Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
New Directory Server Mirror ssdir.playsubspace.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Zone idea. Who wants to help? Post :: Post Machine Wars  View next topic  
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I added SSCT, ill work on getting some other people to join in. Becoming Priitk independant is a must if this game is going to survive.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

just a reminder, make sure your directory entries are upto date, you dont want to loose population if the main server dies, or crashes which has happened in the past.

secondly the server uses my python dir server now icon_smile.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've just realized amazingly this service has been running for over a year and 1 month now.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cheese
Wow Cheese is so helpful!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

its in my ini, and the inis that are on my biller $
thx for the directory.

Quote:

// PriitK's directories aren't compatible
ClusterMode=0

always wondered what that was...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the directory server is back online. I've reverted to using catid's dir server for reliability (mine is a bit flakey)
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Possible Server Downtime
Unfortunately owing to the current way the exchange rates in europe are going, i am having to close the European server, as I can no longer afford to run it. This server was running the directory server. I have moved this to the America server (that hosts the PSS sites).

You shouldn't notice any interruption in service provided the DNS updates go well.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: 2 years old!!! Reply to topic Reply with quote

2 Years and still going strong!

Time has gone so fast, thank you to everyone who has given there support to this project. A reminder please support this service by adding ssdir.playsubspace.com as a directory entry.

This project is run purely as a service to Continuum players, that ensures your zone will be locatable, even if the main directory server crashes.

It also provides a good secondary server for those zones that do not wish to appear on the main directory server.

I'm interested to know how many people have found this service useful.

Powered by my Port of CatId's Directory Server
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=7761
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Unfortunatly namecheaps DNS servers have died which means the playsubspace.com domain is down and hence the directory server is inaccessable. Hopefully this will be fixed within the next 24h..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=5337153
Quote:

At approximately 10.10am EST we started noticing packet loss and latency to all of our DNS servers. These are geo-graphically diverse and located in 3 different states within North America.
Our entire team was alerted to the issue and working closely with our network vendors, we identified a large scale DDoS attack ( up to 113,000 pps ) against our 3 DNS servers.
Obviously this is a very targeted attack by someone hell-bent on taking our DNS services down. This resulted in connectivity issues for all customers who use our DNS system as well as our own website.
At this point in time, the attacks are mostly filter. We expect services to return to normal shortly.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Holy crap, I want a refund!

new_Eyecrazy.gif

LMAO @ that emoticon:
sa_liukang.gif
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The server has been down the last 12 hours while we repair it as it has been hacked via a 0-day exploit on our webmail system. Whilst the server is now clean and running, we are awaiting our provider to restore full network functionality, this may take up to 48 hours.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Server and all the PSS zones have been moved to a UK based server and is now powered by Central

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?p=79994#79994
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Apologies for the recent downtime, the crashing problem should now be solved.
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: 3 years and going strong. Reply to topic Reply with quote

re: http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=23633

I highly recommend ALL zones ADD:

Quote:
ssdir.playsubspace.com

to your list of directory servers.

The main server sscentral.sscuservers.net is currently down.

If your zone is not on ssdir.playsubspace.com, no new players can find it. Its in your own zone interests to do this.

ssdir.playsubspace.com has been the backup directory server for OVER 3 years, since 2006, its highly reliably, and runs a custom directory server that I have developed and won't be going away anytime soon, unlike the many other servers that have come and gone over the years.

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=6430

So if you know anyone running a zone, or have connections with anyone who can get this change made, who has not already added it to their list, pester them, escpially thoses big SSC zones who think they don't have to care about this crap, then start wondering where their population is going icon_smile.gif
Initrd.gz
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll have to check and add it then icon_smile.gif

What happened to the main server anyway?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

updated software to handle clients who don't disconnect properly
There seems to be one that doesn't do this, server built up 350 connections and then crashed, i wonder if this is what took out the main directory server...
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Doc,

http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=23946
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

DOWNTIME since 5.37pm GMT

Server provider has randomly disconnected the server, awaiting response.

I'm not impressed.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Doc Flabby wrote:
I'm not impressed.

Nice moustache flabby
krslynx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Doc, linode.com are now providing UK VPS boxes, I have one in London and it's great (download at 10MBPS+). I've had other VPS servers with them for over a year and a half, and have never had a single hitch. I highly recommend them to anybody who doesn't want to shell out loads for dedicated servers. =)

I pay about 13 quid a month/VPS (I have a few of the lower end ones scattered around (CA, TX, UK).

They don't provide Windows, though.
divine.216

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am another linode fan.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Server is back online. And is updated to Central 1.4 with the latest bug fixes, may take a while for all the zones to come though on it icon_smile.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Flabbers, is the server down? icon_sad.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, my bad!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Poli

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

When downloading from SSCentral.com I have noticed odd results with dead zones showing 10 players, and until today just ignored it and laughed it off that doc fixed his 100 player bug creating a 10 player bug.

But today when downloading, I noticed all the zones he probably manually inputed (seeing it is SSCU hosted zones) show 10 players. I tried downloading from only SSDir and found the same issue, returning 10 players for population.

So just figured I'd give ya a heads up.
L.C.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Poli wrote:
When downloading from SSCentral.com I have noticed odd results with dead zones showing 10 players, and until today just ignored it and laughed it off that doc fixed his 100 player bug creating a 10 player bug.

But today when downloading, I noticed all the zones he probably manually inputed (seeing it is SSCU hosted zones) show 10 players. I tried downloading from only SSDir and found the same issue, returning 10 players for population.

So just figured I'd give ya a heads up.
Hehe, yeah, those are coming from ssdir.playsubspace.com. sa_tongue.gif

Might be wrong, but it seems like doc flabby has been busy with real life and other stuff (assuming this by his recent posting inactivity). Hope he can roll out a fix for Central as soon as he has the appropriate time for it. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

5 years and still going icon_smile.gif

I want to thank everyone for the support they have given to this project...

I'm proud to be running the longest running alternative directory server icon_smile.gif[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 650 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.556088 seconds : 50 queries executed (74.4%): GZIP compression disabled