Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Free Animate Dreams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic  Amd Cpu Id? Post :: Post My oppinion of this forum.  View next topic  
Light Hazard
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chambahs wrote:
LH, catid has already told me how your other plugin has crashed zones and how of a sloppy programmer you are. I dont have anything against you, I dont want to fight, and I really dont want to start any bullshit between us, but what is done is done and you cant hate me for that. Also, your sig doesnt help much to defend your case...the super hacker part.

Chambahs, good buddy.
Yes my plugin crashed PB zone once, but that was a full mistake because I forgot the stupid parse->next inside the while (parse){} . Yes I'm a sloppy programmer, because I AM NEW TO MERVE. My sig means nothing, it doesn't support anything nor does it prove anything.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gravitron, youve sparked my curiosity. Please cite examples of my abuse/corruption. Real examples.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:59 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So you got a newbie programmer who wouldn't even give the source? Not smart, TJ. icon_confused.gif One more reason to switch to asss: since there's not so much example code, you don't have newbs making crappy plugins.

But thanks for clearing that up.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:20 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SpecShip wrote:
Shut up already and stop spamming my forums.

What?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:23 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yep, he pee'd on the forums, sorry mgb.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:39 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
So you got a newbie programmer who wouldn't even give the source? Not smart, TJ. icon_confused.gif One more reason to switch to asss: since there's not so much example code, you don't have newbs making crappy plugins.

But thanks for clearing that up.

hey hey my plugin worked after i fixed that error.. icon_sad.gif
they're using a stable version of the CTF plugin i did for them, with the help of Catid and Invader-Zim
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:56 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There's still a problem with it. Namely that it sends an arena message twice when someone makes a goal. Still, you didn't let them have the source, that's bad.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gus. wrote:
What a facinating religion! You believe God is a dog. Good for you.

Egyptian god, Set?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]

What?

Meh, remember Grav said his I.Q is more than all of ours put together? Well, he is basically saying that he owns the forums since he is more intelligent than us.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ThunderJam wrote:
2) Ani and Nitrate were originally silenced for Staff Harassment. Then they brought in a multitude of playres (including some who had never even been to the zone b4) to start spamming "UNSILENCE ANI!" Thats where the ban came in, and the silencing of other people.

Ok, first of all they didn't bring people in. I came in to protest of my own free will and it was only after they had been banned. UNSILENCE ANI was never said because he was banned and not silenced. I said things along the lines of "FREE ANIMATE DREAMS", "FREE NITRATE", "WE DEMAND JUSTICE", "THEY HAVE COMMITTED NO CRIME", "THE OPPRESSORS DO NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW THE TRUTH", etc. Then I was silenced for 20 minutes. I was talking about it with some other people on one of my chats and they decided again, of their own accord to come and say similar things. I sat out the silencing and started again only to be silenced for around 190 years. Then Chambahs ICQ's me.

Chamby> D1, can you honestly tell me that wasnt you
Me> was not
Me> Why the hell would I do that?
Chamby> how do you know what im talking about
Me> because im in the damn zone
Me> you silenced me remember

I've been told the logs were checked and nothing came up, so why don't you just FREE ANIMATE DREAMS.

ThunderJam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:24 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Because i was not there myself, some things in my account may not be perfect.

- perm silences are going to be removed
- your own free will... you wouldn't have known to come unless he was telling all of you
- LH being responsible for bots is not 100%, but it seems most likely considering the circumstances
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
- your own free will... you wouldn't have known to come unless he was telling all of you

Sure, he told me what happened but I came up with the idea and then made the choice to come in and protest. Thanks for the silence lift, btw.
Light Hazard
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:37 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
There's still a problem with it. Namely that it sends an arena message twice when someone makes a goal. Still, you didn't let them have the source, that's bad.

Yea, well I thought about it, and I gave them the source...and I plan on updating the bot more, so I guess I have to have their trust, no? No one seems to care about that problem, but I'll fix that with the next update as well.
Actually, now that I look at it, there is no double arena message:
Code: Show/Hide
Light Hazard captured the flag. Score:  Team 0:(2)  Team 1:(0)
[/code]
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ThunderJam wrote:
2) Ani and Nitrate were originally silenced for Staff Harassment. Then they brought in a multitude of playres (including some who had never even been to the zone b4) to start spamming "UNSILENCE ANI!" Thats where the ban came in, and the silencing of other people.

Ok, first of all they didn't bring people in. I came in to protest of my own free will and it was only after they had been banned. UNSILENCE ANI was never said because he was banned and not silenced. I said things along the lines of "FREE ANIMATE DREAMS", "FREE NITRATE", "WE DEMAND JUSTICE", "THEY HAVE COMMITTED NO CRIME", "THE OPPRESSORS DO NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW THE TRUTH", etc. Then I was silenced for 20 minutes. I was talking about it with some other people on one of my chats and they decided again, of their own accord to come and say similar things. I sat out the silencing and started again only to be silenced for around 190 years. Then Chambahs ICQ's me.

TJ, you have the logs. So, you know exactly when the silences and bans came in. So, when you said we weren't banned until D1 came in, it was a blatant lie.

Some of you are saying there was a backdoor in LH's plugin? Then you're saying I set it off? I was already banned.... As far as I know, you can't give commands to bots across zones, I was banned through BanG so even if I had the sysop password I couldn't re-enter the zone. Are you saying LH set it off? He didn't even show up until afterwards, he was at school. Who the heck set it off? Besides, everyone that went in on my behalf (not my request) was also silenced, so even if I could teach someone to hack in 5 minutes, they couldn't pull it off either. Everyone associated with me was incapable of doing any kind of hacking to the bot.

Yes, TJ, I trash talked you and your sysops. And I doubt anyone can really blame me, you look at your logs again, and you'll see my roommate and I were never silenced, we were outright banned because we had a lot of creds. Both incidents, with me .ctaking Cham's illicit creds and fighting against Beefie for the creds he stole from my roommate, was just me setting things right, and I have logs to prove it. There is no justification for this. You wondered why LH and I fought so hard stop you from hiring Cham. We both told you something major would happen. PB's staff is now talked about just like DS's and Halo's abusive staff. And you can't even say you weren't warned.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:09 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And tell me what exactly I did ani. Did I ban you? Did I take you and Nitrate's creds away? Sure, I perm silenced D1, but that was just at the moment to shut him up while i dealt with other things. So tell me exactly what I did that was "wrong" or "abusive". And by the way, the silenced I gave out, I did because beefie told me to. Enlighten me and tell me exactly how I did anyone wrong, abused my power, and all of that good jazz.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:31 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would suggest to whomever owns this zone that they fire Chambahs, and ask MGB to destroy this topic. This is what one calls a zone PR nightmare.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

PR is meaningless when your zone is run by 14-16 year olds.
Though, I do agree with you. Chambahs should be fired. Not for anything in this thread, mind you, but for being a bumbling idiot who takes credit for other peoples work (Hi Smong!).

Also, I just noticed this:
Light Hazard, why do you feel the need to put an extra E at the end of 'MERV'? My computer appreciates you spelling words without extra letters, since each one uses 2/3 of my bandwidth to transfer.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Erm....
If PB's staff doesn't abuse... why are mods having to make comments like this?

angel+> dont slot too much, you might get banned

Well, there you go.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Light Hazard
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:17 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cerium wrote:
Also, I just noticed this:
Light Hazard, why do you feel the need to put an extra E at the end of 'MERV'? My computer appreciates you spelling words without extra letters, since each one uses 2/3 of my bandwidth to transfer.

haha Cerium, sorry, I got used to saying Merve ... but from now on, JUST FOR YOU, i'll spell it right

Last edited by Light Hazard on Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:55 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FIRE CHAMBAHS AND BRING DOWN THE HOUSE!
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This topic is a constant source of roffle for me.
ThunderJam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

<--- PB Reloaded Owner

ANI: no, the silence/ban was not a blatant lie. I posted this right after i heard the ENTIRE thing at once - ez to lose track of wat happened where. Either way, ppl SPAMMING for u would be silenced, so i don't see how it makes a difference

CREDS: The matter of creds between chambahs and ani happened like this...

Ani offered to donate creds to ppl for joining his squad. The player agreed, then turned around and donated them the chambahs. Totally fair? right? so then ani starts protesting and trying to ctake them from Cham. Of course a .cgive .ctake fight ensues. Immature of both of them, but i believe ani was the one who was wrong.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ThunderJam wrote:
<--- PB Reloaded Owner

Then you're the one that needs to take action here. Being a zone owner is like being a starship captain. Two of your crew just beamed on board a klingon ship and shot the chancellor. Guess who gets blamed for it? You guessed it, not ani and chambahs... you and your zone. So, before you get shipped off for your life sentence in the dilithium mines, take care of this situation, fire chambahs and remove this thread (if that's even possible at this point).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:11 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I now know more about star trek than I ever wanted to (that is a trek reference, right?).
Gus.
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:14 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it is. Episode 43 to be exact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 631 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.797998 seconds : 50 queries executed (73.0%): GZIP compression disabled