Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Saw this and laughed a good bit

View previous topic  You had to go global about your stupid... Post :: Post Bypassing *kill  View next topic  
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:56 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Saw this and laughed a good bit Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4177664.stm

Pat Robertson is such a crazy dude

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Religious people are stupid. I am never surprised when they reach new lows of hypocrisy.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:49 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

heh
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:40 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not all religious people are hypocrites. Not all non-religious people aren't hypocrites. In fact, it would seem the two characteristics are not related.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Confess
Zone Hoster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:51 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Assasination of the President would spark a War...It would be ridiculas to Assasinate the President, for he has done no Terroist (sp) activity to the US, or am I mistaken?

China has a dictator, why not take him out?

This guy...he IS a hypocrite, but that does not reflect all of us. Isnt this the same guy that was saying "Send me money, and God will fulfill your every needs, and you will have a place in heaven"?

Isnt this also the guy that goes on TV, wearing Rolex watches/etc, and has a corvette (or some expensive car)?
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cyan~Fire wrote:
Not all religious people are hypocrites. Not all non-religious people aren't hypocrites. In fact, it would seem the two characteristics are not related.

The overlap is too large to not correlate the two.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:43 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
[..]

The overlap is too large to not correlate the two.

At least 99% of people that have cancer have worn shoes at some point in their life.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:32 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You say that, but there could be a hidden correlation, shoes are made of very 'processed' materials, and I think all the plastics, chemicals, waves, etc. could have something to do with the rise in cancer cases(not necessarily shoes though).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:34 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My dad and I work(ed) at a plastics shop! Oh NOes!
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Plastics are also bad for autistic children. O.o
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
At least 99% of people that have cancer have worn shoes at some point in their life.

That is being pedantic. To correlate those 2 things, you would have to also show that people who do not have cancer do not wear shoes.

Religious people are hypocratic ABOUT their religion, thereby linking the two.
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You never know about some things though, in the 40s I'm sure that someone saying "95% of people with lung cancer smoked cigarettes" could have gotten that same reply, but 50 years later, the correlation is considered fact by many.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
you would have to also show that people who do not have cancer do not wear shoes.

Fine. Show that atheists aren't hypocrites. I say that they're just as likely to be hypocrites.

Oh, and muskrat, I was making a joke+example about the cancer thing. I would think that the doubling of expected lifespan over the past 100 years would have far more to do with the "rise" of cancer.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:28 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think that the correlation of hypocracy/religion is based on many of the icons in western culture, such as many of the current american government officials(I've never heard a buddhist called a hypocrite).
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:52 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Fine. Show that atheists aren't hypocrites. I say that they're just as likely to be hypocrites.

Ah I see your signature and it all makes sense now.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Muskrat wrote:
I think that the correlation of hypocracy/religion is based on many of the icons in western culture, such as many of the current american government officials(I've never heard a buddhist called a hypocrite).

I've never heard of someone announcing themselves as a Buddhist.

Ekted, maybe the fact that to be a hypocrite, you have to actually believe something is messing with your judgment. Maybe you think that if they don't believe anything then they cannot hold others to a higher standard.
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:

I've never heard of someone announcing themselves as a Buddhist.
Precisely, I was suggesting that Ekted should be more specific than just 'religion'.

Perhaps organized religion.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Muskrat wrote:
Precisely, I was suggesting that Ekted should be more specific than just 'religion'.

Perhaps organized religion.

Not true. I apply hypocrasy to religion in general. Organized religion is worse.
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:42 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I find respectibility in some(albeit rare) forms of individualized religion, but I suppose that's a difference in opinion.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:13 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If I was a militant social engineer I would use religion, it's the most powerful tool.
Driving the weak minds of the mundane common lambs, excusing your bidding as axiums since the reasoning for religion is that it requires none the such of logical proofs.
Producing the most devoted zealots, the best and fiercest of soldiers.

If I was a prosperity social engineer I would abolish religion, it's the most horrible illogical chaotic drival, based upon anarchy in its core stracture and inhibits all scientific and social progression, actually subverting to reverse the race evolution back into a stoneage (most likely in the form of a holy war that will turn the planet into a gigantic charcoal) and preach intolerance, strengthening all the negativity between men.

P.S.
I'm agnostic.
The apathic's "religion".
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:01 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

up until about 100 years ago most scientists were religious. Newton wrote more about the Bible then about laws of physics. A survey was done in the early 1900's and it showed that about 40% of scientists were religious, and that same survey was done recently and the numbers were about the same. There was an article about science and religion in the New York Times yesterday, front page too. It does point out that in higher circles of science, however, the numbers do drop off to about 10%.

It's not based on anarchy and intolerence either; stop giving us your "drival" grav.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:03 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Actually, Grav makes quite a related point. It could also be that the religious hypocrites just say they're religious for personal gain and aren't really.

Also, it's very hard to be a hypocrite when you don't stand for any values. I'd say hypocrisy is a natural human trait, and the religious just show it more because they stand for certain principles.
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:17 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Or maybe what they stand for is more than they are capable of achieving. You can believe in being nice to everyone and still not be able to pull it off all the time
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:52 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Muskrat wrote:
I've never heard a buddhist called a hypocrite.
Buddhists are hypocrites, there, happy?

On that same tolken, how often to you hear, "Oh Budda!" or "Muhammed Damnit" or "Harrie H Kirshna"?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

...on a popsicle stick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 438 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.951660 seconds : 51 queries executed (76.7%): GZIP compression disabled