Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
$$ to the person who solves this LVZ problem!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  LVZ Objects - Animation Timing Post :: Post jsut another lvz prob  View next topic  
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: $$ to the person who solves this LVZ problem! Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will write a check for 20,000 dollars for the person who solves this. I will postdate the check to a time in the future where im not spending all my time doing ss stuff and im actually working in a real job. icon_smile.gif

Ok. All these ini files were compiled using makelevel, then uploaded. Then, continuum crashes. I checked the ssdebuglog, and I've pasted the end of the file where the errors are:

20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_astrd.lvz
20:11:39 Invalid level data
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_basedom.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_basefed.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_basekli.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_ds9.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_ds12.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_nebula.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\map_worm.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\rplc_misc.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\rplc_ships.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\scrn_capgrd.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\scrn_enter.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\scrn_icons.lvz
20:11:39 Extracting zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\scrn_timer.lvz
20:11:39 Sprite: Reload (LoadImage) failed zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\screen_aimcircle_killred.bmp 0 2
20:11:39 Sprite: Reload failed screen_aimcircle_killred.bmp
20:11:39 Sprite: Reload (LoadImage) failed zones\SSNE Star Trek DS9\screen_aimcircle_killgreen.bmp 0 2
20:11:39 Sprite: Reload failed screen_aimcircle_killgreen.bmp

We still have the buildlevel inis and backups, but would really like to get makelevel working for its modular approach to lvz stuff.

objs1.ini is where all the objects are defined, and the rest of the files only define "file=" stuff.

ini's used for makelevel in zip format

stini_makelvl.zip - 8.43 KB
File downloaded or viewed 39 time(s)

log from when continuum crashed from this error

ssdebug.txt - 21.59 KB
File downloaded or viewed 58 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would you upload one of those .lvz's that doesn't work?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What for? icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: lvz files Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi MGB - See 2 attachments.

a small "file=" ini compiled with makelevel

scrn_enter.lvz - 6.25 KB
LVZ Dump: INI
File downloaded or viewed 30 time(s)

the objects ini compiled with makelevel

objs1.lvz - 3.31 KB
File downloaded or viewed 39 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What i guessed. A problem i had before was that my originally released makelevel still created a blank Object section. You can either redownload the full lvztoolkit.zip or just the makelevel.exe file. Should work fine then.
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: crashed Reply to topic Reply with quote

I compiled using the makelevel in the previous post, but I still crashed continuum when the files exract in the game.

Here's the log from this crash.

ssdebug022303.txt - 31.14 KB
File downloaded or viewed 59 time(s)
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Zone name and arena these are in?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The zone is SSNE Star Trek DS9. Dunno arena or if they're still up.

Just fyi.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: zone Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSNE Star Trek DS9.

I've renamed the server.cfg that references the makelevel compiled lvz files, but its just a matter of renaming it and letting the server update. I'm on ICQ when I'm online, when you get a chance contact me there. 7990549. Sooner the better!
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

MGB?

Here's my contacts elsewhere:

aim=moronicmedicine
yahoo=testamp
msn=ethantabor@hotmail.com
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Amazing how this never got resolved.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm sending a PM to Zig on ssforum, he doesn't seem to check icq sa_tongue.gif
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

try compiling the lvz with clc...

http://home.arcor.de/cozy3k/files/CLC.zip

i had a lvz that crashed cont as well, but it worked with clc!
just give it a try.

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks kozy. icon_smile.gif Whats clc?
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CLC [Cntm Lvz Compiler] is a compiler like makelevel...

I wrote it in Delphi 7...
At the moment im writing a lvz/lie/clc tutorial and all that...

Let me know it it works...

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Heat Stroke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think your hitting the LVZ limitation on the # of lvzs you can include in an arena. Im not sure if its a # of characters limit on the
[misc]
LevelFiles=

line in server.cfg or if its a limit of 14 lvz's. I know in my configuration I can get 13 lvz's to work just fine.. but add the 14th and all goes to hell in a handbasket. Doesnt matter whats in the 14th lvz.

-Heat Stroke
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok.

Tried compiling with CRC, but got compilation errors in miscellaneous and ships lvz files. Not sure what thats all about, the ini's are painfully simple and there are definitely no errors. However, CRC did notice ini errors that I resolved (no '+' in positive coord C relative screenobjects, and ';' comments after some line values). Uploaded and tested with makelevel compiled misc and ships. Crashed.

Tried compiling with makelevel, combined screenobjects so that total lvz files were 12 lvz's, lowered character size of lvz files to 3 characters each for cfg value/character errors. Crashed.

Tried compiling with CRC with lower characters and combined screenobjects/lower total lvz files. Crashed.

Tried compiling objects lvz without screenobjects. Crashed.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I tried to find any invalid lvz's in your zone, and was unable to. Could you email me the files and ini you currently have? Maybe also the lvz from any of those that crash?

Email: mgb@minegoboom.com
Use this subject: Crashing LVZ
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm currently using the arena #makelevel1 to test new lvz files. I also emailed you the ini and lvz stuff thats on the server.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The problem with all your non-obj's lvz's is that your using an older version of my makelevel program, which created a blank object-header when there shouldn't be one (what those "Invalid level data" warnings in the continuum logs were). You can fix that by building with BuildLevel or downloading my newer Makelevel program, and replacing your older one.

As for your objs1.lvz, i'll have to get on my computer that has my debuildlevel sources and checkout where it crashes at (and add fail-safe features to that part). But when i built it again with the ini you gave me, it worked fine (which is attached below).

Working version

objs1.lvz - 3.26 KB
File downloaded or viewed 34 time(s)
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I compiled all the ini (without modifications) with the makelevel you just posted and it crashed. Then I used your objs1.lvz and it crashed. The newly compiled lvz files + your objs1.lvz is currently up on the server, accessible in #makelevel1
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Found problem, was a bug that i've already reported and is "fixed" in the next prerelease that hasn't been released. Just have to wait for it to come around...
Kill9mm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What bug was it? Is there a way to update the current makelevel with the fixed bug? Depending on the scope of the bug it might be possible to update it quick.
KEWLdimension

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here, email it to me. I might be able to fix this. Email me the ini and all the gfx/sfx files. I'll see what I can do and test it in my zone.
KEWLdimension

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

forgot to say it, kewldimension@attbi.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 665 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.622486 seconds : 52 queries executed (90.6%): GZIP compression disabled