Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
<c> initial

View previous topic  UBill 0.2 Biller Beta Release Post :: Post Hyperspace core modules  View next topic  
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: <c> initial Reply to topic Reply with quote

With this module loaded, you can define additional settings for each ship:

InitialMultifire
InitialProx
InitialBounce
InitialSuper
InitialShield
InitialShrapnel

All of them default to 0. Source and precompiled Windows .dll attached.

Source and precompiled Windows .dll

initial.zip - 19.23 KB
File downloaded or viewed 106 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?p=61855#61855

Already made one in python icon_razz.gif

See: as.py
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

looks cool, cept yours is hardcoded, must be attached, and uses a timer biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks, I've wanted something like this for quite a while. I'll have to look through the source and see what kind of implementation you've used without using a timer. I tried to stay away from a timer, but I couldn't figure out how to do it any other way, and it felt like a hack solution.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

can you give a walkthrough on how to do this, i know to put the .dll in the bin folder, and put initial.c in....i put it in funky...and then do

funky:initial

in modules.conf

but what about actually adding initials in arena.conf.

also, i did all that, and it has an error loading

funky:initial

even though it's all right.

ty.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lol, the way that works is dllname:modulename. So since initial was compiled to an initial.dll, it'd be initial:initial. You shouldn't have put initial.c in funky, btw. You should create a new folder called initial, and create a makefile(if one isn't already there) just for it. It might be nice one day to compile multiple modules into one dll, but at least for now, you should probably stick to one module per dll.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that explains a lot
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i've never made a .dll or makefile b4.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here, I believe this make file would work for initial.c, just put it and initial.c in a folder called "initial" under the src directory. You'll have to change the extension from .txt to .mk, though, forums wouldn't let me upload a .mk file.

Hope this helps(and hope this works, lol).

initial.txt - 0.08 KB
File downloaded or viewed 120 time(s)
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, how do you configure it/actually set initials to ships. Is there a .conf file that i never got? I can't seem to find one... Maybe you use arena.conf like other modules and do something like this..
[initial]
blah
blah

but how?
ty.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I would personally just add it to the end of the .conf files for each of the ships. Like this:

Code: Show/Hide
[Warbird]
InitialSpeed=blah
;Bak-'s Initial Settings
InitialProx]=0
InitialMultifire=1
InitialSuper=1

I think you get the idea. And just as with every setting, you can define these anywhere, as long as they get #included into the arena.conf file.

You know, I always meant to go back and see if I could easily modify this module to create a CB_SPAWN. I never did get around to it. =\
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am not sure, but it appears this module doesn't work with shipreset
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It doesn't, there are a few fixes you can try.
- The best one, implement the game interface so you can catch calls to ShipReset. All calls would be forwarded to the real game module (need to load initial before game).

- Monitor the bounty in the position packet to see if it equals initial bounty. This conflicts with the current detection methods (shipchange callback, etc), so you would either need to add a bunch of flags or drop the other callbacks. Also this method isn't 100% foolproof. You would need a cool down period to avoid prizing twice and it won't work with per-player settings or other modules that prize initial stuff.

- Cooperate with whichever modules are doing the ship resetting, for example implement the flagreset/flag game win callback.
JoWie
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mm i will try adding a callback to game
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This module has become outdated with the 1.5.0 update. I went ahead and updated it. (Just combined ShipChange and FreqChange callbacks to ShipFreqChange callback).

I also added a .mk, changed the BOOL in InitialPlayerData struct to an int since I use a c-compiler, and added an example .conf file.

For those interested.

include.zip - 75.52 KB
File downloaded or viewed 65 time(s)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 641 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.556789 seconds : 42 queries executed (75.3%): GZIP compression disabled