Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
nebula (zone list downloader)

View previous topic  Tileset Generator Post :: Post Zone creator VIA PHP website.  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: nebula (zone list downloader) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nebula is a basic zone list downloader for windows and linux. Built using the wxWidgets GUI library (so the file size is quite large).
Quote:
nebula - zone list downloader [apr 21 2005 smong]
version 1.0

this is a standalone gui app that will download a zone listing from a directory server and provide basic zone.dat management. once you have made changes to the 'favourite list' there is no cancel button, there is however a zone.bak file which will contain a copy of zones.dat before it was modified.

-firewall
this app will require an outgoing udp connection to port 4990.

-creds
smong
2dragons
chambahs
hawkaloogie
i88gerbils

windows: http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/nebula-1.0.zip 1.0 (224k)
linux: http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/nebula-1.0.tar.gz 1.0 (37k, wxGTK 2.5.5)
linux static: http://toktok.sscentral.com/files/nebula-1.0-static.tar.gz 1.0 (875k)

And here's a sneak preview of something I'm working on:

winlvz-teaser.png - 5.36 KB
File downloaded or viewed 60 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So really whats the point of this when continuum comes with one of these things?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Aye; it's not so difficult to make it. But I still wanna maintain the thought that he's making a client icon_wink.gif.
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

erm... icon_eek.gif Went a bit crazy with teh posts eh?
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ah there, good thing I can moderate this forum. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, well .. whats the extra feature this program offers over the already existing zone management features in Continuum?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
-Smong-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Extra feature? Doesn't require cont I'd say that was a feature.

It is targetted at chat client users who don't have cont installed, especially linux users.

If it isn't useful to anyone I don't care, I learned gtk, c++ and wx while making this.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey it's useful enough to be put on the front news page of a ss site. icon_wink.gif
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

-Smong- wrote:
Extra feature? Doesn't require cont I'd say that was a feature.

It is targetted at chat client users who don't have cont installed, especially linux users.

If it isn't useful to anyone I don't care, I learned gtk, c++ and wx while making this.

ok icon_smile.gif

Didn't meant to offend you, smong.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

where's the source?
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

O so you can connect to any zone but not really play its just a chat client. Not bad.
-Smong-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not releasing the source.

Assassin, you can't connect to zones with it and its not a chat client. It downloads zone names from a directory server so you can update your zone list.
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I remember you asking a while ago if the zone list transfers were encrypted, guess they're not? icon_smile.gif

Nice work.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They're not, you just need to send a null key to it, disabling it. If you don't send a null-key it'll just return the same key, disabling the encryption regardless.
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong, your next project looks rEaL seXy

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nice program Smong icon_smile.gif

I used it to identify problems I'm having with the directory server. Seems like sscentral.sscuservers.net isn't showing Trench Wars anymore amongst others.

Are you ever going to make it open source? icon_wink.gif
I could surely learn from it.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, mainly because I'm unsure of the legal status of this program since it contains encryption designed by vie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 661 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.463695 seconds : 44 queries executed (90.8%): GZIP compression disabled