Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Biller Ideas #2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  ssme081.zip Post :: Post LIE v2.1.3.8  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Biller Ideas #2 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I have assemled a list of the suggestions for the Athena Biller so far. I be starting codeing for it soon, so now is the time to submit new ideas.

hyperspace.sscentral.com/biller.txt is the list.

Many thanks to SOS.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I recommend you not doing a billing command for ?calc, since that seems to be much more practical client side, or server side. Also, the website stats should come at the very end of coding. If your doing a SQL backbone, almost anyone can make a quick script for a website to do what they need with it, pointless to include in billing. The ?cheater command should stay local to the server only.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
I recommend you not doing a billing command for ?calc, since that seems to be much more practical client side, or server side.

Ok, seems like a good idea.

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Also, the website stats should come at the very end of coding. If your doing a SQL backbone, almost anyone can make a quick script for a website to do what they need with it, pointless to include in billing.

Yup, figured I would do it with JSP or PHP.

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
The ?cheater command should stay local to the server only.

Yah, I wasnt sure about that suggestion, thats why its in the [maybe?] section.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Siaon
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How about an option that allows people to change their names(once in a week or something)?

Yesterday was history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Siaon
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maybe some kind of a more intelligent ?cheater version, like a player needs to be reported with ?cheater by at least X people before the mods get warned.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Name stuff: Erm... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a new name...

?cheater stuff: Server thing, not biller
-"l33t h41ku"
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Siaon wrote:
How about an option that allows people to change their names(once in a week or something)?

they can just make a new one....
Nikon F5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you should make it so ? commands arent case sensitive... that really annoys me. new_microwave.gif
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh, dont worry, no case stuff icon_smile.gif
Siaon
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maybe a SSH telnet access to manage the dbase or something
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That would not be a part of the biller, it would be a part of the host's system. Yes, im sure there will be some kind of access for the admins.
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SQL???
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, MySQL to be exact.
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

PHP triad... hot stuff (minus PERL of course! BEH!)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Siaon wrote:
Maybe some kind of a more intelligent ?cheater version, like a player needs to be reported with ?cheater by at least X people before the mods get warned.

don't most mods loosely enforce this anyway? just one person going ?cheater %tickname isn't going to get him banned
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Link is broken and I can't find a place to upload it, so...

Athena Biller Feature List

[backend features]
Written in Java
Reset individual zone's scores
zone score reset timer
MySQL for long term storage
Jabber IM capibilty
AIM/MSN/ICQ/Yahoo! Jabber gateway support can come later
ban(free)s by IP, MAC, and name
Coustomizable user levels
Total rework of the chat system to enable public and private chats to co-exist well
?broadcast -z=zone|-g=group|-* message
make sure ?message and ?broadcast have %sounds
"^Some Zone (Athena)" account for zone access to biller commands.

[user interaction]
Own Chats, like squads
Greet Message
?bnews
?message (like email inbox)
biller-wide staff chat
?calc (probably on the server plugin)
?suggestion box, ?comment box
voting system
?squadchat=
?listsquad
?squad message
announcement channels (killing sprees and whatnot)
?find, ?seen (do them well, aka fuzzy)
?alert Mr Offline (alerts you when they come online)
?zonepop Athena Some Zone
?score SomeDude (maybe a -zone switch)
?topscore 10 (display top 10 players in the current zone)
make an email recovery system (eg SSC)
Friend List so you can see which of your friends are online.

[Web Stuff]
High scores for each zone
Web interface (Servelet, JSP or PHP)
Statistics stuff for each zone. (would be nice to include ship stats and stuff)

[catid improvements]
?listban(free) needs rework
?listzone shows offline
make ?listop very flexible, with lots of -switches
netops+ see all ban(free)s and ops
ban from a score ID with out being in it
Bantext can be specific to a ban

[power net ops]
power net ops (submitted by SOS)
no *badcommand to a power net op
full server access to power net ops (after they login)

[zone addition]
zones automaticly add themselves (find a way to make them not re-add themselves when the name changes)
auto addition/removal of zone staff to biller and at the apporpraite level
staff login to biller when they login to zone
?banzone & stuff
biller<->server link needs to be secure so that hacking is NOT possible, as there will be
lots of zones on the biller.

[maybe]
groups for use in ?owner stuff, so that many people can own a subarena

[not happening]
?cheater logging

This list created By "Dr Brain" with help from SOS, Orion Pax and other members of the SS community.
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Would there be anyway to setup the biller to kinda attach to the others to recieve a list of users so that when you go into a new zone your not bothered with the unkown name create new... and possibly to eliminate password theft keep all passes encrypted so that even the person running a biller your logging into has no way to see your pass for there personal use... and if you lose your pass you just use the ?pass function to email you a new one? just a idea
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wEaViL wrote:
Would there be anyway to setup the biller to kinda attach to the others to recieve a list of users so that when you go into a new zone your not bothered with the unkown name create new... and possibly to eliminate password theft keep all passes encrypted so that even the person running a biller your logging into has no way to see your pass for there personal use... and if you lose your pass you just use the ?pass function to email you a new one? just a idea
As for the player list, no. However there will only be one instance of this biller running that every zone will connect to. This means that the player list will become quite large very quickly.

The player passwords are going to be stored using a MD5 hash biller side. However there are some other password stealing things that need to be worked out before the system will be secure.

I have a dual password retreval system that I am going to implement. One is similar to the SSC scheme where it emails you a temporary password. Another is a web interface with a lost password reminder that will also email you a temporary password.
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A custom encryption with the server and no problemo sa_tongue.gif
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Actually, the server is where the major securty problem is. I have talked to Grel about it, and he has a few ideas about fixing it.
4gotten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well here are my suggestions:

1. The ?message command or whatever you name is (name it simple), try to make it where u can send more than 1 message to a person (unlike ssc). And maybe make it possible to put bond sounds in em?

2. Have the ?chat options...something like the ssn biller has, all those options.

3. icon_exclaim.gif AND PLEZ TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION icon_exclaim.gif : Possible have the option , lets say, over a period of 6 months-1 year if a name is unused or squad name that is unused, let it erase it. If the person aint using it whats the point of having it. Im just saying this maybe becuz it will help save bandwidth...or whatever..i dunno what the hell im talking about icon_lol.gif , its mainly becuz i want this squad name but some ss player (that doesnt play ss anymore apparently) has ownership of it and there is no way of getting in touch with him, that would be a good example why. But seriously take this suggestion into consideration. Such as in Battle.net games, u get it?

i might come up with more laterz, eh

4gotten new_let_it_all_out.gif
4gotten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ooooo and i notice on i think ssn biller or something, the ?chat stuff, when a person comes online thats in your chat it notifies the people that so and so enter the chat, cool eh? i liked it biggrin.gif
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

4gotten wrote:
over a period of 6 months-1 year if a name is unused or squad name that is unused, let it erase it

how long (if ever) before squads are reclaim-with-any-password? when the captain's account is? could you reclaim the captain's account and then manage the squad that way?
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All going to be implemented.
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And dont just make reclaim-with-any-password things, delete old stuff sa_tongue.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 646 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.688087 seconds : 50 queries executed (92.9%): GZIP compression disabled