Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
font sheet maker
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  Chatnut Client Post :: Post Rather odd request  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: font sheet maker Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's a font sheet maker written in java. It may be useful to someone but most fonts just look totally naff.

It saves to .png (unoptimised) and has a config file so it can be used in other games that have font sheets with a similar layout.

If anyone has problems running this please say what version os you have (win98, xp, linux, etc) and what version of java you have.

Edit: Updated attachment on august 16 2005.

fixed bad zip file

fsm.zip - 20.84 KB
File downloaded or viewed 153 time(s)

Last edited by Smong on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sweet, man. You've gotta be the primary writer of apps for SubSpace by now. icon_smile.gif
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very useful. I had no problems running it on Windows. Good Job! icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ImageIO... I swear I was looking through api's and forums for that functionality for hours... good job smong
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update:
added more comments to the code
fixed save dialog (directories)

jump to first post
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why would you have it save as a png?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Better compression than BMPs.
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But you need to convert it to bmp anyway...
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For what? Continuum supports png for everything that it supports bmp.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
SyrusMX
Wub me, everyone!
or I'll wub your ...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So I can take a png file, rename it to a bm2 file, and it will see it just fine?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, or just leave the .png extension (it seems you have missed a key feature in cont. all this time).
newb
Turds are yummy
Turds are yummy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's pretty good Smong, good job. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update:
fixed for accented font sheet
tweaked colors

jump to first post
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

actually, it's likely that an image with only a handful of colors like the one in the screenshot will be smaller as a bmp, not a png (not by a whole lot, though, and png is usually more convenient to play with)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You are catastrophically wrong.
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE wrote:
actually, it's likely that an image with only a handful of colors like the one in the screenshot will be smaller as a bmp, not a png (not by a whole lot, though, and png is usually more convenient to play with)

I tried it, too, and you're wrong. icon_wink.gif
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're probably both doing it wrong.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did it right. The PNG version of that screenshot was 11KB and the BMP version was about 606KB.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE wrote:
the one in the screenshot
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong, the zip file has been reported as invalid by two different pieces of software.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

my bmp build is like ~.2 Kb larger than png build, so I guess it takes less colors
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Purge+ wrote:
I did it right. The PNG version of that screenshot was 11KB and the BMP version was about 606KB.

haha, jackass....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update:
fixed bad zip file

jump to first post
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had an 11859 byte png output, and when I save that as a bitmap image, it becomes something like 450 kilobytes. As an indexed bitmap image, it used 60 kilobytes.

I could further compress the png version down to 7132.

This was using Verdana with the settings listed in the screenshot. Not a fully identical image as the screenshot's, but sufficiently similar.

Are you getting bmps that are 12000 bytes? How? How about 7132 bytes?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here's a .def file for putting fonts in tilesets, you need to adjust the width/height manually to 16x16.

font(tileset).def - 0.06 KB
File downloaded or viewed 57 time(s)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 668 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.654032 seconds : 52 queries executed (83.5%): GZIP compression disabled