Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Woooo Doors.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic  _linkedlist.kill() function Post :: Post Can someone tell me how to complie mer...  View next topic  
tec27

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't tried it yet, but it should work exactly the same as ?set door:doormode:XXX.But the problem also may be that I'm setting the wrong door to close.It is the first vertical door in my tileset(going from left to right) which I thought would be door number 1.However when I set the doormode to 128, it doesn't close.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lemme ask the standard: Is the bot high enough in staf to do that, or is the command disabled in yer zone?

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
tec27

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

my bot has sysop, and I haven't disabled any commands that I know of. I was playing around with it more, but still no luck. Are there any settings which would keep it from working corectly?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Exploddy (school)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, is it possible to completely control one door, as in, hold it shut, without ?door flooding everyone, and without locking the others?

Is saw brain's or whoever posted after my first, but will that be able to lock the door and hold it shut untill i touch it again?
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, it will only open/shut the one you ask it to, the others will remain untouched (as you last left them).

About flooding, sorry, no such luck.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VampZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the lag from opening and closing doors really is minute. i have a hockey bot that does face offs and uses doors a lot and i haven't, nor has anyone else who has tested it, mentioned any lag.
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lemme ask clearer:
I want door 8 to be shut, and stay shut, unless my bot tells it to open. And when its open, it stays open, unless my bot says close.
And throgh that door 8 crap i want doors 1-7 to maintain randomly opening and closing. door 8 will not open or close due to this randomness.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Then you will need to have the bot to store if it should have door 8 open or not, and then randomly create a doormode between 0 and 255, set door 8 as always open/close in the randomly created door mode, and send it as a ?set door:doormode:#. You cannot have a certain door be open/closed constantly while others being random.

I do not recommend the above way, since it does resend the 1.5k settings packet everytime you do it, to every person in the arena.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hopefully there will be a better doormode in future servers icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Youre bumming me out, MGB. but anywho, gracias.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 684 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.512009 seconds : 35 queries executed (81.2%): GZIP compression disabled