Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
SSI Trust and Betrayal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  Newbie question..? Post :: Post Airwars...?  View next topic  
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:11 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: SSI Trust and Betrayal Reply to topic Reply with quote

After my million questions on this forum and alot of help from everyone (extremely appreciated), I want to tell you about the zone that is being created.

It's called SSI Trust and Betrayal.

Our slogan is "Trust not what your eyes see, for they will betray you..." This zone is full of betraying stuff. From the fake safe tiles to the "look a like" tiles. TnB (for short) has SVS like settings. It is also a "green em up" zone. You have to green...pretty much everything.

You can do many things in this zone. You can base the 15 flags for a big jackpot! You can take a flag and flagkill with it and get on a rampage/spree. You can also play "The Bounty Rabbit" (still under construction). If you are bored, you can go in center with a levi and use its bouncing bombs to get easy kills.

The GFX/lvz are different and original. The victory music is also different and original and changes to a new song every once in awhile. The map is laid well out. The zone is mainly a basing/flagging zone, but, as i said, it has other "fun stuff" in there. So come in, check it out, fly around, and have fun!

Also, check out our forums at www.sstnb.org. They are also being updated to newer and better ones.

BTW, here are some screenshots. sa_tongue.gif

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3572/screenshot620hn.png
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6783/screenshot609va.png
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7738/screenshot581fp.png
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6411/screenshot576ty.png
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
The Namek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:55 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks good, I might stop by sometime.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:57 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Slapping dumb flashy backgrounds, ripping some newbish map I've seen thousands of times before (perhaps in other variations, it's still the same lousy design) and throwing the older green gfx doesn't make a zone good.

I bet it's probably just yet another crappy superzone.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:58 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was super, but now it's totally better.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:00 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh and let me riddle you this, how the fuck "Trust & Betrayel" goes into the zone's concept, hmm?
Good job throwing around bigshot titles, but what the fuck does it have to do with the actual gameplay?
You go around shooting people.
This isn't real war, there's no espionage. Trust&Betrayel got nothing to do with the design implementation.

Again, newb zone, amatuerishly done.

All those dumb zones sprowing out like mushrooms after rain with their mega blasting names that have nothing to do with anything is giving me a migrane.

WSGS EXTREME WARZONE! come shoot non stop at dumb ships yay
OMG UBER COMBAT! we got trench #2
ZOZO ULTIMACY TOURNAMENT! we're as gay as DSB
blah blah blah
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:03 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Come in the zone, Grav, and let me own you SVS style.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:04 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't need to come into your zone for that.
We can goto duel zone, where you won't be able to abuse powers to win.

Also, good job evading my most valid point regarding the bullshitting irrelevance and utter uselessness of your zone's title.

When you name your zone, keep it in theme with what actually goes in the zone?...
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:05 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's not my zone...
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:09 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Then what buiss you have defending it?
So, wanna come to duel zone, mr. challanger?
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:11 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll be there.
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:18 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dueling Zone isn't up. icon_confused.gif

Anyway, T&B is a good zone. End of story. sa_tongue.gif
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:18 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks purge.

Grav, how the fuck are you going to go around criticizing other zones without even going into them? Thats like saying, "Subspace sucks!" "Have you played it before?" "No, but it's 2d!" You fucking moron. Yea, its a super zone, thats why i said it has SVS like settings. Can you read? If this zone sucked as bad as you say it does (without you even stepping into it), then I'm sure 1stStrike wouldn't have agreed to host us. Must you be an ignorant prick all the time?

It's not like I'm being a dick with my first post and saying "OMGZ GIZ, I HAVE A NEW ZONE, ITS COOL YOU WILL LIKE IT CUM CHEK IT OUTT!!11" It was actually polite and thought out, like the rules say to do. And, I also think they say not to bash another ones zone or something like that.

Oh, please tell me where you have seen "this same lousy design" somewhere else, please, show me.

Yea, and i like this too:
"This isn't real war, there's no espionage. Trust&Betrayel got nothing to do with the design implementation."
WHAT ABOUT TRENCH WARS DUMBASS? So, Trench Wars, is a real war? Well, thats news to me.

Seriously dude, quit being an asshole and a moron.

So instead of you bashing other peoples zones, check them out or stfu.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address
1stStrike
Cute like a kitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:21 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's not bad Gravitron. The zone has the potential to grow more than the average zone. I won't go saying it's the best zone I've ever seen however it is of suitable quality for me to host.

I believe that should be enough. I'm well known as the pickiest host in the game. I wouldn't put my name (SSI) on a zone that I didn't think is/could develop into something worth playing.
no

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:41 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the zone is crap
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:19 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll go in reversed order:

The original trench wars was fought in TRENCHES, tubes, tubular stractures, fighting over in a trenchy area to capture and hold flags, hence, trench wars.

Now the "trench" got scaled down into some single dumb base.
Oh, and I don't like trench much either.

Also, attacking trench still doesn't make your zone name right.
Please provide a logical supportive argument or yield down like a frenchie.

How can I judge? For the exact same reason that I HAVE been around SS long enough to see shit and DID visit many zones and many so called gamestyles and found out that pretty much you all repeat the same thing when you stray off SVS.

Purge, seems they took it down and moved it as an arena into chaos/league svs zone, so we'll resechdule to there.
Cancer+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:37 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So you are stereotyping?

I have told you how it relates to the gameplay. There are fake safes, special entrances to bases (that you cant see), fake greens and so on. Just come in and check it out and you will see.
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:50 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't bother debating with grav, it's pointless...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:11 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you're using tiles to achive fake X then you'll have to constantly change the map/tiles, and even so still, it only takes about 10 minutes to get familiar with the entire map and know what's fake and what not.
The only form of "betrayel" would be if you were to "trust" a certain tile area to find it changed to the opposite (if it was fake, now it's real or vice versa).
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:20 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That would be a lot of map downloading

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't see how this zone's theme is being viable unless continuum was heavily recoded to feature dynamic maps via advanced lvz/object control (now wouldn't that be cool?).
LearJett+
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or if people on your freq could attack you.
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:59 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is fairly advanced lvz control, but dynamic tiles, now that would be awesome indeed.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
DeMoNSiTh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm just curious Grav. What zone DO you like? I'd like to see it.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:36 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

VIE JackPot
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Muskrat wrote:
There is fairly advanced lvz control, but dynamic tiles, now that would be awesome indeed.

You can imitate it a little with door tiles sa_tongue.gif SSCI Paradigm does it with the hockey keeper in the hockey arena.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 1241 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.742159 seconds : 51 queries executed (79.0%): GZIP compression disabled