Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Need Urgent Help Regarding Windows Task Manager

View previous topic  Continuum Ideas -This is Not Trash ( T... Post :: Post First one to beat Spyed's Trash Postin...  View next topic  
Dark Clouds+
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:21 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Need Urgent Help Regarding Windows Task Manager Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm currently running Windows ME on my computer, and i'm having a difficult time locating where i can remove some running programs which start up immediately when your computer is on. I think i have some files that are logging up my memory, causing my computer to experience lag when playing subspace. Can anyone tell me where i can locate the "Windows Task Manager" on WinME?

For those of you who have WinXP, pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del enables you to locate all your running programs, and you can also have the choices of whether that program will be running next time [ Look under "Priorities" -> have choices of setting the programs as High, Medium, Low ], but WinME unfortunately does not have that option using Ctrl + Alt + Del.

Can anyone tell me where i can locate the "Windows Task Manager" on WinME?

SSCC Halo CTF Forums
http://s4.invisionfree.com/Halo_CTF/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:42 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is no such thing. Which is why you need to upgrade to 2000, to XP, to something! Well, IIRC there's some program called "TASKMGR.exe" but I don't think it does much. It definitely won't tell you how much memory each program is using.

Run "msconfig," go to startup tab, and uncheck all the stuff that isn't necessary. Most isn't unless you're on a laptop, then there are a bunch of hot swappish programs running, but they shouldn't be too bad.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:42 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well... Why not go to Msconfig for startup programs then?

Post a HijackThis log. You can get it here. http://www.soft32.com/download_19015.html

I'll analyze it and tell you what to do.

In the mean time. Pocket Killbox is a useful tool to delete files and end processes with. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Pocket-Killbox.shtml
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Clouds+
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:14 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nah no need Quan, i got it working. I recalled doing the same thing way back the days, but i just forgot the name of the command. Thanks a lot guys! I owe you one.
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

K, cya. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 663 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.673442 seconds : 31 queries executed (86.9%): GZIP compression disabled