Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
I need help totally please help.............................

View previous topic  new buildlevel Post :: Post bmp > lvl  View next topic  
METHODZ
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: I need help totally please help............................. Reply to topic Reply with quote

I want to make blue bounty pick-ups, diffrent color bombs and bullets, blue repels, and diffrent type of explosion.....I have the graphics but i dont know where to even start to load them up please help or give any information you can, you can stop in SSOE Rampage youll see me in there most likely thank you. icon_confused.gif
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

okey dokes.

so you take the standard images (prizes.bm2, bombs.bm2, bullets.bm2, repel.bm2, explode1/2.bm2 --- can get copies from Continuum>graphics [ADVISE YOU DO NOT OVERWRITE THESE, ONLY COPY TO OTHER DIRECTORIES]) and you open them in an image editor...photoshop is the bomb icon_smile.gif

you may need to rename them to .bmp to open them in the image editor (if you don't see folder extensions like ".bm2", in any folder window, hit Tools>Folder Options>View>(uncheck)"Hide file extensions for known file types".

hopefully your image editor has a hue/saturation feature like photoshop (image>adjust>hue/saturation) and you can just change the color(s) easily. Once you're changed the colors to what you want (or edited the images how you want them otherwise), just save them (preferrably in indexed mode [image>mode>indexed for photoshop]--more options coming soon with ctm 3icon_cool.gif as a .bmp. Rename them as .bm2's and then you get to make a .lvz file.

To make a .lvz file, download lvztoolkit.zip and unzip it. Open up notepad or wordpad.

For simply replacing images like you seem to want to do, type something like this:

Code: Show/Hide

Outfile=filename.lvz

File=prizes.bm2
File=bombs.bm2
File=bullets.bm2
File=repel.bm2

Where "filename" is any name you want that the .lvz will initially be given upon creation. Put as many File= entries as you want, but remember that these are for REPLACEMENT graphics. So, if you want to replace bombs.bm2 (the game's default bombs image set [see Continuum>graphics]) then you have to have "File=bombs.bm2"...NOT "File=bombss.bm2" or "File=bmbs.bmp"..."File=bombs.bm2", period.

Once you have all the File= entires you desire, simply save the text file as filename.ini , where filename is any name you want and .ini is the extension buildlevel.exe uses to form .lvz files.

Make sure the images (like bombs.bm2) that are specified in your .ini file are in the same directory as the .ini file.

Now run buildlevel.exe on your new .ini file, it should create a new .lvz file named whatever you specified in "outfile=filename.lvz" - in the directory of the .ini file.

Now you have to get the .lvz file onto your server/into your zone.

If you don't have sysop powers, get a sysop to do the following:

Use the command "*putfile filename.lvz" to upload the .lvz file into the zone/onto the server (if you are sysop, make sure the .lvz file is in your Continuum main directory).

Now type "*getfile arenaname.cfg" to get the settings file where "arenaname" is the name of the arena in which you want the new images to be used. If you want them to be in public arena, use "*getfile server.cfg".

Open the .cfg file in notepad/wordpad. Find the [Misc] section. In the [Misc] section, make "Levelfiles=filename.lvz" (add the entire line to the end of the [Misc] section if it does not already exist).

Now save the .cfg with the new info.

Now "*putfile arenaname.cfg" back onto the server/zone with the new info.

Voila! You should now download the new images and see them in action upon entering the arena you specified. (it takes a while for the server to re-read, so if you re-enter immediately after *putfile'ing without getting anything, don't worry, just wait a minute or two and try again).

WARNING: Very small mistakes can cause large problems. I recommend you try this out in a SUBarena first if you plan on using the images for public arena. Small errors or unexpected things can cause arenas to crash, and you don't want it to be your PUBLIC arena.

Enjoy. Post again if you have any problems.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow... lots... of... typing... there... Akai!
-"l33t h41ku"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

my pr0n wasn't done downloading sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
METHODZ
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai when I opened Buildlevel.exe it was unable to open the stuff i put in the ini for File=ect........ So did I do somethng wrong with the graphics in continuum directory? icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All of the files you include (like prizes.bm2) in your .ini need to be in the same directory as the .ini . Hopefully this is your problem, because it should be easy to fix. Let us know.
METHODZ
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_smile.gif Ok, Thank You Akai I appreciate your help It worked I am finished, And just for your help I listed your name with my zone graphic a1 section hehe
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol, far out biggrin.gif
roof_tiles
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

methodz..seriously suggest you change the minappshutdowntime to 0....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 652 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.442170 seconds : 34 queries executed (93.0%): GZIP compression disabled