Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
AI bot (possibly new version)

View previous topic  AI Bot? Post :: Post Plugin won't load for other people (Me...  View next topic  
Bjorn
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: AI bot (possibly new version) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey,

Ive been away for quite awhile and while I was gone I've recieved ALOT of feedback concerning problems and new features of the AI bot.

I was thinking I would make a thread where people could suggest new features or improvements and report problems. Now that I have abit more time I hope to be able to release a new version.

And while im at it, if you report a problem you have to go into great detail if you want any chance of getting the problem resolved. The bot is basically a miniclient of cont so its very experimental and bound to have problems with certain settings and other things.

/Bjorn (maker of the aibotty)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't really play much Cotninuum anymore, or make bots, but I did notice that after a while the bot would not take damage from bombs, only bullets. It shows on the console that it was hit but shows 0 damage. Another cool feature would be to make burst damage the bot. That's all I can really think of. Good job with the bot though, it's really nice. Thanks for taking the time to code a bot like that. Not many people want to take the time to code a bot and do all the physics. :-D
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bjorn
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The problem with the bomb damage is acctually kinda known. i thought i had solved that problem, guess not icon_smile.gif
I'll have a look at that again.

About the burst damage it should be fairly easy to add but the bouncing of projectiles isn't 100% accurate (Just couldnt replicate the physhics code well enough). especially not over a couple bounces so I never bothered.
I guess some kind of implementation is better then none though.
Kitsune.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: :p Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bjorn, could you please release your missile AS3 plugin? I saw it in your old dev zone once, and I loved it. >_<
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AS3 Plugin? isnt that like an oxymoron?

One thing that would be cool is if you could make the bot put into AS3 so all the new zone owners are more likely to go that route instead of the 10 year old subgame. I personally have not used your bot since I have had no need to, but from what I've heard I'd like to say great job well done!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can kill the bot through walls.
Bjorn
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess wrote:
You can kill the bot through walls.

If set up correctly you cant.
EliteAssassin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Could I get the a version of this because the only ones I could find had broken links..
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It should be downloadable at:
http://www.dsbleague.com/aibot.html

(Original) topic:
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=5376
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
EliteAssassin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I Looked there but for some reason the site says server cannot be found...do you think you could send it to me? VizKid560@Gmail.com
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Gondola

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, dsbleague.com doesn't work for me either.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't have the original package, but here is what I packaged for someone else. It contains AIMervbot 1.02 and everything is set to default, so its equal to what you would download from Bjorn's page.

dsbleague.com/aibot.html Google cache:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.dsbleague.com/aibot.html

AIMervbot 1.02 package

AIMervbot1.02.zip - 578.43 KB
File downloaded or viewed 92 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
cypherus
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Having probs with this. Bots keep speccing themselves.

Edit: Ok now they enter the arena, but you cant see them and it's as if they dont even exist.

Edit: It's probably conflicting with my pub bot and one of it's many plugins. I tested it without and works fine. It would be great if you could make it more compatable with other bots in a future version though, like make it immune to other bot functions so that it can operate normally without interferance.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

*BIG BUMP*

http://aibot.ss-network.net/

A lot of people keep asking for that link... Maverick also attached it in this thread
I added AI bot to the Quick Links topic as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 411 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.576663 seconds : 41 queries executed (76.9%): GZIP compression disabled