Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
The Admin Cpanel - My version

View previous topic  Administrative Control Panel Post :: Post Is there any MAJOR difference between ...  View next topic  
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: The Admin Cpanel - My version Reply to topic Reply with quote

Name: Admin Control Panel
Language: C++

What it is:

Its a remake of Assassin's Admin CPanel program(for the most part). It has most of the same functions. Some functions I thought were pretty useless so I didn't out them in my version. This version was coded in C++. Its console based. This is for people who like to type commands. I used basic batch commands for the most part. Nothing major.

Image of it

**Thats an older image. I added a few more commands an hour ago.

The admin control panel program.

AdminCPanel.zip - 133.18 KB
File downloaded or viewed 55 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1. Use Release build not Debug build when compiling your program for distribution. People don't need a half meg executable when a 32k version will run ten times faster.
  2. Learn an indent style and stick to it. Almost any programming text editing program will help you along with tabs and such. Mine is close to BSD/Allman style, except I like spaces after if/while/for/etc before the parentheses.
  3. Readmes should have either no extension or txt for an extension. Don't go making up a .readme extension.
  4. For your main loop, a do-while loop would be better than a while loop. Sure, it doesn't make too much of a difference, but you should get in the happen of when to use a while loop and when a do-while is the correct one.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I didn't use MSVC++.

I like to keep no space after if/while/for statements before parenthesis.

I just saved the notepad file named readme, and added no .readme extension.

What do you mean by the last part of the fourth comment?

**oh and thanks for the info on indent style. I never heard of it before. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm glad you found the CD Tray open/close code. I had a hard time with that one personally. I agree with what Mav said. I hope you will exspand your knowledge of C++ and program for Good. That's for releasing the source. All in all good job.
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

biggrin.gif awesome. I think thats a first.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh I had to add winmm.lib to my commandline to get it to compile the mciSendString to open the cd tray. Just a heads up for anyone who might be working with CD Trays...
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe I should have mentioned that with the source? Should I put a copy of that file in with the source?
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pretty good. I like how you did yours. i might redo mine in C++ but with a better interface.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Assassin2684 wrote:
Pretty good. I like how you did yours. i might redo mine in C++ but with a better interface.

If it's a GUI, good luck. Other wise, I don't see the point.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I could have done a GUI just as easy as I did this, but I wanted to make it look different and feel different.
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ya... I want to make a GUI. Not exactly sure how. Guess I will add it onto my list of things to do. But I could make one like yours Quan.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um. I have a few ebooks that explain how to make GUIs using MSVC++. I also have some tutorials/ebooks on how to use API functions.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quan Chi2 wrote:
Yeah, maybe I should have mentioned that with the source? Should I put a copy of that file in with the source?

I would think most compilers (any good one) would have it. But you could include it if you wanted to.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
  1. For your main loop, a do-while loop would be better than a while loop. Sure, it doesn't make too much of a difference, but you should get in the happen of when to use a while loop and when a do-while is the correct one.

Ignore this tip. Always use a while.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There are some situations when a do-while is preferable.

Code: Show/Hide
      n_parse = strtok(s_parse, ",");
      do
      {
         i = atoi(n_parse);
         if (*c_parse = (UnitLink*)getById(esdata.units, i))
            c_parse++;
         else
            printf("Discarding non-existant unit type %d.\n", i);
      } while (n_parse = strtok(NULL, ","));

This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That makes sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 671 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.476928 seconds : 44 queries executed (92.4%): GZIP compression disabled