Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Finally Continuum In Linux!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic  higgs boson Post :: Post any non ssc zones still there?  View next topic  
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:01 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you patch wine, compile it, and install it over the binaries you already had built?
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:42 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What distro/kernel/video drivers, etc?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i88gerbils wrote:
Did you patch wine, compile it, and install it over the binaries you already had built?

Yes, yes, and I had no previous copy of wine.

phong wrote:
What distro/kernel/video drivers, etc?

Arch, kernel 2.6.15, with nVidia driver 1.0-8178 on xorg 1.0.1. Used the latest stable Wine - 0.9.9. Though I couldn't get it to work in Debian Etch either when I tried.

Most of you seem to have ATI cards. Maybe, for the first time ever, ATI cards actually work better than nvidia ones.... Though I'd tend to doubt it's the chip, since it doesn't even open the little window where continuum creates the settings files and all that.
zi|ch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:00 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

-Smong- wrote:
How much space do you need to compile wine? I've only got 800mb free and it runs out while compiling. Is it possible to make a file system on ram and compile on that too?
I have 6gb partition for suse, wonder if that's enought? Come to think of it, I have my other hd formatted in fat 32, and it has plenty of space, that should do?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
zi|ch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:16 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok... so I got SUSE intalled, didn't install wine there, got the CVS as told etc. now when I run cont it gives me
Code: Show/Hide
err:imagelist:ImageList_ReplaceIcon no color!
Application tries to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

Any ideas where I screwed up?
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:40 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did you compile wine with ./tools/wineinstall ?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
zi|ch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:45 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i88gerbils wrote:
Did you compile wine with ./tools/wineinstall ?
ya
zi|ch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok so i redid everything, dl'd the cvs, made the changes, did the "./configure && make depend && make" and "make install", no errors or anyhing, and still it gives me
zilch@dhcppc0:~/wine/wine> winecfg

Any ideas? (as said before, I'm quite a newb with linux..)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:40 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try the winehq IRC channel.
zi|ch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So I got it working!

After applying the patch I first i tried with:

./configure
make depend && make
make install

But when I ran winecfg it just gave me errors. Then after a "make uninstall" I tried

./tools/wineinstall

and it wanted me to get XFree86 dev packages or something like that, so I installed "XFree86-devel-32bit-9.1-200404070910.i586.rpm" (from SUSE ftp), ran the command again, and succes! Changed the drive cerial and run cont.

However my fps stays at a steady 25-27, except when im at safty (DSB, heavy graphics) it goes under 20. Allso the sound only works in the main screen. How's this?

P.S. someone could drop a line or two aboute the two install ways and the XFree package.
zi|ch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:33 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Made a little howto for a little more noob ppl.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/zilch/wine/continuum_on_linux.html
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um, please make the lines wrap on that webpage.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
zi|ch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:21 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow ew.. Fixed.. I pasted the text to the OpenOffice editor, and it put the text in pre..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That would be suse specific maybe?
zi|ch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:42 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Apart from wget which im not sure of, those should work on any linux distro.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

^^

I did notice that the littlest things in your graphics conf can improve/kill the FPS, I never never remember what I changed though so :/ As newer versions of wine come out, hopefully its usage with dx will improve.
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:00 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anyone else with fps issues?
zi|ch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:04 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I only get 26, when on windows I get 61..
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:50 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Same res/depth/cont options?
zi|ch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:26 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ya, I'm running SUSE 10.0 on 2.4ghz P4, 512mb, GeForce MX420 64bm. I'v gone trought all the settings in wine and cont, and tried most possible value combinations - no difference. Gotta chech what drivers I have installed, but then I'm out of ideas.

Btw, when I run cont but the window is not visible (minimized) CPU usage is 60-70%, but when the window is visible it goes straight to 100%. So I guess it's aboute graphics.
Nameeater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:47 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So, I have wine-0.9.10 source, I applied the patch sucessfully, got the X -dev files and proceeded to ./configure && make depend && make . Which worked quite happily, I then ran make install as root and again, all went well. I edit my winecfg to set the HDD serial and then try to run continuum,

dean@subspace:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Continuum$ wine Continuum.exe
dean@subspace:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Continuum$

and... nothing, not a single error printed, nothing.

What am I doing wrong? icon_neutral.gif

Ubuntu breezy btw.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:26 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try with an older source maybe? I havn't tesed with anything but 0.9.3, some other people may have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:25 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

excuse me for not knowing what i am doing
but when i try to apply the patch i get this error:

patching file dlls/kernel/process.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2464.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/kernel/process.c.rej

icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

hunk bastard!

whats the deal
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:15 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It means your process.c is significantly different to the one used to make the patch file.

You can open dlls/kernel/process.c with a text editor and patch it by hand. In the patch file the lines beginning with + need to be added, - removed, any other line helps you locate the area in the file.

Wine 0.9.11 was released recently, I don't know if that has the fix already in it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yea what he said icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 631 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.814743 seconds : 50 queries executed (75.5%): GZIP compression disabled