Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Pirates!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic  Command & Conquer: Base Wars - New... Post :: Post Ssm Koth  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a tool in the scripts dir that will convert a colored bitmap into regions. I forget the name now, but I bugged grel until he made it.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I just remembered it's the turning circle that is the problem. After x seconds the bots choose a new destination, performing a straight line collision detection towards the new destination. If it's clear it will start turning towards the destination while thrusting at the same time.

Everyone is having trouble killing the merchants with the "bronze cannon"/L2 bomb upgrade. Any ideas how to keep some sort of bomb upgrade and fix this problem?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It must be a problem with the drone's damage detection system, so I think anyone to answer your question would have to look at that.

You're using the proper radius formula to calculate bomb damage, right?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah I think so "damage = dist * - (i32)maxdamage / radius + maxdamage;", I got that off shanky.com/server faq somewhere. Any ideas how to bypass/sidestep the problem somehow? I don't want to code perfect ship movement as well as perfect weapon movement :/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just visited the Pirates! zone for the first time and it was great to see ss working this way.
Great work, smong. I already had fun with the few players and the short time I was there.

It only needs some bug fixing and a bit of finishing here and there but then it would be even better then most zones (in its own way ofcourse). biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work! icon_smile.gif

Btw, ask Bjorn (contact him somehow) about such specific AI questions, he already figured most of it out with his AI bot.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And you're properly adjusting the radius for bomb levels? Does it do prox detection?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah it does prox, and the enlarging radius for both splash damage and prox.

The only think I can think of is the player positions are taken from the packets, as in they are not being updated every tick. Still I can't see this having much of an effect since most people's aim isn't perfect and you have the BombExplodeDelay from the prox to help make the bomb explode closer to the target.
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ohh, this looks good.

Before I come and look please can I know the nationalities.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I believe nationalities are listed on the news.txt.

Dutch, french, english, spanish, and i think thats it...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chambahs wrote:
I believe nationalities are listed on the news.txt.

Ah, I was wondering about that aswell icon_smile.gif

Yea, I opened the news.txt, it's in the FAQ:
Quote:
Q: Which ship is Spanish?
A: Ships flying a yellow flag are Spanish. French are blue, Dutch use striped flags and English have a red cross.

No worries though, Smong told me he would make a cheatsheet biggrin.gif. I guess that would be a ingame picture that always shows.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah the cheat sheet is at H9, but I'll attach it here:

Oh and incase anyone is wondering ship saving is in and the merchants now die more easily with bronze cannons.

cheatsheet.png - 10.82 KB
File downloaded or viewed 23 time(s)
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OMFG this is so cool.
How come I only now saw this?
*rush to check zone out*
(here's hoping the sets won't suck like a super-newb-zone)

"I could run a ss server on my car stereo!" -Xalimar
"Liberta tuit ma ex infernis" -Event Horizon
"I know too much about nothing." - Mine GO BOOM
"Hmm anyway, back to my kingdom hearts." - Chambahs
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the settings are really nice and even. its smongs zone what would you expect tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
SpecShip
Complete twat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome zone.
Just need to keep it a bit more balanced versus the RPG aspects (either that or chambahs abuses FCs tongue.gif) and it's mint.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Death+ and Gameplay have given me a slot on SSCI so I moved the zone there. The points and stuff should still be saved. Also the stats moved to:
http://pirates.sszones.com/
Yoink
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's just SSI-A, apparently. It's not SSC.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, there's still no billing.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congrats Smong icon_smile.gif
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice job Smong! icon_biggrin.gif
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I want to come play this soon when I have time :D
Killerbot NL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

very nice icon_smile.gif
It made me dutch ^_^
Spyed
Registered Spam Offender

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Killerbot NL wrote:
very nice :)
It made me dutch ^_^

Ah, how convenient considering you are from NL!

I hope if I go it makes me English :twisted:
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Where the hell is America? icon_mad.gif
Yoink
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Purge+ wrote:
Where the hell is America? icon_mad.gif

One might think that this is pre-colonization.
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or, better yet, pre-Americanization of the Caribbean. The way it is now looks like colonial times.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 672 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.497778 seconds : 52 queries executed (91.4%): GZIP compression disabled