Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Hope for Linksys Routers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  Can I start an off line zone and enter... Post :: Post Server/Client issues  View next topic  
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Hope for Linksys Routers Reply to topic Reply with quote

*UPDATED 4/15/07* If for any reason there is a difference in the settings of your router and what I have posted please use http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm. This should help with password issues and difference of setting menus.

This tut will work for Linksys and Networkeverywhere routers, for a generic version go to Generic Router HowTo

Not 100% sure but I know how to get the Linksys BEFSR41 Router to run a zone from your pc.

NOTE: you may be able to skip steps 1 and 2, I recremend that you do unless it still does not work.

1. Upgrade your firmware to the current one. Go to http://www.linksys.com/ search support for firmware upgrade
and follow there instructions.. NOTE: Read all instructions 1st and make note of current router settings before doing this as it will set the router back to default.
To check your router settings and make a list type 192.168.1.1 into your webbrowser. If you have not set a username and pass then leave the username empty and type admin in lowercase in the password box then click ok.

2. After you have upgraded your firmware go back into the router and reinput all the settings you copied in step 1.

3. Now your ready for the fun stuff assuming all your computers can use the internet again. Go into your router again via the 192.168.1.1 and input the username and pass or just admin as pass. Once inside the routers setup click on the DHCP tab. Once in there click on the Enable DHCP, if needed you may have to insert the last 3 numbers in the starting ip address, for example 192.168.1.100 as where your ips will be 100 102 103 and so on. Number of DHCP users set this to 50, as long as that number is higher then the number of computers using the router you'll be ok.

4. After you have applied the previous step you want to go back into the DHCP tab and scroll down. Click on the DHCP clients table. This will pop up a box with all the computers currently connected to the router. Look for your pc that the server is one, the name of the computer should be listed along with its ip address the router gives it. EX. 192.168.1.105 Make note of this number as your will need it.

5. Now click on the advanced tab. This will put you on the Filters page. Scroll down to the bottom and look for a item called Block WAN requeast Make sure it is disabled. If it is not then the router will not forward anything to the comp running the server.

6. Now click on the Fowarding tab. This section will be a lil bit different depending on the firmware you are running. Since I am running the uptodate one if your running a older one you might not see what I say. Mine has a section named Customized Application section, in that on the 1st box I typed subgame2. If yours does not have it then dont worry. Now you need to input the port and +1 port of your server.. Ex if your server port is 5000 you want to put in 5000 TO 5001. The port number you need will be found in the MISC section of your server.ini file. Now select the protocol UDP and under the ip address insert the one you wrote down from step 4. [EX 192.168.1.105] Now click enable. Scroll down and click apply.

7. Now you need to know the real IP address of your comp. Click this http://www.whatismyip.com/ and write down the IP it tells you. Thx for the link GGTM The IP should look something like 65.66.45.156 or whatever..

8. Open the server.ini file again and scroll down to the MISC section and look for Server IP Input the IP number that website gave you. Now save your ini file.

9. Open the Zone.dat file (if using Catid billing) To open the file right click it and select Open With.... on the box that opens click on the wordpad down at the bottom of the list. Once inside it type in
MY Server,64.34.187.36,5000,,0 <--- Your IP the website gave you
#My Server
MY Server,192.168.1.105,5000,,0 <--- Your IP the router gave you
#My Server

(thx again GGTM)

Now save that file and exit...

10. Now run the subbill.exe file and then the subgame2.exe file and they should connect assumeing you set them up right prior to this. Now your zone should be able to be used by users outside of your lan. The only way you will know is if someone decides to see what your zone is like or if you do like me and go to a friends house and redownload the list of zones then try to enter yours. If it works then WALA im good :-D :-D :-D :-D

Last edited by wEaViL on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wEaViL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Btw you can run a firewall with this. I am currently running Norton Personal Firewall 2003 and my zone is still working fine
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prodigy`

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you rule. thx
bossboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I believe that if you set urself as the dmz host, it will work, but you leave yourself open.

http://192.168.1.1
clicked on advanced.
click on the dmz host tab

enter your internet ip (192.168.1.100)

done and done. its like having your computer directly connected to your modem.
wEaViL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The way I set it up is the best safest way you can do it.... as I read in a previous post someone stated that setting the router to DMZ the server comp you will have a real high chance of being hacked by warez sites and such, so I wouldnt set that... just make sure your ports are right and make sure Block WAN Requeast is not checked or else it will not work.
Xog_Guest

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is there such thing as 168.68.1.101??? or does it go from 100 to 102, 103, 104, etc. ?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

192.68.1.101*
Katie
Required materials: Hulk

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, so last night, after a few tries, I sucessfully hosted my zone through a Linksys router. All was well. Today, around 4pm, I tried to run it, and now I'm only getting it to run in stand-alone mode (which seems to not want to display the zone in the zone directory as it did before...). ANy ideas?

TIA

-----Drow.-----
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make sure the biller is running too.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XweavilX

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes there is such ips as 101 and up... the 100 200 300 400 is the starting number for your computers... For example I run 3 comps on my router so I have 100 101 102. If I set it to start at lets say 500 then my 2 ip's would be 500 501 502... Hope that helps a lil. As for the other post about the zone working and now only running in stand alone make sure you set the biller's zone.dat file like I did in the instructions.. I had that same prob once in a while... make sure your ip is still the same also. Only other thing I can think of is a bug in the biller... sometimes a reboot and restart might help... also make sure you open the biller before the server. icon_wink.gif
rollerjam5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i dont use linkys, i use netgear, and i cant go to 192.168.1.1
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Check out Netgear's Support Site, where you can enter your router's module number, and they will tell information on how to forward ports. Just following the above method for which ports and which protocol to forward, and you'll be fine.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
wEaViL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just when ya think you made something easy someone proves you wrong... eh oh well
ShortyMatt
Seasoned Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol ya i just got my linksys router working for my new labtop...so if i run my zone off of the pc (which the router is like sort of hooked up to) will i still need to do all this stuff?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
ShortyMatt
Seasoned Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ew that sux...lol...now just more stuff for me to try and do...are you sure i have to?......
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zero-51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How do you even get to the router settings? I don't understand what you mean by via that ip. how do you use that ip to see your router settings?[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you have a linksys router?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
ZiGNoTZaG
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it works just fine. just forward the 2 ports. you dont have to set dmz. and as long as you dont go shutting the router off or rewiring. it should function without you even having to set anything as static. just set all the pcs to auto detect. then do ipconfig to see what the router assinged that specific pc, and forward the port of your zone and the port + 1 to that ip.

someone esle might have said all that but. well, it works icon_smile.gif

ez stuff icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

2 things:

1) This was an old post, don't think Zero's around anymore. A lot of people abandon server running early on. icon_sad.gif

2) I recommend setting your comp to a static IP below *.*.*.100 just so your forwarding won't be messed up with every DHCP change.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a linksys router, and i cannot go to 192.168.1.1 ... why? :/
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dunno why, but here's a fix.
Win NT/2000/XP:
Get into a command prompt (run 'cmd'). Type 'ipconfig', enter. The address listed as the 'Default Gateway' is your router address.
Win 9x/ME:
Run 'winipcfg'. Select your LAN card in the box at the top. 'Default Gateway' is your router IP.
wEaViL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If anyone is still having a problem with getting there zone to work just send me a email and I will reply asap....

Last edited by wEaViL on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
BlueDragon1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

well i have a Linksys router and I followed your steps but it still doesnt work. below is the url to a few screen shots.

http://66.229.16.191/lam/images/1.jpg
http://66.229.16.191/lam/images/2.jpg
http://66.229.16.191/lam/images/3.jpg
http://66.229.16.191/lam/images/4.jpg
wEaViL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok, first off sorry didn't see there was a new post in here. 2nd see if your settings look like this
Router Filter Page
Make sure that Block WAN request is disabled... that is a biggie.

Also another queastion. Does your zone work at all? Standalone or anything?
What biller are you running?
Does your zone work when the server is connected to the cable/dsl modem and not the router?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 503 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.591523 seconds : 50 queries executed (84.9%): GZIP compression disabled