Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
radarzoom - per ship MapZoomFactor

View previous topic  <c++> mervcompat Post :: Post <c> vehicles  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: radarzoom - per ship MapZoomFactor Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well this module is pretty simple, it lets you set the MapZoomFactor on a per-ship basis instead of for the whole arena. To use it you must attach it to your arena, adding MapZoomFactor to each ship's section is optional, it will fallback to the old setting, Radar:MapZoomFactor.

143 src doc so dll

asss-radarzoom-1.0.zip - 11.2 KB
File downloaded or viewed 36 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does this introduce problems with door synchronization? We've got the issue in HS, but we change so many settings that I'm curious if changing just one is enough.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm, I didn't run any tests of that kind. Since you had issues with it I wouldn't be surprised if this also has the same problem.

This may just be limited to cont since I see no reason why the client should reset it's door timers just because it got a settings packet.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just figured that the a hash of the settings were used in calculating the random seed.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And thus Brain is on the path to cracking the Cont protocol. icon_razz.gif
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got better things to do with my life than emulate continuum icon_smile.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The seed for the doors is inside the security packet. The only thing that could go wrong is cont reseting its door timers when it gets a settings packet. Which it might do since the door delay could change - but this was never intended to happen, so should not have been accounted for when cont was being coded.

Infact the first time I saw the doors out of sync in hs I immediately assumed you didn't have the security module loaded, which sounded half reasonable given at the time it was throwing map checksum errors (due to a bug that's now fixed).
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh it was definitely loaded, I have miles of red warnings because of it biggrin.gif

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 668 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.474140 seconds : 35 queries executed (80.5%): GZIP compression disabled