Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
DCME, Drake Continuum Map Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic  A3 DC DLL for MervBot Post :: Post Subgame to ASSS migration assistant  View next topic  
drake7707

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

v2.0 is out

• Complete Elvl support (attributes, regions)
      • Completely rewrote Undo/Redo code (all should be undoable now)

• Undoing airbrushed special objects now work correctly
        • Undoing actions related to selection now work correctly

• Added: Test your map on the fly

• You can draw left tiles with Q and right tiles with W in Test Map
        • You can see how bombs will bounce with B
        • Shift = Afterburners
        • Insert = warp to center

• Special object are also highlighted now
      • Undo/redo menu was not disabled when no map was loaded
      • Fixed problem with drawing a special object (overflow error)
      • Tile 0 was never drawn
      • Random stuff is now completely random
      • Popup Tileset & Popup Radar when right bar is hidden
      • Tips of the day updated
      • Fixed glitch with unable to move selections with magicwand
      • Fixed offset of DCME window when not maximized
      • Tool options toolbar can be pinned/unpinned
      • Fixed rotation bug (out of range error)
      • Fixed tile problem with flip/mirror
      • Mousewheel zoom focuses on the tile beneath the cursor
      • Radar preview is showing complete map when zoomed out
      • Fixed bug with top left tile
      • Fixed unnecessary redraws
      • If a map is not maximized, a new map won't be maximized either
      • Fixed problems with grid settings
      • Fixed mystery line when making a new map or opening one
      • Added warning when importing a tileset from a map without tileset
      • Fixed drag speed of map

Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

weird... look at the hex data from the corrupt map posted before...
all the names are missing... there is rNAM , then the lenght of the name, then the rTIL is right there... for all the regions he had.

weird... i'll see what could have caused that :S

mapHex.png - 8.49 KB
File downloaded or viewed 156 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm, I just thought of a possible addition. A lot of people have mice with multiple buttons now, could it be possible to map extra tiles, or possibly other tools to these keys? That way I could have my two tiles, and eraser key, and maybe and 3rd tile placer? That'd be fairly cool.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you can already use hand with the middle mouse button and zoom with the mousewheel... It wasnt in our plans to add anything more than that, and it would be something pretty hard to test (especially that I have not such a mouse) cause these things depend on drivers alot...
And we did put a couple of features to avoid people from having to switch tiles all the time, which is the most annoying part of mapping. TileText is one of those... The ability to select more than one tile at once in the tileset too, and walltiles. If your tileset is organized correctly (you can reorganize it in tileset editor as well) , you shouldn't really have to use more than 2 tiles at once
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh. Well, what about hotkeys? No driver issues there, I don't think. That's about as easy, if I could map a key to be my eraser key, hold or toggle, and then the hand tool, that would be awesome. Although I'm sure other people like might other things as well.

Anyway, this eLVL support is what I really wanted. This is amazing, I'm going to go play with it right now.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Samapico

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

there are keys to switch tool too, move mouse over the tools button and the hotkey should appear
Samapico

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: problem Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
Yo, drake, i found a problem..at least on mine. When you choose the line it starts the line before i click once i drag it on the map...like the older ssme i think. Anyway to manually fix it or could you update that???

I found what causes that bug... When you drag the scrollbars manually, its value isn't set correctly... it will be fixed.

And I forgot to mention something about test map, while flying, if you right-click the radar, you can use the 'Goto' to warp your ship
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You mention having a unique id stored within each map, based upon timestamp and volume id. If you don't mind making the unique id field a bit larger, you could go with the UUID idea instead.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Samapico

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, when the map is autosaved, that ID is at the start of the filename... so yeah it would be kinda long tongue.gif
It's just so it always knows how many autosaves of that map there currently is, even if you save the map under another name or if you have 2 maps with the same name
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

VERSION 3.0 IS RELEASED!!!

Guess what?

LVZ'S ARE NOW FULLY SUPPORTED!

The GUI is quite basic for now, but it works fine, and allows you to import any kind of files.

The first post was updated with the download and latest updates... But you can get it through auto-update as well.
Samapico

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since I don't update this here very much...

A lot has happened since that last post. If you want to try the new beta release, all rendering is 3 to 4 times faster than it used to be. ASSS regions are rendered very quickly, no matter how many of them. Hyperspace maps used to jam DCME for several seconds because of the number of regions, but it's smooth now.

Several improvements on LVZs were also made. And I'm still working on more good stuff for those. The ability to select multiple lvz's at once and change their properties is what I'm mainly working on, and I should be done soon.
The latest beta has some graphic glitches, like a few pixels don't get updated when you move around quickly, but that is being worked on, so stay tuned. And these glitches are nothing compared to the huge improvements done tongue.gif

http://dcme.sscentral.com for download

And bug reports / suggestions should be done on our forum @ SSForum.net. Guest posting is allowed there
Samapico

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Download here

Here's the list of what what done/fixed since last time I posted:

• Fixed walltiles editing dialog showing tiles with current map zoom
    • Fixed using bucket fill with walltiles
    • Fixed tile preview of walltiles

• Fixed infinite crashes when opening a map from a network
    • Some memory optimizations for regions
    • Significant optimizations for saving tiles (3-4x faster)
    • Fixed 'Save items...' to actually work
    • Fixed 'Count tiles' total tiles count
    • Fixed Undo/Redo for some cases of moving selection (moving near border, or using Center Selection)
    • Pasting now puts the new tiles in the center of the screen

• More memory usage optimizations, especially for LVZ images
    • Selected LVZ coordinates are updated as you move the selection
    • Selected region is shown on top of the others with its full color to make it easier to see

• Major improvements on memory usage, especially for ASSS regions
    • Fixed minor regions display bug

DCME_3.4.13.zip - 1397.63 KB
File downloaded or viewed 166 time(s)
daresay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've run into a problem while using DCME to update some maps in Hockey Zone. I'm working with some LVZs, and while I didn't have a problem when I was working with them earlier, when I went to do some more work this morning, I got the following error when I tried to add a new MapObject:

Run-time error '35602':

Key is not unique in collection

Creating a new .lvz file allows me to add the new images to the map, but I'd rather not have to create a new .lvz every time I run into this problem. Is there a way I can fix it?

I'm using DCME 3.4.13, btw.

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to work around it by using the .lvz library rather than the Manage .lvz menu to add new MapObjects. Please disregard this post, thanks anyway.
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Next time if anyone has any support questions post it in http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showforum=277
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
HardBall69
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The link in the first post brings me to a download page that contains 3 different "Continuum 0.40" files by Polix. A Little unsure of what to do o-o
Samapico

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSforum moved and the download section got reset, apparently...

But anyway, the latest DCME releases are available on sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcme/

I updated the first post. Thanks for noticing icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 401 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.645043 seconds : 43 queries executed (84.2%): GZIP compression disabled