Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Public Biller
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Need a host Post :: Post Quesiton  View next topic  
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Public Biller Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello. I have established a biller on a dedicated server on a reliable 100Mbit (Full Duplex) connection, and would like to share it as a public biller open to everyone to use.

Please register at http://www.jackpotsvs.com/biller2/. It runs on Catid's Biller. I can give out BanG access to zone owners that request it from me.

Better yet, you may contact me personally through AIM (hlrsecom), MSN (hlrsecom@gmail.com), YIM (hlrse2@yahoo.com), ICQ (318691377), or e-Mail (admin@hlrse.net).

I offer nothing more than giving a zone owner BanG access on his zone, and the Biller for his zone to connect to. It has a connected database for those that are just wondering. sa_tongue.gif

Biller Hosting Provided by VisFX.Net & Confess+
Confess+ and SST is not affiliated with VisFX.Net.

Last edited by L.C. on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 10 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You sure you want to do that? icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Indeed. Why do you ask?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why is the port number so high?
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does it matter? Meh. I have a general biller question at hand. Is it possible to make the registration forms popup when a new user joins?
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think that might be an SSC thing

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Might I ask, is there any vulnerability to the biller if it's public? Does Catid's Biller have any exploits?

I constantly see a user '~guest' as Level 0 Network Wide Operator in the Operator list. I keep removing it and it keeps coming back. What's this?

The biller sysop password is -impossible- to guess. It's over 40 character's long and ultimately randomized.

By the way, I'm working on finding out why the biller appears to be offline. :S
EDIT :: It turns out the biller was offline due to its server going through software updates that probably would have required the server to be idle from extra activities. Anyway, biller is online and running fine.

Last edited by L.C. on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

LOL, I just noticed the port number! Somebody besides Quan been reading up on hacking history?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hence, my post. icon_eek.gif
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I don't understand? I know that it's sopossed to stand for "elite," but is there something besides that that I am unaware of? icon_surprised.gif
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would use a less expected port like 26329, but that's just me. I have special ports at high ranges I always use if I am going to port forward. I don't feel like running a lot of software on my computer so I use high numbers so I don't have anything to monitor.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Public biller is always nice. I've never understood why SSC access was restricted. Maybe there is a technical reason, and I'm sure there is a (theoretical)limit to how many zones the biller can support, I just doubt there's enough load from the zones for that to really be in danger of happening.

Anyway, does your biller support ASSS zones(is that even up to the biller?)?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
I've never understood why SSC access was restricted. Maybe there is a technical reason ...

Because any zone connected to the SSC billing server could steal your password. It isn't hard, and it has happened before. With Continuum now, it only sends the raw password to the SSC billing server on a new name creation, but any zone could start to log every ?changepassword, ?blogin, ?login, etc and steal anything else they wanted.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Protoman
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Port : 31337

31337 = Eleet

Eleet = Elite.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, what you're saying is... don't use your SSC password for this other biller.

I suppose in a perfect situation there could be a biller that gave access to anyone that hadn't caused problems in the past, names could do authentication by MacID(s?) and an E-Mail, and the only way to change one would be to validate on the other. I'm sure there would still be problems, but it sounds good to me.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Apache
BECAUSE I'M A STUPID IDIOT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

god you're so fucking sad l.c.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway, does your biller support ASSS zones(is that even up to the biller?)?
I don't know. I just grabbed Catid's biller off shanky.com/server. If it supports ASSS, then that's cool. ;P

It might not hurt to try connect an ASSS zone to the biller and see how it performs its wonderful works. icon_smile.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

asss works fine with catids biller.
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I believe to ensure ASSS on catid's biller you have to decrypt the billing traffic... which should have an option in subbill.ini.

Also, unless Grem fixed this already, ASSS always defaults itself to GroupID 0.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Purge wrote:
I believe to ensure ASSS on catid's biller you have to decrypt the billing traffic... which should have an option in subbill.ini.

i didnt do this and it worked fine...
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, it's worked OK encrypted for me in the past.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In global.conf add the following:

ServerId=YourServerID (i.e.: 878)
GroupId=1
ScoreId=YourScoreID (i.e.:2832)

Also, make sure billing_ssc is uncommented on the have lines.

Of course you will fill out the billing section in global.conf as well. I just gave you something that wasn't in there.

:)
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is it possible to disallow other zones from booting other zones offline by changing their port over to thier victim (zone) port?

If you didn't catch what I was saying - is it possible to prevent people from launching a zone connected to the same biller that uses an already existant port? D:
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm thinking that would be a hazard of making a public biller.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just force them to register on a webpage or something.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 667 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.496952 seconds : 50 queries executed (89.0%): GZIP compression disabled