Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Can I start an off line zone and entering it

View previous topic  Flag drop questions... Post :: Post Hope for Linksys Routers  View next topic  
zone22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Can I start an off line zone and entering it Reply to topic Reply with quote

this is possible if so can someone walking through it?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Offline and entering are kind of contradictory. If you meant to say can you run a zone on your computer, then yes you can.

If you don't want anyone else to find it or be allowed to enter you can remove all the directory server addresses in server.ini and set PermissionMode=1. Then create a blank text file in the same directory as subgame2.exe and add your name to it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or comment-out the Directory:IP key so it won't get listen on the directory server.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think he was actually asking if he can setup a zone and still enter and configure the settings.
Which the answer is no.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why is the answer no? I have an invisible subgame setup on my computer. I only run it when I need it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
Offline and entering are kind of contradictory. If you meant to say can you run a zone on your computer, then yes you can.

If you don't want anyone else to find it or be allowed to enter you can remove all the directory server addresses in server.ini and set PermissionMode=1. Then create a blank text file in the same directory as subgame2.exe and add your name to it.

Uhh, it's permit.txt.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for that, forgot to add it in tongue.gif
zone22

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry for the bad spelling and sentence structure[that's what I get for only getting seven hours of sleep in the past 2 days]

To clear up in any further confusion I want to run server off line and on the same computer I want to join that server without going on the Internet.

Okay I have figured out how to set up a server off line.[when I launched subspace, I saw the server running] but when I try to enter it, subspace wants an Internet connection.

Basically I have the server, but subspace is looking to connect to the server through the Internet. [is there someway around that]

PS if I can use continuum in stead of subspace to join the server that would be great.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Right click on the zone in ss/cont and see what type of IP it is. You want a lan ip like 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x, if it's not like that you can set it by going to the download zones dialog and clicking the add custom button. If you have subgame2 then continuum should be able to enter.

Also if it was set to an internet IP then that probably means your server is broadcasting its presence to the rest of the world, make sure the Directory addresses in server.ini are blanked out.
zone22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Okay now and see the server on Continuum, but when I tried to join it looks for an Internet connection just like what happened with Subspace.

So want needs to be changed IP\port address?
icon_wink.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have matched up the IP and ports actresses but I still cannot join
zone22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hopefully this might help.

Fri Mar 24 14:50:06 2006
: SubSpace Billing Server v0.23
Fri Mar 24 14:50:31 2006
: Unknown packet type: 36

Fri Mar 24 14:50:01: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\moderate.txt
Fri Mar 24 14:50:01: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\smod.txt
Fri Mar 24 14:50:01: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\sysop.txt
Fri Mar 24 14:50:01: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\vip.txt
Fri Mar 24 14:50:01: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\server.ini
-------------------: Extended version 1.34.14 (Mon Aug 4 15:55:51 2003)
Fri Mar 24 14:50:02: SubSpace Game Server v1.34
Template.sss read, 372 entries found
0 both advertisements found
0 shareware advertisements found
0 registered advertisements found
Fri Mar 24 14:50:05: Attempting to establish link to billing server...
Fri Mar 24 14:50:25: Attempting to establish link to billing server...
Fri Mar 24 14:50:45: Attempting to establish link to billing server...
Fri Mar 24 14:51:05: Attempting to establish link to billing server...
Fri Mar 24 14:51:09: ERROR: Could not connect to billing server.
Fri Mar 24 14:51:09: Starting server in stand-alone mode.
zone22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

update

Fri Mar 24 15:08:03: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\moderate.txt
Fri Mar 24 15:08:03: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\smod.txt
Fri Mar 24 15:08:03: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\sysop.txt
Fri Mar 24 15:08:03: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\vip.txt
Fri Mar 24 15:08:03: Ext: Re-reading D:\SubSpace\Server\server.ini
-------------------: Extended version 1.34.14 (Mon Aug 4 15:55:51 2003)
Fri Mar 24 15:08:03: SubSpace Game Server v1.34
Template.sss read, 372 entries found
0 both advertisements found
0 shareware advertisements found
0 registered advertisements found
Fri Mar 24 15:08:08: Attempting to establish link to billing server...
Fri Mar 24 15:08:09: Billing server connected.

Fri Mar 24 15:08:00 2006
: SubSpace Billing Server v0.23
Fri Mar 24 15:08:09 2006
: Server Connected: (4483)
Fri Mar 24 15:08:15 2006
: Unknown packet type: 36
Q: 0 2280136

Same problem
when I tried to join the server this is what I get....
In Continuum [Unknown packet type: 36]
In Subspace [Unknown packet type: 6]
at least the billing and game server connects.

new_let_it_all_out.gif new_let_it_all_out.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I made a mistake.***

Same problem
when I tried to join the server this is what I get....
In Subspace [Unknown packet type: 9]***
at least the billing and game server connects.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are the billing & server ports set to different values?
zone22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yes
zone22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

when I change them to the same value it made no difference.
I still get
In Subspace [Unknown packet type: 6]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 421 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.584016 seconds : 43 queries executed (93.7%): GZIP compression disabled