Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Hope for Linksys Routers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Can I start an off line zone and enter... Post :: Post Server/Client issues  View next topic  
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: List Needed Reply to topic Reply with quote

K imma work on a new TUT for the router issues but I need a good list of router brands and there websites so I can make a good one that will cover all of the different setups.... thanks icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wEaViL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: List so far Reply to topic Reply with quote

So far this is the list of router brands i've come up with.

So if there are anymore out there that you have or if you want something to do you can find me more and/or find the missing webaddy's I need for these. Would help alot, and you'll get credit for it.

Last edited by wEaViL on Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Help Needed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Router and server Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I have a link sys wirless router, I need to know how in the hel do I set up the ports for my server. My Billing and subgame connect, but I can't get to my server from any computer(my friends can't connect either) I need help. This is my sever.ini

Quote:
[Custom]
ArenaMode=0
//1=Any player can create an own a new subarena
//2=Only mods+ can own newly created subarenas
//3=Smods+ own new subarenas
//4=Sysops own new subarenas
//5=New subarenas won't make new files, will just use spawn.cfg instead. If a .cfg is already created for subarena, will use that instead

[Arena]
ArenaMaxPlayers=200
ArenaDesiredPlayers=100
ArenaMinimumPlayers=25
SpawnKeepScores=1
MaxArenas=2000
MaxArenasMemory=64000

[Comms]
MaxQueueToLogin=16
PacketHistoryMax=2000
IncomingBufferSize=131072
OutgoingBufferSize=131072
EncryptMode=1
UnreliableBufferSize=128
TransportBufferSize=160
FlushTime=10
BandwithIdleTime=21600
SelectTime=10

[Misc]
DisableShareware=0
RegisterKickShareware=0
MaxSharewarePlayers=-1
MaxPlayers=200
MaxSharewareTime=90000000
DisableSharewareNames=0
DisableSharewareShips=0
DisableSharewareScores=0
MenuKickOutDelay=12000
NoAntiInSafe=0
//If 1, then if in a safty, SS will ignore that player's anti
LockFreqs=0
//If 1, then *lock doesn't allow freq change
PositionDataAccess=2
//if 0, sysops see player stats in spec. If 1, smods/sysops can. If 2, then mod/smods/sysops can
AlertCommand=cheater
//so ?cheater {text} will send to online mods
AllowPubScorereset=0
AllowPvtScorereset=0
//If 1, ?scorereset will reset player's score
TimerDropFlagTerritoryRadius=8
//If non-0, then all non-neutral droped flags X tiles away from ship. More info in FAQ at Server Help Site
ShipTypeSwitchResetPeriod=0
//If non-0, than if someone does X amount of shipchanges that is in the .cfg in this amount of time (in milliseconds), then kicks them off
CheckWeapons=1
//Leave this set to 1, so it detects more of different type of cheats.. will kick them out if in .cfg the [Security] SecurityKickoff is 1
CheckFastBombing=0
//More info on website
FastBombingThreshold=30
//More info on website
ForceObsceneCheck=0
//0 = normal, 1 = everyone has obscene checking on
NoFlagRewardLimit=0
//If set non-zero reward multiplier limit is removed in FlagRewardMode 1. Multiplier is (maximumAllowedPerTeam / numberOfTeamMembers), if NoFlagRewardLimit is set 0
multiplier is limited by 2.
LogPoints=0
PointUpdateDiff=500
JackpotBroadcastPoints=0
ServerLog=1
KeepAliveDelay=500
DefaultLevelFile=_bzw.lvl
//Change to your map file name
Port=3300
//Make it something round, like 1000, 2000, etc. Change this if you are running more than one zone off same billing
AllowVIEClients=1
//If you wish to restrict your zone to continuum only, set to 0. If you want everyone to play, set to 1
StaffChat=
//Divide staff chat channels by commas. Only mods+ can join these local chats.
ForceContinuumOnly=0
//If set to 1, will only let continuum users enter zone
ServerIP=
//Set to the server's IP #. This is used for *einfo's proxy detection
AllowPrerelease=1
//Set to 1, people with newer continuum can enter. Set to 0, only current client will be allowed in

[CPU]
LoopDelay=0
ProcessMaxTime=4
SleepPerIteration=0
SlowIterationWarningLevel=100
SleepTime=0

[Permission]
AllowBadMachineId=1
AllowLowBandwidth=1
MinimumSecondsToLogin=0
PermissionMaxPoints=0
PermissionMode=0
AutoPermissionPoints=0
AutoPermissionIDList=0
AutoPermissionMessage=Congratulations

[Password]
SysopPassword=gfh
EnergyPassword=ghjghj
ModeratorPassword=ghjghjghj
SuperModeratorPassword=ghjhgjghj
VIPPassword=
//Change all to what you want

[Billing]
LogMessages=0
IP=127.0.0.1
Password=2345234564
//What is the billing pw in the subbill.ini
ServerName=Zeon Elite
//Zone name
Port=185
ServerId=3300
//Make the same as in [Misc] Port=
GroupId=1
ScoreId=3300
//Make the same as in [Misc] Port=
ReconnectTime=12000
AttemptTime=6400

[Advertise]
SendMode=0
DisplayMode=0
Duration=6000

[Validation]
CheckMod=0
CheckSMod=0
CheckSysop=0
LogPubCommands=*
LogPvtCommands=*
DisablePubCommands=
DisablePvtCommands=
//Help at http://www.shanky.com/server/ in FAQ section for Subgame2

[Directory]
IP=sscentral.ds98.com,sscentral.subspace.inet.fi,sscentral.subspace.net,sscentral.subspacehq.com
Description=coming soon
//What you want to have for the description of zone
NamePassword=5426538746754
//Pick anything you want
Port=4991
wEaViL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

those might not work... not sure... try setting them all to like 3000 or 4000... there all set right just i cant remember if a odd number like 3300 will work.
If your running a router you need to remember to forward the port plus 1 so it would be forward port 3000 3001. hope that helps
wEaViL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

are you running windows xp by any chance? If so you need to turn off the xp firewall... that will cuase you probs.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Help Needed wrote:
how in the hel do I set up the ports for my server

Try reading the first post.

And next time, attach long text files instead of copy+paste-ing them.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Help Needed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Didn't work Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did go through that whole thing and did everything it said. Still won't work and I don't know why. Well anyways, i did use port 127.0.0.1 to at least test and my subgame says that it ignored the request from subill, why?, thanxs
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try setting Billing:IP=localhost.

If that doesn't work, try My INI Checker.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Help Needed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply to topic Reply with quote

WOW, it all works, everyone that helped me thanxs, I got it all up and running and people are playing as we speak. The server is "Zeon Elite" if your wondering, well thanks
wEaViL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

After a lil bit of research I found the reason why with some routers users could not get to the menu to set it up. 1 router brand Zonet uses 4 different ips to access the setup menu... it depends on the model you have. A easy way to find out which one you need is to hit start run and type in winipcfg in windows 95 98 ME or in xp in the network folder open it and on the menu on the left side click View Network Connections then double click the local area network. After the new window opens click on the support tab and the last thing listed in the window is Default Gateway the ip it says under that can be used for your access ip. example, mine is 192.168.1.1 so the access ip is 192.168.1.1.

Some other ips used

As you can see .1 is not always the ending number for the setup ip... so really the best bet you have is to go to the site that makes your router and in the support section find out what the setup ip is for your specific router. The rest of the setup for it from my orignal post should help with the settings you need.

Someone said something about them having a Netgear router and the ip did not work, I found out that Netgear uses 192.168.0.1. Netgear also has software for windows that you can use to setup the router. If you dont have it then you should be able to download it from there site.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Basically the easiest way to get your router IP, not matter what brand it is is this:
As weavil said, in Win9x/ME, 'winipcfg', select your LAN card, and look at default gateway.
In Win2000/XP, however, run 'ipconfig' from a DOS prompt and look at the displayed default gateway. That will always be your most local router.
wEaViL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thx Cyan, was a lil zoned out when I wrote that and I can see its a little confuse'n. Oh well, will make my work on the new Tut go alot faster... Just wish I had access too all the different routers and router setups to be able to make it perfect. We'll see what I come up with.
eggboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

is a router that wireless thingy?
wEaViL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yes... if your running a wireless network with your cable or dsl modem
eggboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i use a wireless connection and 1 computer in my house has the router. can i still make the server even though im using a wireless?
wEaViL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Should be able to
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Router success story:

http://www.forumhq.net/index.php?showtopic=618
cazilani
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok I am trying the same thing I have a Linksys router. I also have a linksys wirless adapter. I am trying to get the server on the computer with the linksys wirless adapter.But for some reason I can't get it to work I have followed MIN GO BOOM's instructions and and someone elses instructions but it doesn't work. I got the zone to come u[ on my zone list then i downloaded it and now it is red and i can't log on to it cause it is red anyone out there know how to do it???? PLZ TELL ME!!!!!!

Peace, cazilani
0z

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: link sys WRT54G server help Reply to topic Reply with quote

how do i setup my route to allow outside ppl to enter my zone
can u make a tut for the Link Sys WRT54G pls..
wEaViL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try this out http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/Half_Life.htm Just use the port + 1 when forwarding... this tut is for half_life but it still covers all the important things you need to know on forwarding
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

alright i need help getting people in my zone. i'm having no problems getting in my zone but nobody else can enter. i use a linsys hub and i went to 192.168.1.1 but everytime i try the connection times out. also should i change my port i have currently from 382 to something else or leave it as is? i have everything done i just need to forward a port but i'm not having any luck.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, do you know how to forward ports?
xsp0rtsfanx
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i know how to forward i just cant access the hub that i use. i know i'm missing one setting and i'll have people on but i cant figure out what it is..
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List MSN Messenger
wEaViL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Its recremended to use a port of 1000 or more since most lower port numbers are assigned to other system task. Change your port to something higher and forward that port and see what happens.
Contempt+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Firewalls also might be causing the problem
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 417 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.631054 seconds : 50 queries executed (82.0%): GZIP compression disabled