Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SkyBill - TCP BILLER alpha.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  web stats Post :: Post >goal< spree module  View next topic  
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
Are you planning to host it as a Public Biller yourself or what..? Yeah sorry, I am a bit jealous (I admit!). :\

Well the code is public, so anyone who wants to set up a biller public or private using SkyBill can. I will be adding configfiles to make configuration easier at some point. For now im trying to get chat support working.

So you and anyone who wants to can run a public biller with it. Its unlikely I will host a public biller using it if someone else is willing, as my vps doesn't have enough resources to host it along with all the other stuff it hosts.

L.C. wrote:

Why not also add a feature where threaded connections can be turned on or off? icon_smile.gif

Because it creates a thread per zone than connects. Turning off threading would mean only one zone could connect to the biller.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
So you and anyone who wants to can run a public biller with it. Its unlikely I will host a public biller using it if someone else is willing, as my vps doesn't have enough resources to host it along with all the other stuff it hosts.
Well I'm willing. icon_smile.gif My webhost provides it to me as a gift on his beautiful dedicated gameserver.

Quote:
Because it creates a thread per zone than connects. Turning off threading would mean only one zone could connect to the biller.
Ah, I thought this was one of those CPU feature things and was extraordinary. Is there someway to make an optimization for a larger sum of zones?

Rarely do I feel like this, but I feel that I can trust you'll an acceptable level of professionality in coding this and that this will be very much like Catid's biller. I support it. ;o
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just thought, since this uses mysql, is there a way to get both AS3 and the biller to read from the same database in such a way that, if the biller were to go down, all individual zones could still read from the biller database(so netbans still stay up, and possibly even player authentication)?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
is there a way to get both AS3 and the biller to read from the same database

Why not just create a way for ASSS zones to link up together in nodes and be able to share chat messages that way? If they have direct access to the same database, they'd have the same player authentication so chat names are verified. Don't need a billing server then.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know this might sound stupid, but I'm not really sure how to start the biller. Can you give me a little help with that. I have Java installed on both Ubuntu and Windows XP. I just need to know what to type to start it. icon_cool.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mgb the biller also provides ?squad stuff, and banner saving not sure if asss can do that on its own. idk tho.

I would recommend this method as it is the easiest. I only provide the source at the moment (as alot of setting are hard coded), so you will have to compile and edit the code before you run it.

Download eclipse (this will work on ubuntu and XP)
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
this is a bit confusing but all you need is

Eclipse SDK 3.2.1

One you have installed eclipse, extract the zip file to the folder, then open the project in eclipse.

Then you would need to create a mysql database with the correct info. You can change the connection string in the code.

You should be able the then run it though the IDE.
You would then also have the option of compiling it.

Once i have chats working (which i may do today) i will be working on an easier way to run it tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ohhhh I see. I'll do that when I get back from church.
Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:
mgb the biller also provides ?squad stuff, and banner saving not sure if asss can do that on its own.

All of which is stored in the billing server's database, which can be stored into a database with the user accounts. All the billing server is, is an interface to a database.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a question. How does continuum get the squad name and put it beside your name? Like what is sent to the clients? I'm guessing ASSS could override a squad name and make it one you specify. Sorry if I'm a bit off topic.

On topic:
Code: Show/Hide

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.playSubSpace.TCPBiller.Main
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.70)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.playSubSpace.TCPBiller.Main not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/home/brad/Desktop/biller/,file:/home/brad/Desktop/biller/mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.70)

Here is what my classpath looks like.
Code: Show/Hide

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<classpath>

<classpathentry kind="src" path=""/>

<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/jre1.5.0_06"/>

<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="/home/brad/Desktop/biller/mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar"/>

<classpathentry kind="output" path=""/>

</classpath>

Also I have the mysql-connector jar thing in the same folder as the classpath (/home/brad/Desktop/biller) I'm guessing I didn't do something right with the classpath.

In enclipse I did a new project, java application, selected from previous source, used the biller folder (contains the extracted biller files), and in Run I ran it as a java application with the Main class as the main class (only option) but it gets to 50% and says that error above. I'll play with it some more until someone responds.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The problem is its missing a reference to the mysql libary.

i would suggest using file..import..existing projects in to workspace.
the zip file contains the entire project, which will include all the class path stuff.

I think if u create a new project u will need to add a reference to mysql jar file. To do this right click on the project, click properties.

a dialog box pops up. choose java build path. then click libaraies. then choose add external jar. Find the mysql jar and add that then click ok. this should hopeully make it run
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bleh I played with it more, still nothing. Either says it can´t find the jar, or it gives errors. Feel like VNCing to my desktop? I guess it isn´t that big of a deal. I just wanted to try it out.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]

Why not just create a way for ASSS zones to link up together in nodes and be able to share chat messages that way? If they have direct access to the same database, they'd have the same player authentication so chat names are verified. Don't need a billing server then.

Well, that's kind of what I was getting at, although I wasn't sure if chats could still be possible. That sounds like a cool project to do, only quite a bit above my level. A few problems I can think of off the top of my head would be that the AS3 zones would all have access to the database, which means any of the zone owners(or high ranking staff) could erase the data in the database(I assume? I don't know much about managing databases). Although I assume backups can be made. Also, I think the power of "biller operator", which is now database op, would probably be lowered, which is actually probably good.

What would be even COOLER is if there was an Esc+Z command added(that part would take client work, I know) that gave you a list of currently connected zones, and you could just move between them. I think something like that would really help balance the population between zones. Although, I doubt it will ever happen. Of course there IS that one AS3 command that supposedly connects a player to a different zone, but does that even work?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

One problem with making the servers talk among themselves is it won't have support for subgame, or even anything that can be easily converted (such as the network layer).

I would imagine each server would blindly spam all other servers for priv and channel messages. Banners and squads don't need session info (whether a player is online or not) so can be stored in a shared db. Messages are more complicated, it would require an initial spammage, then a confirmation whether the message was received, if not then it needs to be saved to the db.

Bans are another issue, I would prefer alias info to be stored in a separate system so server ops can't mess around with it. At least the biller provides flood control whereas server ops can tamper with asss code as much as they like.

Well at the end of it all it just looks like you would be fragmenting the biller into at least 3 separate parts, each with their own development times and bugs.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I actually think having a separate billing server is much easier.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A few problems people have had have been trying to run this Biller with the wrong version of java.

You REQUIRE Java version 1.5 or higher to run/compile SkyBill. It does not work with lower versions at all as i have used syntax specific to 1.5 and above.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: SkyBill 0.2 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Announcing skybill 0.2

Due to problems with the original design skybill has been totally rewritten.

The new design (more event based now) makes is alot easier to extend, it features a module/plugin system.

This current version includes the minimum modules to run a biller.
It does NO authentication of any kind. It has no database either. It allows everyone to connect.

REQUIRES JAVA 1.5

SkyBill-0.2.zip - 93.59 KB
File downloaded or viewed 26 time(s)
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt wrote:
Very cool! I like the fact it's in Java. Cross platform with out Wine. icon_biggrin.gif

You know cross-platform is not a matter of the language itself?
Suprise, there are plenty C/C++ programs that work on all platforms.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole.... wrote:
[..]

You know cross-platform is not a matter of the language itself?
Suprise, there are plenty C/C++ programs that work on all platforms.

I think you might need to go check up on "all platforms", and what that really means. Oh, and read the Linux User's Guide. In it, they talk about how most programs will install and run without error 25% of the time. With Java, all you have to do is get the JRE working - and from then on, you're set, with very few exceptions. Even Java itself isn't truly cross-platform, and for that matter, what constitutes a "platform" isn't perfectly defined, and that definition changes. But you'd be extremely hardpressed to find many programs at all that could even come close to having anywhere near the same amount of portability any standard Java application is going to have.

Besides that, cross-platform in Java takes a lot less work. In addition, other programs don't always work as well on other platforms, even though they are technically cross-platform(ASSS being a decent example). I smell a lot of fanboyism in your post.
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
[..]I smell a lot of fanboyism in your post.

Yes icon_smile.gif
I dislike Java, I can't even tell you why.
Everytime I see a more complex program written in Java it just looks wrong.
I so hope Ruby 2's VM will kick some java ass.

I agree with you on the platform thing.

I'm not saying Java is a bad language (apparently it isn't).
It's just that in my opinion thinking that "ha, I'll code that thing in Java because it runs on linux and windows" is somehow wrong.
I'm sure there lots of other reasons why people use Java.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:

My reason for using java were:
1 - c++ is difficult (ive never coded in c or c++ really)
2 - java is crossplatform without any effort (c# isnt really mono is getting there tho on linux, not sure about mac)
3 - lots of java dev resources and a good ide (eclipse)
4 - not coded much in java and is good practice as i am taking a java class at university.

ill add this one in too
5. Stable platform/well supported (will be around for a while and updates won't break old programs)

Can i request we keep the Java vs Other languages arguement to another thread please.

If you dont like java write your own TCPBiller and don't use SkyBill tongue.gif
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:
If you dont like java write your own TCPBiller and don't use SkyBill tongue.gif

There's a misunderstanding here.
I don't like the language (as in code it myself). This doesn't imply I automatically dislike all programs written in it. I use several programs written in Java.

I haven't tried your biller but I'm sure it does a good job. Keep up working on it.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole.... wrote:
[..]

Yes icon_smile.gif
I dislike Java, I can't even tell you why.

That's the way I felt about Python before, just from the things I'd heard about it. I wouldn't have ever tried to tell someone not to use Python, or not to bother to learn it, or anything like that, I just disliked it. But after I looked at how AS3 uses Python, I was impressed. That's probably the kind of thing Python was meant for. It's not a fully-fleshed programming language, anyway(I don't think). You should check out SkyBill. I'd never looked through the source of a Java program that used packets before, SkyBill makes it look pretty simple.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
That's probably the kind of thing Python was meant for.

Give PyGame a look around.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, PYGame is awesome. That's what I used for my hypertension game.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, I went all through that source, and I didn't find anything that looked like commands to me. Where did you put the player commands?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 643 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.526783 seconds : 52 queries executed (90.0%): GZIP compression disabled