate files
#include flags.conf

#include balls.conf

I hope this helps!

EDIT 2:hmmm, so I tried to enter again, and I believe that since I am running a fresh, quick zone, I was able to see something I couldn't see before. It is very evident now that the zone is crashing as the player is spawned (of course). Could it be that it is because I don't have initial items set? If that is the case, what should I do since I don't have any items yet? Here is the screenshot:

EDIT 3:Also, the problem only occurs when the ship data is loaded. I though i fixed it when i added buyprice,sellprice,exprequired, and InitItems to arena.conf, but really all that happened is my ship data wasn't loaded. I restarted asss and the error happened again when my shipdata was loaded.

continuum_spawner.png - 62.04 KB
File downloaded or viewed 69 time(s)
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wait, what version of asss and hscore are you using? If the zone is crashing right as you enter a ship (aka spawn), then it suggests there's a problem with the frequency change and/or ship change callbacks which may be caused by a mismatch between the two. The one provided at the beginning of this thread is designed for asss 1.4.4, while the one in the repository is 1.5.0.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am using asss 1.5.0rc1 and the hscore from the repository. Good idea though.

EDIT: Well, I found a temporary solution. If i attach the module through command in game, it works fine. I should have tried this earlier because I made a module that had the same problem.

Now if I could just figure out the database system...
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try getting some items into the database. It's about the only thing I can think of, since spawner always works fine for me, regardless of the machine I run it on.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ya, it's working now.

I can get in ships I haven't bought. Why?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Use the 1.5.0 freqman and attach hscore_enforcer to the arena.
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good good icon_smile.gif . Thank you very much. Time to get down to business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 667 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.542122 seconds : 52 queries executed (86.4%): GZIP compression disabled