Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Help w/ FACTS

View previous topic  Sfx Post :: Post TGA file  View next topic  
Halt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Help w/ FACTS Reply to topic Reply with quote

I used to map alot and was and still am a very experienced mapper, and my squad has asked me to make a squadmap. I have, and went looking for a sick font to be used so I could put it in big letters. I find a nice font that I like, and so I start up FACTS. Unfortunaetely, it's not working.. I redownloaded it.. still not working..

I don't map much anymore, so if someone could maybe FACTS the font for me that'd be much appreciated.. No point in fixing FACTS if I will never use it again
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you getting any error messages (like missing dll)?
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Note: Just saying that things don't work won't help you or us any further - post more information about the program not working.

Note 2: Just asking if someone could do something for you won't help you or us any further - post more information what you want done exactly (what font, what text, where on the map, etc).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not sure but DCME might be able to do what you want.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
I'm not sure but DCME might be able to do what you want.

Absolutly, I was about to say it...
The TextToMap feature allows you to write stuff in big letters, in any font / style you want.
Download it here
Halt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry.. when I posted this I was crazy tired.. I've been gettign like 4 hours of sleep revery day and running 7-8k in the morning zzz

If someone would do the work for me I'd aprreciate it, I need someone to do the word "Savior" in big letetrs. The font I want used is called Ghastly Panic. If you go to www.1001fonts.com you can find it there.. I think it's under the top 10. I'd also like one big $ sign (that is jsut an outline.. not filled in if possible) that is whatever font you want.. I just want it to be big and bold so I can make a race out of it.

When I try to run FACTS it says.. "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not crrectly registered: a file is missing or invalid." I've no idea what this means.. and I like tot hink I'm good with computers too :<
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you can either google for that ocx or goto subspacedownloads and grab it from there.
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

or just download DCME and do it... see the link in my previous post
however, DCME might need that COMDLG32.ocx file too anyway... but you can find it easily with google.
Once you downloaded it, put the file in your c:\windows\system32\ directory and it should work
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sama, you should include all the dll's that DCME uses in DCME's distribution, just in case the user doesn't have them.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

last time Drake built a complete package with VB, it created a huge 6 MB setup file... it's not really worth it tongue.gif
but seeing mscomdlg32 and msinet are the only 2 things we had issues on..we might just give these 2 with the program (or have the program check if they exist and provide direct download links if not)
Halt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with your link. Cannot find server or whatever. Has anyone tried making it yet?
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

my link works fine... it's a link to ssforum ; maybe you need an account to download the actual thing however... here's a post on this forum with DCME attached:
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=6625

and see that: it took me 2 minutes ... and if you're not happy with it being written with tile 1, then you'll need DCME to switch / replace tiles anyway... (CLT can do it too, but not SSME)

SAVIOR.zip - 73.51 KB
File downloaded or viewed 33 time(s)

preview.PNG - 27.65 KB
File downloaded or viewed 35 time(s)

Last edited by Samapico on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total
Halt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't see anyhting Sama? And yeah I'll downlaod DCME now
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

check the attachments in the post above... below my sig
Halt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh lol.. sorry new to these forums :/

I like the preview, thanks alot, but when I try and d/l the SSME file it says its not a 256 bit color thing or something. And I downloaded DCME, looks kinda complicated and I tried text to map.. but cant find my font even tho i d/led it
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you have to place your font in c:\windows\fonts if you want it to work... it worked for me here

and for it to work with SSME... hmm tileset might not have been saved as 256bit... i'll fix attachment right now
edit: you can try it again, it should open with SSME
and dcme might look more complicated.. but its just that you can do so much more stuff with it.... it's like comparing Photoshop with MSPaint tongue.gif
Halt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aight thanks alot Samapico, I got it done w/ the font I asked and stuff. The only thing I don't like about DCME is the way the slider bars are set. It's jsut a little funny for me. And the fact that it seems that everything I map in it doesn't seem to save more then once -_-

But I got it done thats all that matters, thanks guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 642 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.512302 seconds : 44 queries executed (92.2%): GZIP compression disabled