Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Continuum Map & Lvz Editor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  DCME, Drake Continuum Map Editor Post :: Post Continuum profile password encryption  View next topic  
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Continuum Map & Lvz Editor Reply to topic Reply with quote

General Notice: CMLE is an editor like SSME/CLE/CLIT. It is coded in Visual Basic and thus designed for Windows. I cannot garantee that it will work on a Windows emulation under any other OS. CMLE was tested on WinXP, so I don't know if it will work on other versions of Windows (though it should).

Have fun with it icon_biggrin.gif

Current Version: BETA 1

Version Notes:
This is a beta version which means
a) The program may be unstable. Expect some crashes.
b) There will still be bugs.
c) All planned features of version 1.0 are now included but not thoroughly tested. Especially WYSIWYG map object edititng has been included in quite a short time and is very basic.

Please let me know of any bugs by posting here.

Install Instructions:
1) Download the .rar archive. (RAR)
2) Unpack it to any folder.
3) If it does not run, try moving all files except the .exe to your system folder.
OR
1) Download the installer. (EXE)
2) Run it.

Older versions:
- ALPHA 1: RAR

Feature List:
| since BETA 1
-- LVZ editing
-- progressbar
-- zoom (1:8; 4:1)
| since ALPHA 1
-- tile groups: the most advanced feature. put tiles in a group and later all tiles in one group will adjust to each other. you can have as many groups for one map as you want. group information is stored with the map (<mapname>.grp in the same folder).
-- tabbed mapping
-- cut/copy/paste selections
-- fill and mirror selections
-- undo/redo (1 step)
-- several painting tools: Pencil, Eraser, Pipette, Rectangle(empty/filled), Elipse(empty/filled), Floodfill, Line, Segmented Line
-- zoom (2:1; 1:1; 1:2; 1:4)
-- grid can be turned off
-- support for 3 mouse buttons
-- draw with the 'empty' tile
-- special objects: wormhole, station, big and small asteroid (draw with pencil tool by pressing Ctrl)
-- 'quick pick': pick a tile by pressing Shift while clicking it with the Pencil tool
-- radar
-- tile replacement (map or selection wide)

Plans for next version (1.0):
- Killing bugs

GREEN = DONE
BLUE = PARTLY DONE
BLACK = UNTOUCHED
RED = CANCELED

Last edited by Doggeti on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:52 am, edited 18 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If possible please make it runnable without a setup. Setups are very annoying for such "simple" programs imo. If not, please make it an english setup, kinda weird to have it in german.

For the program (see screenshot):
- Is it supposed to be german? :/
- Ugly under construction sign, but ok - no problem
- You might want to inform the user more that the program is busy doing something, f.ex filling up large sections of the map.

So far it looks quite good, haven't really got deep into it though.

Screenshot of CMLE

cmle.png - 206.91 KB
File downloaded or viewed 134 time(s)

Last edited by Maverick on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't like Setups for such small programs neither. But VB needs its own Runtime libraries and to put all those files in the correct folder a Setup is needed.
I added a link to the .exe in the original post. For all those of you who want/like/need to find and install all libraries themselves.

I have english texts in the RES file. VB was supposed to choose that version which fits your region settings in Windows. I will have a closer look at that. I have never worked with that tool before.

As for more help messages, manual, tutorials. They will come later. I think most of the icons are quite self explaining.

Last edited by Doggeti on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Isn't it possible to have the libraries placed in the same directory as the program itself?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If possible, allow greater zooming-out abilities, and probably when you add LVZ support, zooming in abilities.

Also, while randomly clicking in the group second, it caused a run-time error. I'm not sure exactly how I did it, since I don't know german and was trying to figure out the buttons based upon what they did. I created a new group, clicked on a bunch of tiles, saw the pretty box down there being replaced, click the left button a few times, clicked some more tiles and that button again, still looked like it did nothing. So I tried the right button, and it blew up.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I updated the files. The program should display english text by default now. You don't have to reinstall. Just replace the old .exe with the new one.

By the way, if you want to help me localize CMLE send me a PM here on the board and tell me what language you could translate it into. I'll then send you a document with all the Strings.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Most active developers have the MS VB runtimes from one project or another. If they don't have it, they can easily download it from SSDL, or some search engine search; as well as a simple lookup on MS' website. Just give me a 7zip, rar, zip, with the essential files. icon_smile.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I believe there is a visual basic runtime files package downloadable from microsoft.

EDIT: Here: http://tinyurl.com/6pqsn
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As I paint tiles it seems to be delayed. Are you processing 1 event every cycle, or processing all available events every cycle?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here I have a Screenshot of BETA 1 for you. Enjoy icon_smile.gif
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I demand a better name. CMLE or cMALE just doesn't cut it.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yea, why dont you stick with the program and give it an acronym that has a sexual relation to it like everyone else....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

After I read i88gerbils' post I thought about the name and came to the conclusion that he's right. Continuum Map & Lvz Editor implies that you can edit the Lvz itself, which you can't with this program and which wasn't my intention.

So here are two suggestions for a new name:

1) Continuum Level & Ini Editor (CLIE)
2) Continuum Level & Ini Constructor (CLIC)

I prefer the second one just because the abbreviation sounds better to me. icon_smile.gif
All of you who even care about the name may reply and tell me their opinion.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

With the neat tile feature I might pick an an abbreviation like CMM (custom/continuum Map Manager). Or you could name it in German for other wacky combinations! :d

Continuum Utility for Map Management/Editor

CUMM.

CU 4 ME.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I prefer no more stupid innapropriate acronyms.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

same here, just use professional ones. CMLE is fine.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Agreed. Keep the CMLE.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Go with CUM, stick with tradition
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And then get this forum blocked at my school? No thanks.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maverick wrote:
If possible please make it runnable without a setup. Setups are very annoying for such "simple" programs imo.

"But I am le tired."
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I will keep CMLE because:

- the majority wants it
- I got familiar with it
- the other proposals aren't better

Discussion closed.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CMLE, whenever I see it, I think of SMILE. tongue.gif Much better than ASSS.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm a professional. And if I mispronounce my Company's abbreviations it sounds like ANUS.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

After having some issues with my registry in the last few days i finally was able to get the problems solved by reinstalling my VB IDE. I can't wait to get back into coding. The LVZ is about 80% done. If everything works well I might release BETA 1 this upcoming weekend. In other words: In two weeks or later tongue.gif
Sai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Might be nice if you have it support the 'unused' tiles, they serve other purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 659 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.572433 seconds : 52 queries executed (73.7%): GZIP compression disabled