Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Settings editor for subgame 1.34.14
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic  Simple CFG->SET and SET->CFG Post :: Post Clit error  View next topic  
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Settings editor for subgame 1.34.14 Reply to topic Reply with quote

SubSet is a CFG/SET settings editor for subgame 1.34.14.

Last version, SubSet 2.1:

SubSet 2.1 (full app)

SubSet 2.1 (exe file)

Send your suggestions to jgsantos@yahoo.com

Last edited by xor eax on Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:40 am, edited 21 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Should really allow loading of old .set files too. Just leave blank, or set default values, into the unassigned variables.

Scrolling side-by-side view of all the ship variables would be nice too. Or maybe in the case of speed/thrusters, could have a hovering-tip include the % faster/slower than the total average of all ship's speed. So if all ships but the Warbird's max speed was 1500, and the Warbird's was 1700, it would show in the hover-tip +11%, while all the other ships would show -2%. Would give a nice feel for how much better the ship was than everything else.

With the installer, give the option of where you'd like to place the icons of the program. I hate programs that force it to the desktop, and really hate it when it places it in the main start-menu listing. Forcing into the Program's start menu is fine (which for some reason, you don't do), but those other places I like to keep clean and I'm sure others do too. If you are having problems with the installer and adding these options, give NSIS a try. I love their installation system, and they have many third party GUIs for designing an installer very quickly.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Should really allow loading of old .set files too. Just leave blank, or set default values, into the unassigned variables.

Ok. Next version will open ANY .set format (old or incomplete .set files). The user will be prompted for default/blank values to be inserted into the missing fields. Also, a “Merge File” menu option could be interesting, to load the file into the active editor overwriting the existing values.

Quote:
Scrolling side-by-side view of all the ship variables would be nice too.

I think you are talking about the “Edit Values For All Ships” menu option, isn’t it? Put the cursor on a ship field and press F8. If you’re talking about other thing then please explain it a bit more... could be that my english sucks but i’m a little confused.

Quote:
Or maybe in the case of speed/thrusters, could have a hovering-tip include the % faster/slower than the total average of all ship's speed. So if all ships but the Warbird's max speed was 1500, and the Warbird's was 1700, it would show in the hover-tip +11%, while all the other ships would show -2%. Would give a nice feel for how much better the ship was than everything else.

I really like this idea. Also, I think i’ll introduce a last button, after Shark button, called “Average Ship”. It will display non-editable values showing average ship settings. This way, you can see in the “Average ship” window that the average ship have MaximumSpeed=1525, and in the Warbird window you can see that its MaxSpeed is +11% (1700). I have to think more about how it all can be done but I think this is a good idea.

Quote:
With the installer, give the option of where you'd like to place the icons of the program. I hate programs that force it to the desktop, and really hate it when it places it in the main start-menu listing. Forcing into the Program's start menu is fine (which for some reason, you don't do), but those other places I like to keep clean and I'm sure others do too. If you are having problems with the installer and adding these options, give NSIS a try. I love their installation system, and they have many third party GUIs for designing an installer very quickly.

LOL... the installer is really nasty... sorry about that. I promise a better thing next time. Also, i will link the .exe separately so u dont have to reinstall the full app.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't looked at the program but does it allow a .set to .cfg and vice versa?
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It works with SET files exclusively.

Well... i think its very easy to use Continuum software to do the conversion... When you do the ?setsettings command the .CFG gets updated at server. In my opinion CFG files must be considered server side and SET files must be client side. Working with settings is done at client side so you are working with SET format all the time.

BUT.... If a minimum amount of people wants it then I'll do a CFG/SET converter (or allow CFG to be loaded/saved into the program)... very boring task... :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Should really allow loading of old .set files too

Settings can be imported via clipboard. Open the old/incomplete .SET file in the notepad and copy all of it to clipboard. Then go to SubSet and use "Import settings from clipboard" menu option.

I will implement the ability of opening old .SET files but you can use this method until it is done.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The installer icons problem is solved, it place 1 icon in the Program's Start Menu. The app is the same.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This version load old or partial .set files. The program ask for default or blank values to be inserted in the missing fields.

Next version will show average ship info.

The full package is here: SubSet10a.zip

This one is for those who have the app already installed. Just unzip this in the SubSet installation folder: SubSet10a_exe.zip
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What is with the SuperTime And ShieldsTime limits? Low is 1 and High -999. Can somebody explain how this limits work? I've seen those fields set to 6000 (1 min) in some .set files. I've been looking faqs and I didnt found anything related to it. The program is ignoring those limits for now.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This version shows average ship info

SubSet10b.zip (full install)

SubSet10b_exe.zip (exe file)
A380
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is nice icon_smile.gif
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a minor bug in version 1.0b which only affects average displaying in hover tips. It happends when u swap/copy/import settings. It doesn't affect editing or saving. The program won't crash because of it and the integrity of .set files is assured. But hover tips gets all wrong for the ship settings involved in swap/copy/import operations.

It is solved in the present version 1.0c.

SubSet10c.zip (full app)

SubSet10c_exe.zip (exe file)

Thanks for your patience to those who are testing it, the program is in the very first stage. I hope it will be a useful tool in the end. I want to make a similar editor for ASSS after this.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is the "final" version of SubSet. No more enhancements are planned. Anyway, I will give support for the program and correct the bugs that can appear in the future.

New features in final version, SubSet 1.1:

-A menu option called "Edit Alphanumeric Field" is added to the "Edit" menu. Place the cursor on an alphanumeric field (such as Notes:SettingName) and press F1.

-Recently opened files are added to the "File" menu (up to 8).

-The max number of open files is 8 (to edit more than 8 .set files at same time you must run another instance of the program).

(go to the first entry of this topic to download it)

Have a nice day.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For me the links have been broken for a day now.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
A380
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:

You mean for SubSet10b?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All of them, http://www.telefonica.net/ cannot be found or some such error.

Edit: Hrm seems to work now.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
A380
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
All of them, http://www.telefonica.net/ cannot be found or some such error.

Edit: Hrm seems to work now.

Oh okay.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

It seems like I need a better host for the files. A380 was having problems too, and a whole day is a lot of time for a broken link to get "magically" repaired.
If somebody have similar problems just say it. If the problem persist I'll ask forum moderators to upload the last version of SubSet to this site.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I introduced a last small change, so small that it doesn't deserve a new version.

The new "feature" is:
You can now double click on alphanumeric or ship fields. It will trigger the menu option corresponding to these fields ("Edit Alphanumeric Setting" or "Edit Setting For All Ships"). (Also, clicking the label has the same effect as clicking its corresponding text box.) This way most of the editing can be done with the mouse. The rest of the program is exactly the same.

The files linked at top of this topic are updated. So, if you have already downloaded the app and you think the new feature could be interesting, please download it again and update your installation. It doesn't make a significative difference so updating it is not really necessary.

Also, forum moderators should get the new version and re-link it at top. Thanks.

I know is annoying to have new versions every day, and latests versions after the final version. But I think the double-click makes editing even easier and I want it to be the DEFINITIVE 1.1 version. If more changes are going to come (I don't think so but oh well who knows...) I'll put them in a new 1.2 version.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a flaw in the template.sss file which is being distributed with subgame 1.34.14. The "fixed template.sss" is wrong too.

Packetloss:C2SNegativeKickOutPercent is not present in template.sss. I just can't believe that .cfg files contain 961 settings while .set contains 960... #$%&"!!

I've added manually the missing setting to template.sss and now the .set file sent by server contains the full set (961 settings). The default value is 50. Can somebody at least explain how this setting work? If set to 50 it means that you are allowing 950 ploss or what??

I'm thinking how to put SubSet to work with it. Maybe... If it is found in the .SET file the program will edit it, if not found the program will ignore it.... god i hate this.

I've been searching and I've found some other ppl complaining about it in other forums. May I ask why are you still distributing a wrong template.sss with subgame 1.34.14? Nobody have corrected it since 2003??? Is it the official server installation package??
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

xor eax wrote:
Also, forum moderators should get the new version and re-link it at top.

Done.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been considering to treat PacketLoss:C2SNegativeKickOutPercent as an optional setting and I don't think it is a good idea. It is just another setting. The problem is in template.sss not in the setting itself or in Continuum software.

This is what I'm going to do: SubSet will edit the full set of 961 settings. If not present, C2SNegativeKickOutPercent will be considered a missing setting and the file will be loaded as a partial .set file, warning the user about the missing setting. When saving, C2SNegativeKickOutPercent will always be saved.

(BTW, the SuperTime and ShieldsTime limits problem is due to another flaw in template.sss. The low value is set to 1 while the high value is empty.)

I will include my own fixed template.sss with the application. Also, I will make a help file explaining, among other things, what is wrong with C2SNegativeKickOutPercent/SuperTime/ShieldsTime and template.sss.

SubSet will edit .CFG files too, allowing conversion between .cfg and .set formats.

It will be in next vesion 1.2.
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

New version SubSet 1.2a is linked in the first post.

What's new in 1.2a:

-The program can edit CFG and SET files. It can be used to convert from one format to the other. Editing CFG files with SubSet has one advantage: Low/High restrictions for settings are applied to CFG too, and remarks are also available.

-A menu option called "File/Validate template.sss" is added. It checks that file for known errors and fixes it if needed.

Still pending:
-The help file.

(Please, Mine, re-link it at top... Thanks ;)
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is this GUI-based or are there command line options?

If the former, would it be possible to get you to add a command line where you specify a .set/.cfg file to validate and have it print a list of invalid settings (if any)?

With that, it could be used as a backend to something like a web interface to allow anyone to edit arena settings, without having to give them sysop/arena ownership and without having to worry about them crashing the server with invalid settings.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
xor eax
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It is GUI only. But tomorrow it will accept command line options. I was thinking on a new menu option for CFG/SET batch validation of files. This option will be accessable from the command line too, forcing the program to run in console mode. The program will accept multiple files from the command line and some switches. I have to think more about it but be sure that it will accept command line options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 672 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.517320 seconds : 50 queries executed (73.6%): GZIP compression disabled