Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SSBD Dev Zone Hosting (asss linux)

View previous topic  Host? Post :: Post SST/SSCT hosting has ceased  View next topic  
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: SSBD Dev Zone Hosting (asss linux) Reply to topic Reply with quote

I decided since I finally finish up ASSS Admin (python server/client and java applet) I am going to host a zone or two. This is just for developing on ASSS.

Specs:
Biller: Local Billing
Processor: 2.53 Ghz Intel
RAM: 768 MB DDR
Connection: 3mbps Download / 286 kbs Upload
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux (Kernel 2.6.19)
Disk Space Left: 27 GB (more than enough for dev)
Uptime: 24/7

Features:
FTP Access to all zone files.
A website (mysql/php)
Remote starting/stopping/restarting of ASSS with a java applet (in browser) or a python file (terminal)
[ Email address if you want an @braddavis.info email o_O ]

If you need any more information please email me or reply.
My email is brad@braddavis.info or bdwinsalt@gmail.com. You can send to either one; they all get forwarded to brad@braddavis.info anyways.

This is just for basic asss development. Take advantage of developing on Linux.

Last edited by BDwinsAlt on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bump for registration form.
http://braddavis.info/asss/application/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Erm, why bother with FTP? They can just use WinSCP. Assuming you're giving them shell access, anyway. AS3 is kinda pointless without it, you won't even be able to compile.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I never really use SSH, but I see your point. I'll look into that.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Meh, WinSCP sucks ass. When you're keeping a session open for a long time it gets unstable and might make you lose the contents of open files. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:
Meh, WinSCP sucks ass. When you're keeping a session open for a long time it gets unstable and might make you lose the contents of open files. icon_sad.gif

o really? thats never happened to me and i've left it open for like half a day before.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You obviously don't use it as much as I do, then. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I use FileZilla, it can do FTP and SFTP. Of course the only bug is it doesn't work with the FileZilla server, but I don't think you'll be using that.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Before anyone else applies for hosting I need to go over a thing or two.

This is for development only. This is not to build up population.

The following is an example of what you should NOT submit.
Code: Show/Hide

Name: SSBC Ultra Basing
Email: ***********
Reason: I Wanna Get a good Pop For my zone For Fun it
IP: ***********

(It's SSBD and he applied twice with different reasons. Reason: I want a Zone Host)

Here is a nice example of something you should use.
Code: Show/Hide

Name: New man development
Email: ***********
Reason: Need hosting to build a few modules and test a new zone idea.  This is for Sass and Animate Dreams.
IP:  **********

(Great application. Short and to the point including everything I need to know)

This isn't suppose to be just for fun. This is for serious ASSS development zones only. If you don't plan to use ASSS or don't really know how then don't bother applying.

After you apply you will receive an email (if you are accepted) usually within the same day. If you fail to enter the zone, login to ftp, respond to email, or show some sign that you are interested, you will not be granted hosting.
hard-ball69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

can i get a zone host?
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:

It's happened to me, but I wouldn't say it's unstable... it just disconnected and didn't save the changed contents of my open file(which is definitely understandable) because I didn't save it while I was still connected. All you have to do is reconnect.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 658 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.544551 seconds : 36 queries executed (74.3%): GZIP compression disabled