Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Squads

View previous topic  multiple passwords Post :: Post energy password  View next topic  
A_Pac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Squads Reply to topic Reply with quote

Each zone had their owns squads db. That way you can be in a dif squad in each zone and have it show up besides your name.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you want to be in different squads, you will need to use different alies. Most people like the fact that squads are NOT local to each zone.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This would be more of a suggestion for the billing than server, since the billing needs to record the passwords/names of players/squads. The server just asks the billing which squad to set the guy, and then ignores it forever (pretty much, :#squad: is done by billing and not server).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Perhaps a SquadID for servers like the current scoreid(Oh and why the fook was that taken out of ASSS? That was one kewl feature...)? I gotta say I've never seen a squad that is in many zones(Altough I guess some might exist) except if the zone has a seperate league zone or so.
-"l33t h41ku"
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why was what taken out? Billing server support?

If that's what you're talking about: Because it was broken, and I wanted to rewrite it. Since then, I've finished rewritten it, but I still have to test it and make sure it works at all before I release another version.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ScoreID usage. Storing scores locally, remember? Or has that changed?
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't touched any stats code in months. All scores and other stats have always been, and will for the near future be, stored locally.

The "ScoreID" setting is a number that gets reported to the billing server, and nothing else.

There used to be a "ScoreGroup" setting for arenas, but I thought that was too complicated, and now arenas that differ only by a trailing number (like foo, foo1, foo2, etc.) share scores.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're not getting my point. Right now the biller distributes scores by the ScoreID, so multiple zones can share scores, which is damn cool even if unused currently.

Or maybe you are getting my point and not beink werry gut att engleesh sa_tongue.gif
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Once he finishes and tests the billing code, it will be very simple to apply this to whatever you need. From what i believe grelminar is trying to do is to make a TCP/IP connection to a brand new billing server. To work with older, crappier billing servers that burn up CPU and harddrive space, he will make a new protocol to old protocol proxy server. There, you can apply a ScoreID if you wish.

As to adding it into his new billing server idea, it will be very simple because i believe he is doing it all in text format, just as the chat protocol is. So adding a new value is very simple, without as much pain as changing packets completely around.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh, you're saying that you _like_ the billing ScoreID feature. I got confused because you said it was taken out of asss, but in fact it's never been in asss: I've never written code to send scores to the billing server.

About multiple zones sharing scores, I guess it might be cool, but it's pretty hard in the general case, and probably not worth the effort. I'll bet it could work between two zones running on the same machine, just by pointing them to the same database directory, but changing things to make scores be stored remotely in addition to locally would be a pretty big change.

Remember that scores are a bit more complicated in asss: there are lots more stats besides the standard 4 (kill pts, flag pts, kills, deaths), all stats are tracked over three time periods (forever, per-reset, and per-game), and stats from prior periods stay in the database until purged, so you can get a complete history of any game in any arena, or a single person's stats over a series of resets, or whatever. Of course, there are no tools to query for that sort of information yet, but it's possible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i see this problem everywhere, peolpe dont understand
Quote:
BETA quality

they expect a new server.zip, and they dl it even if the dont intend to do dev.

about the billing, feautures are 1337 cool and all, but i think simplicity is probably better. has anyone considered encrypted storage client-side (dump on good 'ol priit)? Dumb idea? maybe... make sense? absolutely. let the clients deal with their own s****

about score sharing, i dont relish the idea. zones have so many subs as it is that who really cares? i persoanly find myself COMPETING consistently in one zone at a a time (less often recently).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 612 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.569072 seconds : 36 queries executed (83.4%): GZIP compression disabled