Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Public Biller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Need a host Post :: Post Quesiton  View next topic  
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sure one of the only ways to prevent it would be to make a custom modification to Catid's Biller through its source code that would disallow a new incoming duplicate zone connection.

If the zone has a different ScoreID (not sure about GroupID), but same Port, the zone will connect and possibly not even show on the directory server list. I think the Directory Nameserver Password has to be changed too. :S Best chance for now would be to have a random Score/GroupID to prevent zone attacks.

Maybe someone would be willing to volunteer to make that custom feature in Catid's Biller? :S

EDIT :: I didn't see Muskrat's post when I posted this. biggrin.gif I think eventually the password would leak out and then I would have to change it once in a while, which could be a burden to some zones or people. I don't have the webcoding/scripting knowledge to make a form. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

having had to ban by first person from kitty girls ive learn more about the biller. I think the way the public biller would work better would be to use the biller as its meant to be used.

the password is not meant to be used at all once you have set up the biller and created the first op.

Quote:
Addzone assigns private passwords to new zones entering the
network. This prevents DoS attacks by disgruntled operators
on other zones. The 'skeleton key' biller password is still
available, but it should be randomized soon after the first
zone connects, as the addzone system is more efficient.
If you are a network-wide operator then the zone will be added
under the group of the zone that you are in. If you are a
group-wide operator then the zone will be added under the
group of the zone you are op in.
SYNTAX: ?addzone <score id>:<password>
EXAMPLE: ?addzone 8000:asfd
EXAMPLE: ?addzone 246:111111113653

making people send an email would allow you to register each zone separatly. And it doesnt matter then if the zones run on the same port. They just need to have different scoreID i think...
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for that information Doc. =) I've updated my post.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Could you please re-pin this thread?
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, requirement wise, its Zone Host only, plus...you are currently hosting no one, to my knowledge, and have not ever, so..give me a reason to pin it and ill pin it.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

#1 A directory server is already pinned, which is equally not zone hosting.
#2 Zone owners need billers as well as hosting, so it should be equally useful to zone owners.
#3 You're being an ass.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Zone Hosting / Advertising
Post here if you need hosting, or can offer hosting. Any advertising of zones or events go in here.

My rules are simple if you want a sticky. You be a Zone Host or something valuable that deserves a sticky, and you be active. Theres not one thing stickied right now that isnt hosting atleast one zone.

And calling me an ass doesnt exactly make me want to put it up =/
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I might be a bit kinder, but your link directs to /billing/ while your text says for /billing2/ so anyone clicking on the link gets asked for permission immediately. Which fails, since they don't have an account. Which brings them back to not being able to even make an account.

I notice you are using formmail.php. I'm hoping that is patched.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/31337/default.htm

Fear the cult of the dead cow icon_twisted.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

*sigh* What a headache.

I need a new everything. The biller needs someone to fix its bugs; someone to make a working and functional registration form (that was a freaking pain in the arse, and that's the best I could go with).

I don't think this thread is worthy of being pinned any more. I just don't have the willpower to learn PHP or anything to develop my own registration form, and I'd hate to ask anyone to do it for me.

I've found a major bug in the biller that causes it to crash. I still need to go retrieve its crash log (I was told that it has very indepth details about what caused it and how).

No programmer (the one I have is hardly ever online because his laptop doesn't work anymore), no maintenaince, nothing.

By the way, "Jackpot SVS" and "blue monday" are registered zones for the Public Biller.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
*sigh* What a headache.

I need a new everything. The biller needs someone to fix its bugs; someone to make a working and functional registration form (that was a freaking pain in the arse, and that's the best I could go with).

I don't think this thread is worthy of being pinned any more. I just don't have the willpower to learn PHP or anything to develop my own registration form, and I'd hate to ask anyone to do it for me.

I've found a major bug in the biller that causes it to crash. I still need to go retrieve its crash log (I was told that it has very indepth details about what caused it and how).

No programmer (the one I have is hardly ever online because his laptop doesn't work anymore), no maintenaince, nothing.

By the way, "Jackpot SVS" and "blue monday" are registered zones for the Public Biller.

You could convert to Doc Flabby's biller? It's probably not ready yet, but he IS actively working on it.

Also, bumping this topic works just as well as a sticky does.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I hope his biller will be pretty much a crystal clear clone and reinvention of Catid's Biller with just the missing VIE/SSC-styled features and enhanced encryption. Personally (by my own standards) I would hate to see it turn out like the messy, confusing, complicated AS3. On Slashdat yesterday (or the day before) there was an article that pointed out that an illiterate user would rather use Windows than Linux because Windows is far far more user friendly and easier. I compare AS3 being Linux to VIE/Catid/SSC being Windows.

I think this Windows vs Linux topic has been discussed more. I almost (or) totally agree with Sampaico (and Drake?) on their opinion about Linux. I find Catid, VIE, and SSC to be more like Windows and Microsoft, while AS3 on the other hand is more like Linux: sloppy, messy, complicated, confusing, fghwds. Sure AS3 is better (sure Linux is better), but the other three outweighs AS3 in the other aspects (as Windows does to Linux). Even with Ubuntu, I'd rather use Windows (I've tried Ubuntu before, and I liked Windows better).

Anyway....

The bug I found (in just some brief or vivid description) in Catid's biller is that when you command flood, apparently the biller crashes. My host said this:
[12:32] xxxxxx: i see the problem now
[12:32] xxxxxx: what is block type?
[12:33] xxxxxx: it gives a lot of info into fixing the problem
[12:34] xxxxxx: just need to look for the asert command in dbgdel.cpp on line 47

EDIT :: Ah here it is!
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um. There are a lot of bad things about Linux, but messy? It's super organized. Have you ever looked in Windows registry? Windows is incredibly sloppy and way more confusing. It's just easier to use if you don't plan on doing much with it, like, running servers. Actually, probably easier to run servers too, just not as well.

As for Subgame and AS3, both run out of the box. I don't think AS3 gets complicated until you get into the things that Subgame can't do, in which case it doesn't matter that it's more complicated because subgame can't do it anyway. At least, this has been my experience.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I think this Windows vs Linux topic has been discussed more.
Ack I don't know why I said this. I meant to say that I think this topic has already been discussed.

Quote:
Have you ever looked in Windows registry?
Plenty of times. sa_tongue.gif Why does the average noob need to use the registry? I hardly ever use the registery. I only use it when I need to do some dirty work, but that's ever so rare. If my registry needs to be accessed, its usually done by Anti-XXXXXX (fill in the Xs; ie. virus, malware, spyware) and such. Since I hardly ever encounter a problem where I need to do something in the registry myself, it doesn't become an issue.

Yes, the registry is quite deep in directories. I presume one might not be too comfortable at first sight. Of course, since I understand some of it, it isn't too much for me to understand it (in the perspective of a Linux user, its the same for them for Linux). Registry compared to Linux I think is not fair to a degree.

If I recall correctly, Linux doesn't have that. Windows does. But either way, again, why does one need to access the registry? I bet atleast 98% of the students I've taken classes with in my lifetime have ever seen the Registry, and have been using Windows all their life! So what if Windows has this and Linux doesn't - the point is that this isn't a feature of Windows recognized by most users or that should even be used by most users (manually).

I understand if you're a network engineer or something and sometimes duty calls for this. DEFINATELY I do agree, Windows was not made for more than a "1-User Account" system. My mom bought a Dell (and it sucks; don't ever buy one) and wanted accounts for each member of my family, even the little ones (between 4 to 7 years of age). The problem I encountered was that these little ones could fghwds up the system by randomly clicking all over the screen. I can't argue with my mom because she isn't that kind of person you should even pick up an arguement with.

Anyway the major problem I was having is making my own user "class" or group, whatever. I never was able to figure out how to specifically define each and every friggin part of Windows what a user is permitted to do. Though recently I remember that I should try turning of File sharing (or whatever it is) to enable those security tabs (and other security/power controlling features). So I may have to try this again. The only account I have on my PC is my own. Accounts is just something Windows XP wasn't really made for. With 10+ years of computer experience, even I can't figure it out unless I think really really hard and do my research.

Do I get too carried away in these kinds of topics? icon_sad.gif I have one of those feelings...

I've once been given FTP access to an AS3 zone being prepared. My reaction was: WT*?! and icon_eek.gif. It was just as confusing as Linux. When I first met Subgame, it wasn't too hard because I almost instantly figured out that the *.lvl's were the maps and kept in the root folder, *.ini was the primary and sole configurations of the zone/biller, the *.cfgs were settings, and the *.txt files were really much self explanatory. How easy is that? icon_wink.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone have a clue about...

Second time I tried crashing the biller using the same method I did the first time (by accident), it gave no error.

How come the default/untouched source code of Catid's biller is uncompilable (due to errors)?
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

syntax error L.C icon_surprised.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

*looks both ways casually*

Bump and new update. I'm paying Confess+ to host the Public Biller now. Finally some cash flow in the community! biggrin.gif If you look down on the last sentence, look down on yourself - this community cannot run on nothing, as nothing can run on itself.

Hehe.

By the way, if you need billing hosting, please choose the Public Biller. It could use some support. icon_smile.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess+ had been kind enough to throw up a central zone for the Public Biller. It is titled Public Biller HQ. If you want, you can check it out. Nothing fancy but a blank map, simple news file, proper lag settings for the sake of it, spectator-mode-only. Heh.

Thanks Confess+. icon_smile.gif
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
Anyone have a clue about...

Second time I tried crashing the biller using the same method I did the first time (by accident), it gave no error.

How come the default/untouched source code of Catid's biller is uncompilable (due to errors)?

btw,
?recyclezone brings up a similar error.
abort causes crash.
retry causes crash.
ignore works! ignore ftw!

wish you didnt even need to worry about it tho :\
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hah, what Catid's biller needs is a dedicated coder.

Last night I tried Catid's 11j (SOS compile) with ?networkreset, and it gave me a similar crash and popup error. The Public Biller isn't using SOS' compile (because there are features and different designs in it that I don't like).
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I want to replace this biller with Accede. Catid's biller is certainly an unreliable and unstable biller; I don't recommend any public biller to use Catid's biller.

I need to get ahold of a good copy of Accede. D:
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why would you want to use Accede, it probably has more bugs than asss.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Geesh, make it sound like it's not runable or something. :/

One thing I'd like to add is that ASSS has been around for, what, 3+ years? Accede around 3 months?

The only 'bugs' in the tracker are the following:
(VIE+Core) User online status / zone population is incorrect - this may be fixed now.

Disconnect request from billing server ignored - Subgame doesn't like me sending a disconnect packet to the server. Not exactly sure how else to tell it biller is going offline.

Reliable packet failure should not disconnect zone && Harden Reliable Packet handling - this seems to no longer be a big issue, have yet to verify though. My reliable packet method probably could be tweaked, a lot.

The real issue is the lack of BanG and necessary features to make it biller-worthy. Sure, the client commands are all set, but nothing to easily administrate the system is done.
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

L.C. wrote:
Might I ask, is there any vulnerability to the biller if it's public? Does Catid's Biller have any exploits?

I constantly see a user '~guest' as Level 0 Network Wide Operator in the Operator list. I keep removing it and it keeps coming back. What's this?

The biller sysop password is -impossible- to guess. It's over 40 character's long and ultimately randomized.

By the way, I'm working on finding out why the biller appears to be offline. :S
EDIT :: It turns out the biller was offline due to its server going through software updates that probably would have required the server to be idle from extra activities. Anyway, biller is online and running fine.

weeeeeee i found it

~:0 means the user using password in ini
you:1 is the 1st op u added
him:2 is 2nd

etc.

and since you always can, and anyone can, ~ is the name.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shutting down the biller, sorry guys. Someone else can try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 655 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.633761 seconds : 50 queries executed (75.0%): GZIP compression disabled