Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
?man format
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic  My Sig! Post :: Post Someone make sense of this (someone sm...  View next topic  
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:51 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: ?man format Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, took me a while, but I came up with a man format that I like...only problem with it in my opinion is that it is toooo long, but aside from that factor, do you guys like it?

http://daashton.com/confess/man2.txt
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:04 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's super long. Like I said, don't even bother with a ?man, just put up a site with a command list. No one bothers with ?man anymore anyway.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

pfft, you'd be suprized how many people use it..I think it's best to have a ?man format, and thats what I'm going to do tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:56 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You realize that that message would kick off any player it's sent to, right?

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I added it to the biller...theres just no way I can make something that big of a format smaller enough to actually fit in the screen...soooo scratch that format..I'll aim for a smaller one tongue.gif

But you gotta admit...its a nice format tongue.gif
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

its way too long.. and who really uses the ?man command? its really useless.. :/ i think you should put more work into another project.
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ask Jesus if he likes it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

lol
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:47 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tell me, why are you even rewriting the perfectly good biller?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:49 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He's just editing the strings text. sa_tongue.gif
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan: Says the man using SSI's edited version of catids biller..
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSI was the first and rocks your socks.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:19 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ima put the biller and zone up for anyone who'd like to see the bang format..Its still kind long.. It'll be up in SST Biller Development. I'd like to release a biller to the public. If I can get the man format to look nice, and then find a way to make it so you can alter the network name in the INI, then bam, we've got a biller released for the public use that is a lil neater then SOS', and a lil better.

Currently we're just using an SSI, Tsunade, Versetti look alike format..
Silense

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:37 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

how about stop flaming him and give him some respect, hes just done some hard work doign that and you throw it in his face, if you dont like, dont dost, infact dont even read the topic, idiots.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:05 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nobody's flaming him, really.
If the format is too long, it is.
I just hope he isn't going to take credit of this if he's only editing strings.

You should read Brain's first post in this thread carefully, though, Confess.
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:11 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wasnt taking it as a flame, I KNOW it is too long. (Hence why I said "The only thing I dont like about it, is it is too long".

I've had a biller that I created for...2 months? Im just now starting to decide that I'd like to release it too the public. I know that the public would LOVE to use it. Im not just editing the ?man commands, that would be no use.
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:33 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SSI's new biller is going to frickin smash everyone's. Don't waste ur time.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:35 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, I was really asking why, a question which you did not answer. What are you changing? I only use(d) SSI's biller because it's pretty centralized, not because it has amazingly cool improvements over the SOS version.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:40 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea. There's nothing special about SSI's biller in reality.
Donkano
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quan Chi2 wrote:
its way too long.. and who really uses the ?man command? its really useless.. :/ i think you should put more work into another project.

I use catid's ?man command all the time.

Only thing I would change in catid's biller is group everything.

Instead of: ?man changepassword
It would be: ?man 0 changepassword

Instead of: ?man kick
It would be: ?man 4 kick

Group it into levels.

And to find out all the commands in a level it would be: ?man LevelNumberHere

It would make things a lot more easy on the command spamming.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Confess, just try to compact it a little bit and it would be good icon_smile.gif
It's good you grouped it already and its clear, however I wouldn't think anyone would like to get spammed by a ?man command icon_wink.gif
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:11 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I know. Im having a hard time creating a good, nice looking ?man format, while having it not spam you with commands...The one I have up in SST Biller Development is pretty much the best i've come up with so far, but when you are an operator, you still get spammed with commands.

Edit: This is what i've come up with so far...
http://daashton.com/confess/man3.txt
It cuts the one in SST Biller Development down a lil bit.

Edit Edit: Updated Operator Commands.
http://daashton.com/confess/man4.txt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:51 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:
Nobody's flaming him, really.
If the format is too long, it is.
I just hope he isn't going to take credit of this if he's only editing strings.

You should read Brain's first post in this thread carefully, though, Confess.

who asked you 2gay4u
Quan Chi2
Member of

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What does that mean?

Code: Show/Hide

אני אחסל את כולכם ,אזי ,יהיה לי שקט ,סוף כל סוף 。
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 538 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.835045 seconds : 51 queries executed (74.3%): GZIP compression disabled