Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Pirates!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic  Command & Conquer: Base Wars - New... Post :: Post Ssm Koth  View next topic  
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This looks really good, I must find the time to come :(

Do bullets and bombs shoot from the sides of ships?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, you can't shoot out the sides of your ship.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I came and played. It was fun but Gravitron was there :-P he owned me a bit! :?

It made me Spanish :mad:
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

smong, I loved the concept of this. Just an idea..

make the players/ships/chars smaller. Also reduced the move speed majorly.. this would make the world seem much larger. Also if you had 10 people on a freq in the see it would look like an armada if they were all moving slower and would require more skill to fight like armada vs armada .. a bit more realistic than speedy ships flying around launch cannons.. if you get me.

slower gun speeds on the ships to make it more like real cannons, very slow health regen.. as ships shouldnt repair on the fly.. or make them have to doc to repair. etc

also why cant you shoot out the sides? the terrier in trenchwars does.. no way to edit that?

would also be more rpg like.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You show me a terr in TW that shoots bombs out the sides, and ill quit SS and call you god.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh yea good point.. i dont play trench that much icon_sad.gif
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
also why cant you shoot out the sides? the terrier in trenchwars does.. no way to edit that?

Quote:
oh yea good point.. i dont play trench that much icon_sad.gif

im lost...explain plz Kthx
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This zone is really amaizing, i was very impressed. Smong, how do I check my gold?
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Spyed wrote:
how do I check my gold?

news.txt wrote:
Q: What's the command to see how much gold I have?
A: There is no command, your points and gold are the same thing.

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey mav, You said you quit SS and only view SS websites? Yet, you would have to go in-game to see this :p

And as we all know I'm hardly someone to keep my work about leaving either.
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ASSS could be modified to make ships shoot bombs sideways, problem is, design-wise, since the game client doesn't support a mouse (or otherwise) controlled turret, there is no way to allow the player to choose from which side to fire.
As such, the fire must take place simultaneously from both sides...not really a good practical gameplay.

My best, closest solution would be to append guns and by using the multifire angle variable to create very short distance slugs coming out from both ways and have them set on a (s)low RoF.

I don't know about smaller ships, but in an effort to make this closer to the original/proper/SVS, I'm definitely in favor of slowing the ships down somewhat.

When the zone grow large enough in population to allow larger map and more than a single person per freq, it could create potentialy some really awesome 10 players vs 10 players armada battles or the such.

"I could run a ss server on my car stereo!" -Xalimar
"Liberta tuit ma ex infernis" -Event Horizon
"I know too much about nothing." - Mine GO BOOM
"Hmm anyway, back to my kingdom hearts." - Chambahs
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ASSS could modify the packet to change the location of the bomb when fired; but it's my understanding the local client would be drawing the bomb just fired incorrectly, but would be corrected to the other players. Basically, the client doesn't draw it's own packets (except maybe bricks, and ship when mirror is on)?
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There are ways, but it's easier to use bullets than bombs, because then you just fire out both sides. You can alter the multifire so that the central bullet stays in place and leaves a "bullet mine".

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I have 1000 points now so I'm 5000 off a galleon. SMong, someone was in the zone yesterday and bought the ship costing 4000 pts by accident and wanted their pts back and were quite cross, they wanted a galleon just so you know.

Oh yeah, and I'm no longer a Pirate, I fight for the English and protect the English merchants, yarrrr :P

This zone is alot of fun btw :D
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I can't play here anymore. Death+ decided to ban me from this zone and 4 others on SSCI for no reason.
Moondance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wanted to play this zone, but it moved to SSC, so i got banned :\
Moondance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool zone, similar to Sid Meier's Pirates icon_smile.gif
But u need more people. And fix that spawns - merchants bots sometimes will spawn inside land, and they cant get out xD

gj again.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://pirates.ggson.com/forums/

Become a part of the community! icon_smile.gif
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice forum software.

Who owns the ggson domain?
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SpecShip wrote:
Who owns the ggson domain?

Mark McKenzie
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Long story short...Pests.
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pests?
Care to elaborate?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pests
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ex-Sysop of RS, a Subspace player...Just because you dont know him doesnt mean hes not supposed to be known, idiot. You say it like i said "ethejtkhnaekjtnhekjnth owns it"

"Pests? I dont know him, he must not be anyone"
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pests sounded generic and obscure to me.
It could've meant a player, real pests problem with some weird story to it...hell if I know, and yes, I don't know who he is and never heard of him.
Regardless, I wanted further explanation and I asked for it, and I got it.
There was no ill will intended, I've said nothing bad about him.
So get off your high horse cham, and take some pills for these inferiority complex feelings-induced lashouts of yours.

I was under the impression that PMS is supposed to be females-only?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 629 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.516399 seconds : 50 queries executed (91.4%): GZIP compression disabled