Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
java VS c++
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic  My joke of a C++ class Post :: Post [PHP] User Authentication Methods  View next topic  
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Rofl, qBASIC automatically gets put on the end. It probably rates just under COBOL in terms of complexity. It didn't seem hard when I was little, but now, I look at the goto statements out the ass, and line numbers, and it makes me want to cry. Also, SamHughes, did you seriously say Scheme is simpler than Java, C, C++, and PHP? Scheme belongs right alongside Perl. PHP would have to be much earlier on the list... I have several friends that have picked up PHP on their own, but I know very few people that have any degree of proficiency in C without having had several classes. And I don't see how you could ever say any OOP language would be simpler than a non-OOP equivalent language(C and Java).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I still use the odd goto tongue.gif

The hate against goto is sometimes a tad irrational. Sometimes a simple goto will make something much more clear than alot of nested ifs.

Then again nesting an if statement more than 3 times means you are probabbly doing something wrong...

Anyone ever own a ti-83 I rember when i used to code games on my Ti-83 with its wierd version of basic.
tansey
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:

Anyone ever own a ti-83 I rember when i used to code games on my Ti-83 with its wierd version of basic.

haha, yeah I remember that. It was my first programming language in high school. I remember everyone scribbling down notes in physics class while I was instead making programs on my calculator that would do it for me.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
Rofl, qBASIC automatically gets put on the end. It probably rates just under COBOL in terms of complexity. It didn't seem hard when I was little, but now, I look at the goto statements out the ass, and line numbers, and it makes me want to cry. Also, SamHughes, did you seriously say Scheme is simpler than Java, C, C++, and PHP? Scheme belongs right alongside Perl. PHP would have to be much earlier on the list... I have several friends that have picked up PHP on their own, but I know very few people that have any degree of proficiency in C without having had several classes. And I don't see how you could ever say any OOP language would be simpler than a non-OOP equivalent language(C and Java).

C's type system is more complicated than Java's because it has pointers, unions, anonymous unions, pointers to pointers, function pointers, and null pointers. Its scoping system is more complicated because it has pointers without garbage collection, and objects on the stack can go out of scope. Java doesn't have these properties, except for null pointers.

I did seriously say that Scheme's type and scoping systems are simpler than the others'. You can learn the rules of Scheme in five minutes. Two, with coffee. Every variable is lexically scoped, so its scoping system is no more complicated than the others'. Its type system is simply strong dynamic typing, with automagical numbers and go-anywhere functions. Perl's types and scoping are far more complicated than Scheme's: you have 'our' and 'my' and 'local' variable declarations, automagic string conversion/deconversion for scalars, list contexts and scalar contexts silently affecting the behavior of functions, strange namespaces for arrays, scalars, hashes, and those whaznits that have something to do with the star operator or filereferences, and an object system that's very disgusting. If you want a sane(r) version of Perl, try Perl 6.

PHP is not anywhere on the list; it's connected to the list with a question mark operator, representing total confusion and frustration as to why anybody would design a language this way.

OOP languages don't have non-OOP equivalent languages. How is C in any way equivalent to Java? They just look the same.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 740 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.412754 seconds : 29 queries executed (93.7%): GZIP compression disabled