Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Have a large signature?

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  Got spyware? Click YES to everything? Post :: Post Damn subdomain rules  View next topic  
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Have a large signature? This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

As some people's signatures have been getting bigger and bigger and bigger, and people stop reading their private messages from me warning them about their signature sizes, I've been forced to take action.

All those people I've made their signatures invisible to everyone else have been removed, and their signatures have been blanked out. To everyone else with large signatures, take this as a warning.

Starting May 24, 2005, I will be replacing large signatures by the following image. If you replace the image by the previous signature, or another one just as large or breaking the rule, I will remove your ability to have signatures.

Why? These forums are to be for helping others. Anything posted in the Assistance or Code sections are to be moderated and keep clean. Signatures are not vital for these purposes. If you want a link to your site, use the homepage link in the profiles, which will show below every post as . Want to link to a could of sites you visit or other things? Small little text links are nice.

Those with huge signatures just waste space and are unnecessary. Sure, your site's logo may look pretty, but we don't need to scroll have a page just to get by it. Also, loading that 300k bitmap that could be saved as a 5k gif is nice for all the people with slow internet connections.

How are they measured? Well, if I do a properties on your image, and its more than 30KB (30,720 bytes), thats bad. If the text contains 20 new lines in it, thats bad. Filling up exactly 480x112 and 30,720 bytes is bad too, because then you know you are doing that just to be annoying. The only exceptions to this are that if you only post your signature in Trash Talk forums, and it isn't obscene or contain bad links (ie: referral sites). So if you want to have some poem or that pretty zone logo as your signature, don't check the box in non-Trash Talk forums.

Over the course of the week, I'll send some private messages to specific people as it gets closer to the deadline. In the future for new users, I'll warn them privately first unless their signatures are badly breaking the rules.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: