Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
.38 and LVZ v2 Question.

View previous topic  LVZ Error Post :: Post Not working...  View next topic  
craigg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: .38 and LVZ v2 Question. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was just re-looking over some of the documentation and a couple questions popped up.

1) The jpg, gif, png support is for "add-on" graphics only, right? Or can they be used to replace packaged .bm2 graphics.

2) Related to question 1... must all file's use their appropriate extension (jpg, gif, png, bmp), or will the client able to determine the file type by reading the header information?

Thanks In advance,
craigg
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

*bump*
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1. Any image can be replaced with the extra formats. Don't know which takes priority over the others when continuum reads them yet though.

2. Give it a try. I believe Priit has a .38-only zone you can freely enter.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
craigg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for the info.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Heat Stroke

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: .38 and LVZ v2 Question Reply to topic Reply with quote

As far as naming conventions....

Continuum .38 now supports jpg/png/gif/bmp natively, can we use *.png, *.gif, etc or do the filenames need to stay as *.bm2 or *.bmp even though they are in another format (thus confusing everyone..hah).

Id test it myself but at the moment Im banging my head against the brick wall that is my copy of buildlevel icon_wink.gif

the docs went into some detail about the order in which Continuum checked for graphics it was something like:

1. %continuum%\zones\%zone%\arenaname
2. %continuum%\zones\%zone%\*.lvz (or %arena%\*.lvz)
3. %continuum%\zones\%zone%
4. %continuum%\graphics and %continuum%\sound
5. %continuum%

What wasnt really covered was the details on the new formats. If the new formats (jpg/png/gif) and replacing in game graphics do they still need to follow the old naming conventions? [ goal.bm2 ] - if they dont need to follow the old naming conventions then where do we define what graphic element in the game gets mapped to what filename.. or does continuum check for goal.jpg, goal.png, goal.gif and use those as the *.bm2 if available... clarification would be good icon_wink.gif

-HS
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: .38 and LVZ v2 Question Reply to topic Reply with quote

Heat Stroke wrote:
does continuum check for goal.jpg, goal.png, goal.gif and use those as the *.bm2 if available

Yeah, there was something at SFN about this, just don't use "reserved" names for screen/map objects like goal.bmp. I'm not sure on the order of priority for the file types.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if I get bored I'll test it out sometime today
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 624 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.543533 seconds : 32 queries executed (77.3%): GZIP compression disabled