Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
What is the worst job in the universe?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  I need a server host Post :: Post What the hell happened to my old posts...  View next topic  
daresay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:22 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: What is the worst job in the universe? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Post what you think is the absolute shittiest job to have.

In my opinion, the shittiest job is to be a system/network administrator at a high school. I have respect for anyone who does this job because it's the absolute worst in terms of having to deal with retarded teenagers. You have not only the retards who can't do simple shit like open a program or log in, but also the stupid peckerneck faggots who read PC magazine and successfully compiled "Hello World" in Java who think that they know everything about computers (aka. blah-er). If I had to do that job, my blood pressure would skyrocket.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:19 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Uh well, most system/network "administrators" at the schools in my country are usually retarded themselves. I guess these people must be highschool drop-outs or something.

My school's staff actually asks me - as the trusted student I am tongue.gif - to do his "work". This because when he actually shows up to "fix" something he does only half of it, and well, he actually is the one who has to read the PC magazines to figure out how he has to do things. tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Blocks
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:41 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well when I saw the title of this topic I thought of working in a sweatshop in Bangladesh for $1 a day, but you've got me convinced, network administrator is worse.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Implex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:51 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i'd say the worst job is maintaining a zone for a bunch of brats who have no respect for the effort and hard work that was done -- and there's no pay for it! haha
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:35 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I agree with Blocks.

Actually being a network admin at a high school could possibly be fun if you could get away with a few pranks.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
K'
You can win any war if you start a year early

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:25 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Being god.
Damn whiney bitches 24/7.
The Apache
BECAUSE I'M A STUPID IDIOT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

worst job?

working in a fast food store.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
hellzlaker
Registered Cap Buster
Popping men in the ass since Oct 2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

u smoking, when i'll be 16 il be the CO asswhiper in mcdonalds, and ill be the frist in this country =(
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Apache

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

.. what?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's an American thing.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Purge wrote:
It's an American thing.

Whatever the hell hellzlaker has said in the past week (or ever?) cannot be related to him being an American. Idiot? Maybe. American? No.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
.:IceRabbit:.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:09 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For the School Network Admin thing, this is the process from what I was told by my C-Lab teacher.

-Teacher with a master in Math/Music/Whatever teaching goes to apply for a job as a teacher.
-The school has no need for the teacher but considering his masters degree, asks him if they would like another job.
-They accept the Network Admin position, not knowing what they are getting themselves into and not knowing a thing about a computer beyond word processing.
-As the job progesses, they pick up on stuff and slowly learn whats needed for the job.

Our C-Lab teacher has always laughed at our Admin because of the, well, idiot he is. He only has a masters degree in teaching music.

For example: My teacher's lab was moved to another building. Leaving a gap and a empty computer lab, the school gave the Admin my teacher's electives in Cisco certification. Two words: Not pretty. The classes didn't even make it a whole year before they were shut down for "budget" reasons.

So really, its not that they are retards, it just that most schools are too cheap to pay a certified Network Admin's salary so they fill the need with an uneducated teacher.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:44 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

LOL
Hellzlaker's post is one of the funniest things I've seen all month. Omfg, if I wasn't lazy, I'd take a pic and submit it to the images thing on ssqdb. But I am. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]

Whatever the hell hellzlaker has said in the past week (or ever?) cannot be related to him being an American. Idiot? Maybe. American? No.

I meant hellz's last statement. sa_tongue.gif
Lid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:12 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't blame myself for everything so it might be someone's existence that must be the worst job done.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:17 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not worst job ever: working in the backroom overnight at Target

I would think AOL Tech support would be a miserable job

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:56 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: What is the worst job in the universe? Reply to topic Reply with quote

daresay wrote:
Post what you think is the absolute shittiest job to have.

In my opinion, the shittiest job is to be a system/network administrator at a high school. I have respect for anyone who does this job because it's the absolute worst in terms of having to deal with retarded teenagers. You have not only the retards who can't do simple shit like open a program or log in, but also the stupid peckerneck faggots who read PC magazine and successfully compiled "Hello World" in Java who think that they know everything about computers (aka. blah-er). If I had to do that job, my blood pressure would skyrocket.

Who the fuck are you? I havn't been here for over a month since you posted that. Also what the hell is your problem?
You don't even know my knowledge, I've never published any of my programs here so how would you even know what I'm capable of doing. Also, I don't do Java, it's just not my thing, saying "methods" gives me chills down my back, besides I like my "functional();" signature. I'm guessing your one of those retarded kids that hate me, and you have no life and like seracging my nick on google and finding ways of making fun of me (aka. lane, matt, and ian).

I'm guessing your the same person that IMed me a while back ago.
Quote:

Session Start (Blaher09:nbarretta34): Tue Oct 31 07:09:13 2006
[07:09] nbarretta34: is this your website : (Link: http://www.blahertech.com)www.blahertech.com
[07:09] *** Auto-response sent to nbarretta34: I am currently away from the computer.
[07:09] nbarretta34: if so, it's pretty terrible
[07:09] nbarretta34: just letting you know

I'm sick of people like you. You're whole life is to revolve around to find people that actually do something, and you call their work crap.

As I think a little farther back, I remember arguing with some body in MG about that their was such a thing as XHTML and that HTML is not a OOP. I bet you your that same person. Also which I found very funny, is he said he was 17 and owned a multi million web hosting company.

I'm sorry for the very long bump, but evey once in a while I come back here to search my nick to see if I finally died here but I guess I havn't quite. I've never even see this guy and he comes out and makes fund of me. Well Screw you, lately I've been moving away from OOPs and more in to web development, which I've been working very hard lately and all I would like is a little damn repect for once.
Go home, shut up, and grow up.

P.S: For now on, if somebody say's I never did anything in the continuum community and I never programmed a single thing. I'm releasing my old zone along with the rank plugin I took from catid and remade it to fit my needs for the zone. http://www.blahertech.com./projects/ssdd/.

Now, good day to you sir. If I find my nick being used in vain again here, I will pull the authors eyes out.
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You really have no idea what the hell you're talking about, and it makes me cry.
The thought of someday having to clean up the mess of some smartass know-it-all like you is almost as bad as the thought that you will actually get a job in IT.

It's posts like the one I'm replying to that people even use your name at all. If you didn't want to end up being the next Qndre, perhaps you should have:
(a) Not lied about... well, most everything.
(b) Not claimed to know everything about everything then shoot yourself in the foot with back asswards statements.
(c) Other things I don't care to cite because I'm already bored with flaming you.

Seriously kid, it's not even entertaining flaming you anymore; it's just sad. You don't do anything to better yourself beyond the level of a script kiddie and you never step back and realize what a jackass you're being. You'd get far more respect if you fucking stopped trying so goddamn hard to fit in and realize no one is buying the bullshit you're selling.

Goddamnit.

<Insert other crap here, I'm done>
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:17 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For the most part school administrators (high school and prior), really don't deal with the students, and shouldn't. Typically they deal with the teachers and staff, and in higher education usually the admin has student assistants that handle help desk support. When I was in high school I was an assistant for our admin at the time and never once did I see him deal with an actual student.

Honestly AOL, or any other type of help desk phone support is hell to me.
Sercit
99.5% Optimistic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:52 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
I agree with Blocks.

Actually being a network admin at a high school could possibly be fun if you could get away with a few pranks.

Far from it if you live in Douche-town Kentucky, Cyan. A Close family friend, and my A+/STLP teacher, did three jobs. She Taught Visual Basic, A+, ran STLP; did all the schools tech support; handled tech support with the rest of the school system; Network Administration for the high school and grade schools, and so they could make a little extra money she tutored at the local college campus. She still wasn't paid more than most of the other teachers.

She was kept so busy with all these idiots using the CD-roms as places to dump the chaw, among other things, that she didn't have time for pranks.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:18 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Everyone has time for pranks. icon_twisted.gif
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:19 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If people are stupid enough to get a CIS degree, that is where they deserve to end up.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:40 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No Cerium, it's people like you who belong in the deep dark hole of hell.
You obviously like assuming things. One, I never said I knew anything. Two, I was only implying that I have learned "some" things about web development and Programming in C++. Third, you have to be a complete idiot to not know what XHTML is (well at least know it exists and not exactly what it is), and if supposedly a "script kiddy" knows that. Forth you have no life and crave the attention of artificial life on online communities, you rub up against your own leg and complain about being a higher being then any mear mortal. You probably have no friends, and take your anger and very weak body from being put down here to imply the same of your self to others.

There's a reason I haven't been here for a while. I've been out having fun with my girl friend and on rainy days I've been reading tutorials along with making things for my website. Also I'm tired you and solo's (although I'm surprised I haven't seen the message from him saying "stfu, your a dumb ass blah-er") crap that constantly starts flames and nonsense to hurt others with trying to say they're below you. I'm also not a script kiddie, I've done a hell of a lot of programming before and know a few languages (I just wish I could find somewhere to learn Delphi). Even if I am, I'm proud at least being something, unlike you which I have seen you do nothing at all in the fields of helping others or even creating your own programs.

I'm probably not even stupid in your standards any more, your just stereo typing and just plane down hate me.

Before you actually say something next time, go look mentally in the mirror.
Now good bye, arguing with a card board box is more fun then this. I think I'll leave now.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:06 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why did I just click "HERE"? :'(

Anyway, I'm getting a CIS degree, what's wrong with that? According to some report I read the other day, Software Engineer was like the #1 job or something. I know it's a good job for my father.
The Apache

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:01 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: What is the worst job in the universe? Reply to topic Reply with quote

blah-er wrote:
I'm sick of people like you. You're whole life is to revolve around to find people that actually do something, and you call their work crap.

it's because you can't take negativity. if you can't take negative comments from people, don't bother starting up a website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 1211 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.688547 seconds : 49 queries executed (77.6%): GZIP compression disabled