Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Star Trek: Chaos Alliance

View previous topic  New Zone - Close Combat Post :: Post SSCI Dragonball Z 3rd Annual Reunion (...  View next topic  
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Star Trek: Chaos Alliance Reply to topic Reply with quote

First off, i'm a bit confused wiether to post this here for Advertising purposes. I wasn't sure where to put it, Trash Talk or ZH/A because the rules on ZH/A specify only about trying to get hosted. But in the description it says otherwise "Post here if you need hosting, or can offer hosting. Any advertising of zones or events go in here.

And since I didn't see any zone adverts in Trash Talk, I decided to post it here. So anyways, i'm not making this advertisement just to get a few more players. I'm advertising because I need feedback for my zone, I suggestions on what to add/change. But also, you could consider this as an application if you wish, but hosting offers would mearly be a bonus.

Below i'll list each category of zone material and write what our zone offers.

Description:
Star Trek: Chaos Alliance. Take place in the ongoing battle! You can either join the Federation and secure the new source of power(Lunexium) or you can join the Chaos Alliance and destroy the Zeta Quadrant!

Storyline: (Taken from news.txt)
Stardate 48217.4 - After being thrown through a temporal rift, the U.S.S Enterpise ended up in what is now known as the Zeta Quadrant. After encountering a new species called the Gundalith, the Enterprise crew discovered a new source of energy, an unlimited one at that. The Gundalith called it Lunexium, it is made out of an unknown radioactive metal that had collided with a Super Nova and was scattered after the blast. It had ended up throughout the Zeta Quadrant and was refined by the Gundalith on thier home world.

After signing a peace treaty with the Federation, the Gundalith agreed to supply the Federation with Lunexium in return for a Federation presense to protect thier home world and all of it's Lunexium from local enemies. With the now integrated Lunexium power source, over 1/3 of Federation ships were sent to the Zeta Quadrant to join the Enterprise, nearly 10,000 Light years away. However, after two years, a small rouge group of Federation agents known as the Maquis, sold top secret information to the Romulans and Cardassians about the Lunexium, and out of greed, war was declared.

Cardassians and Romulans made an alliance and after some presuasion, the Maquis joined the alliance too. Thier newfound alliance was declared as: The Chaos Alliance, and they sent over 3,000 ships to the Zeta quadrant in hopes of securing the new-found Lunexium. Starfleet offered another treaty with the Klingons, and after agreeing on supplying Klingon fleet with Lunexium, the treaty was signed and the war continued with somewhat evenend odds. After a 3 month battle, the Federation sucessfully drove off the Chaos Alliance from the Zeta Qudrant. But thier forces were greatly depleted, and more ships were called in for help.

After the long retreat home, the Chaos Alliance began to rebuild thier empire while Starfleet sent out more Federation ships to defend the Zeta Quadrant. Shortly after, the Borg had come across a derelict Romluan Warbird that had been drifting almost 374 Light years from Romulan Space, it was one of the Warbirds that didn't make it back home from the war. After the ship was scanned, the Borg became aware of the Lunexium and the Chaos Alliance. The Borg, nearly Annihalated after an encounter with a Federation starship U.S.S Voyager, with Federation Technology from the future, were desperate to rebuild and conquer once more. With only 22 Borg Cubes, 3 Tactical Cubes, and 14 Borg Spheres left, The Borg headed to Romulan territory with an offer to join the Chaos Alliance, seeing the Borg as not much of a threat at this time, they were accepted and the even stronger Chaos Aliiance prepared for a Zeta Quadrant Invasion.

The Chaos Alliance is only 2 Light years away, and as thier fleets of ships are zoned just outside the Border of the Zeta quadrant, you go to red alert.
-----------

So this is the story that your play off of. It may change in a bit though as what I like to call: the STCA "expansion pack" is planned to come out in a month or so, possibly changing a lot of the zone.

Settings:
The settings in this zone probabably took the longest time, simply because I had to match them off the power charts in the news and f1 menu. All ships have thier own unique abilities and strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't say this is a fast paced zone, or a supership zone. The ships without thurst(warp speed) are fairly slow. But when you go into warp you speed up about 2x-3x as fast. I would say the sets are more unique than anything. The settings are well balanced and the game style is CTF. There are 2 teams and all flags (Lunexium) are scattered and you must secure them all for your team.

Objective of the zone:
To secure all sources of Lunexium for your team and not get blown to scrap. icon_smile.gif

Bots:
We have 1 main bot, and it has around 30 plugins, so it's way too much to go into detail, and not to mention custom ones are on the way in the STCA expansion pack.

Unique Features:
Well considering it's all designed to meet Star Trek's needs, we have just about everything customized to be Trek Themed. Sets, Ships, Gfx, Lvz, Sounds, an more. This is the ideal zone for any Star Trek fan and will even appeal to those who are unfamiliar with the show.

We now have an official website located at http://sstrek.tk

Last edited by cypherus on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, what a beautiful post. MGB, sticky this under "How the fuck it should be done, newbies."
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I remember when I hosted this zone a while back. The zone had potential at the time, but just didn't have it. After seeing this advert/application, I'd really like to see it back up.

Out of a 10-star rating on the application/advertisment, I'd have to give this a 8.5. Good job.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looking at the radar I notice 2 things, a) lots of tiles (longer download), b) radar shows almost all the map, this may have a negative effect on lag/bandwidth usage.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
The Apache
BECAUSE I'M A STUPID IDIOT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
Looking at the radar I notice 2 things, a) lots of tiles (longer download), b) radar shows almost all the map, this may have a negative effect on lag/bandwidth usage.

Hmmm, maybe he is pressing alt while he pressed PrintScreen?

The zone looks very nice indeed, but I don't think it would appeal to me: I'm not a Star Trek fan. icon_smile.gif

But it looks like a damn good effort was put into it - Well done!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

@Contempt+: *EDIT* Ok well looks like im taking you up on your offer.

@Smong: Yeah the images outside of the border are just for show, and they will be gone when the new map comes out in the expansion pack.

@The Apache: Yes, I did indeed hold down alt when taking the screenshot, just so you would see the whole map layout.

But yes the radar DOES show all the map. But this is because you can see all of your allies and enemys on the radar! I don't recall any other zone doing it and I think it'd be cool because unlike most zones, you'll never have to ask soemone where they are cause the map zoom is so small you'd have to fly around with a microscope to find other players. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 734 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.463921 seconds : 30 queries executed (93.7%): GZIP compression disabled