Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Continuum on a mac?

View previous topic  PSpace Post :: Post Starting a new Chat client program  View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Continuum on a mac? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to pull this off? I recently made the switch, which I'm very happy about, although I do terribly miss good old SS.

I tried installing a windows emulator, downloaded it into my emulater (called 'Q') but when I tried to open it, nothing happened.

Does anyone play on a Mac?
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, people managed to get it to run with Wine, which makes me wonder if you can't also get it to run with DarWine, but apparently Continuum is tricky to get to run on other systems. Find a topic(trash talk) called "Finally, Continuum in Linux!" for more info on this.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

why would you play games on a mac.. i thought they were expensive to just look good..

also i know people have gotten on but i dont know how they did icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i think they used virtual pc
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm it seems VMWare is only made for Windows and Linux. I'm clueless then.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Continuum on a mac? Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
H recently made the switch, which I'm very happy about

Wow, never come up to me in real life, or I will stab your eyes out.
Why the fuck would you switch from windows to mac, it's a waste of money, you could at least go in the path of Linux, but seemingly you like things that only look good and have no real intention of doing other things then office work, and pictures, I hope you die!
Another has fallen to the commercial view of macintrash focusing on the young youth of today, it's sad really. They give free computers to schools, so that kids are grown up with using apples, and they have no real direction in to the IT fields...

Personally, I do have a mac, but I only use it for one purpose.

The only way you'll ever get to see SS again, is if you step back in to reality, and come back to the windows side, or in to Linux with wine. I remembered the guy who claimed he had set up wine with apple, but he forgot to state, he was using boot camp and had put Linux and windows on it instead of wasting his time with Macintrash.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
Well, people managed to get it to run with Wine, which makes me wonder if you can't also get it to run with DarWine, but apparently Continuum is tricky to get to run on other systems. Find a topic(trash talk) called "Finally, Continuum in Linux!" for more info on this.

He said he's running a Mac, not Linux.
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'de be supprised if it didn't crash though...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is what you need: Some people on macs play in tw using this.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications/virtualpc/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Lynx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've written a brief walkthrough that can help you running Continuum on OS X via wine. It's not much different to Linux, but if you're not CMDLUI savvy, it's a nice newb-friendly walkthrough. I still need to make a few edits, but it should be fine.

http://krslynx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=59

Have fun,

krslynx
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 663 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.514710 seconds : 35 queries executed (94.1%): GZIP compression disabled