Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Finally Continuum In Linux!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic  higgs boson Post :: Post any non ssc zones still there?  View next topic  
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:46 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FYI: I have not tested the wine patch with any newer version other than the one I listed. Since it is frowned upon when I connect to SSC (I am perm banned for some reason), I kinda got bored getting banned every time I evaded to watch a premier league match. Smong is probably the best person to continue this, also Bak- from HZ.

gl
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:18 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It works in .9.12. Just the line numbers are off.

The idea is not to evade a ban, but to contest it. Since you decided to go the first route, then you'll have to live with being ban-on-sight. If anyone learns anything from this it's that usinge wine to evade a ban is not what you want to do. Instead try to figure out why you're banned, and what you can do to get unbanned legitimately (and figure out if it is a netban or a localban). That and to be vocal.
yoink/praettor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:25 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just to make things simple, there are lots of source tarballs (gzips and bzip2s) at

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emulators/wine/

Downloading as we speak, let's see how it goes (Ubuntu bb)
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's a netban and I did contest it many times icon_smile.gif Anyways i88 is also a good person to ask questions if you have them.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:54 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What was the response?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
yoinkwine

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:43 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

anthony@beast:~/wine$ cat cont.diff | patch -p1
(Patch is indented 4 spaces.)
patching file dlls/kernel/process.c
patch: **** malformed patch at line 6: OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES attr;

on .9.12
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i88:
phong is netbanned for being a bipolar ass and abusing the powers and passwords he was given. His local ban was later upgraded to a netban because he couldnt keep his dumbass out of the zone he was banned from (SSCX Chaos/Premier) -- and as hes admited, he refuses to stop jumping his ban, so itll never be lifted.

Hooray for douche baggary.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try this, i made this patch for .9.12:

Code: Show/Hide

--- process.c   2006-04-13 07:17:09.000000000 -0400
+++ process.c.new       2006-04-22 14:50:36.000000000 -0400
@@ -2325,6 +2325,7 @@
     OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES   attr;
     CLIENT_ID           cid;

+if( access & PROCESS_VM_WRITE) return NULL; // Continuum hack
     cid.UniqueProcess = (HANDLE)id;
     cid.UniqueThread = 0; /* FIXME ? */
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:30 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Last time I checked, netbanning for a bypass wasn't acceptable.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yoinkcriesforss

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

anthony@beast:~$ cd /home/anthony/wine-0.9.12/
anthony@beast:~/wine-0.9.12$ cat cont.diff | patch -p1
missing header for unified diff at line 3 of patch
can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|-- process.c 2006-04-13 07:17:09.000000000 -0400
|+++ process.c.new 2006-04-22 14:50:36.000000000 -0400
File to patch:

Sorry, I really feel stupid when I do this stuff.
Yoinkcan'treg.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tried to reg, wants me to dl the php file? er.. (i'm in firefox / ubuntu)

anthony@beast:~/wine-0.9.12$ cat cont.diff | patch -p1
missing header for unified diff at line 3 of patch
can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|--- process.c 2006-04-13 07:17:09.000000000 -0400
|+++ process.c.new 2006-04-22 14:50:36.000000000 -0400
File to patch: dlls/kernel/process.c
patching file dlls/kernel/process.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2325 with fuzz 2.
anthony@beast:~/wine-0.9.12$

so that's a successful patch?
Yoink
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

(I had someone register for me, since whenever I click on Register, I'm prompted to download the php file...)

Sorry for triple posting, but I just thought I'd point out that some errors I had were with GCC, and can be fixed with..

sudo apt-get install make

sudo apt-get install libc6-dev g++ gcc

And then using Synaptic, get the flex and bison packages.

I'm running Ubuntu (Breezy Badger).[/code]
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:37 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Last time I checked, netbanning for a bypass wasn't acceptable.

^5
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Once you have successfully patched you still need to recompile then install..
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

just wanted to confirm i have got this working.

Using gentoo linux. I used ebuild to download the sources and wait before compiling them so i could apply the patch then build so it installs like a normal package icon_smile.gif

been playing in tw. Only problem is my linux knowlege is poor and some of my keys on my laptop arnt detected so i have gone back to windows.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:14 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_sad.gif
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:16 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you have modified and tested a patch with a wine version other then the initial version specified in the earlier posts, please email me the patch and the version/versions of wine it works with so I may update the initial post/wiki.

jaredo@ameritech.net

Thanks
oliver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:02 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is there a general problem with Continuum + Wine + NVidia drivers? I seem to have the same problem as several others already reported: When running "wine Continuum.exe", it just exits after a few seconds, without showing any window or output...

When using the X.org nv driver, it works, and I can actually play Continuum, only it's quite slow (probably because the X.org driver has only little hardware accelaration)... So I wonder if there's a way to get it working with the NVidia driver? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

id just play with your config and try different options.. i had to with my ati drivers.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:29 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This reminds me, can you also play Continuum in MacOSX? I'd think someone could patch DarWine and then just distribute their file, since you don't have 1000 distros of MacOSX... I don't use Mac, but my friend does, and he'd like to play, so I thought I'd ask.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:29 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Animate Dreams wrote:
This reminds me, can you also play Continuum in MacOSX?

Wine is being worked on to work on the Intel Macs. But even then, if you are going to be playing with Wine on a Mac, you should know a bit about computers, and might as well install Windows so you can play other games. Hell, I've heard World of Warcraft runs almost twice as fast in Windows on a Macbook Pro than it does on OS X, so don't except the drivers on OS X to be all that great.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah... my friend is a WoW player. He considers himself a gamer, but has never owned anything but a Mac in his life... he's always asking me, "Why does WoW have such low framerate?" I try to explain to him that Macs suck, and he thinks I'm just Mac-bashing... then I have these benchmarks, of Photoshop running on an Intel Mac running XP, and an Intel Mac running OSX, and OSX runs it 50% slower. So, can anyone tell me why people still use Macs? Turns out they aren't even good with media.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:06 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

every mac user will say the opposite.. good thing im not a mac user icon_smile.gif
phong
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mgb, this topic has almost 3500 views and its still not a sticky icon_sad.gif
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:30 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think the wiki became the preferred location of stickyesque information.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 678 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.714371 seconds : 50 queries executed (65.0%): GZIP compression disabled