Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Pirates!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic  Command & Conquer: Base Wars - New... Post :: Post Ssm Koth  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Pirates! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Pirates! is currently up on PSS Pirates!.
Stats are at http://toktok.sscentral.com/pirates/stats.php

Essentially you want to get a good ship and amass a vast fortune in wealth. You can do this by finding treasure, pleasing the governors and attacking other ships. Should you be totally clueless how to go about this, the F1 file explains in more detail.

Screenshot:

Old stuff:
Quote:
I put my Pirates! zone on the UT slot, I don't know how long it will stay there.
Stats are available here http://toktok.sscentral.com/daws/

IP: 66.111.249.180
Port: 7205

Quote:
now on SSCI, stats moved to http://pirates.sszones.com/
IP: 65.111.166.54
Port: 7501

screenshot

pirates.png - 35.94 KB
File downloaded or viewed 51 time(s)

Last edited by Smong on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cool
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It looks really nice, that is a lot of hard work that you have done. Keep up the work!
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's really cool except it made me French icon_sad.gif

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Protoman
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Holy crap im gonna play that when I get home! <3
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nobody to play with. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Yoink
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

really cool - i love it.

are the quests (tasks that the gov. assigns) chosen randomly?

suggestions:
-tax occurs way too often. it seemed like it was a % of your points, which is fine, but i think the % is too high
-after you leave - you lose everything! i spent an hour or so saving up for a frigate (i had lost quite a bit of money due to taxes, and trying out cannons / bought powder grain (does that do anything?)), and i wanted to see if it stayed. so i left and came back - to my sloop! no fair.
-i didn't know that i started off in a sloop. why offer the sloop to buy if you already have it?
-towns of other nations shouldn't let you in, or at least only in the tavern, where you risk "You've been mugged! The bartavender and his thugs stole XXX (50%) of your gold!"
-the bots are a bit buggy, how about, instead of telling them to go through walls, having them do a 180 and then execute whatever flight algorithm?
-thrust sa_tongue.gif - would just white lines do ? so when you're on water it looks like wake, but when you're on land it isn't horrible.
-exploding ships? There isn't a source of combustion on these (aside from the cannons)
-cannons should use cannon graphics

i'm sure i could give 10000 other issues too but i'll stop here icon_smile.gif[/b]
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1) Last time i tested with smong, i think he put player persistants, if they arent in here, that can be done easily.

2) The fake players (not bots) are the first of their kind, smong spent a good time and hard effort on them, how about you make some, then you can share on how you made them not go through walls.

3) Removing the thrust gfx altogether would be better than any gfx.

4) Exploding gfx would look funny when you are walking on land as a person.

5) Make cannon gfx and donate.

Purge, you can play with the fake players.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It is extremely hard to kill the "Fake Bots", however.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not really. I killed the merchants a couple times then got bored. icon_sad.gif
Yoink
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I took Chambahs' advice and made a bomb graphic -

pirates-bombs.zip - 31.25 KB
File downloaded or viewed 49 time(s)
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not bad, now how about some bomb trails?

I will add saving country, ship and upgrades to the top of my todo list. Taxes, I'll see what I can do about that, if I can think up more assignments then taxation will occur less often.

I am aware the bots can go inside the islands and get stuck there. So far I haven't thought of a good way to prevent this while keeping server load down.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lol, the zone is funny. It's definately the merchants and the ship saving that I'd like to see fixed, and a slightly bigger map. And when killing a ship, shouldn't you gain more or the same amount as picking up gold? And gold sound effect would be nice.

Another thing, mind explaining the country men thingy? Am I not suppose to kill others with the same flag or what?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Fix the merchants? As in making them easier to kill?

There will generally be more ships than treasure so I made kill points lower. Plus if a human has upgrades, a large crew and maybe on a kill spree, then they will have a large bounty.

The countries were originally put in so you could achieve pirate status by killing someone on the same country as yourself. When you are a pirate the game is slightly harder, for example more tax. It turned out the countries were also useful in the tasks the governor can give you. Currently there is no advantage to being a pirate other than you don't have to take care who you shoot at.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to see a bigger map, and more things to do, but especially the saving of the ships..Also some more people tongue.gif
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yea a bigger map would make the game awesome.

while i was playing earlier i came across this

i know you cant see it that well.. but its the merchant ship on an island..
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Protoman
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing the merchants shoot back icon_smile.gif

Also would be willing to help with island gfx is you would like some.
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

haha merchant ships arent supposed to shoot back.. if you had "fake players" as pirates and then a merchant ship or 2 maybe have a person get an upgrade for killing a merchant ship and a lot of gold for killing a pirate ship.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't want to promise anything because I made all this several months ago. But I am taking note of all the ideas just incase I get into a zone making mood.
Hakaku
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
Fix the merchants? As in making them easier to kill?

Lol, I should have made that more clear. I already know it'll take a lot of time before it's possible, but the fact that they end up on islands and lag terribly when they go near the smaller ones is a bit annoying. Also, how do they not go to the edge of the map? If you can define that, then would it not be possible to define other things (e.g. islands)?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong, couldn't you have asss generate some sort of bitmap based on the lvl where bots aren't supposed to go? Like, when it first loads, have them "detect" the islands and then add a bit of padding to it, so they'll stay away.

It might be a little tough, but it shouldn't cost too much during gameplay.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just padding their current pathfinding a little more might work as well. Also, what's with the price fluctuations for shipwright equipment? I check the price and it's 280, then when I have enough I come back and it's risen to 345 icon_sad.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The problem with the merchants/islands is the diagonal tiles. A handmade bitmap should work well, but means I'll have to write code to read it in. I think making the diagonals double thickness might help, I'll try it later.

The upgrades cost a random amount, so just keep trying.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

instead of a handmade bitmap use asss regions
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would if there was a decent editor, can't you add a "region tile" to clit? It would be fiddly to do irregular shapes with a rectangle tool.

I have now added ship and country saving. So if you buy a ship it should get saved if you quit and re-enter. I'm not going to add upgrade saving since they are a lot cheaper than a new ship. If anyone sees any bugs let me know.

Also I noticed upgrades generally cost 100 more if you're a pirate tongue.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 646 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.448566 seconds : 52 queries executed (89.4%): GZIP compression disabled