Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
dusted 0.3.3 (win/linux)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  SubSwap: Subspace tile swapper Post :: Post Simple CFG->SET and SET->CFG  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: dusted 0.3.3 (win/linux) Reply to topic Reply with quote

Added a rectangle tool, I'm sure there's other things, I just can't remember.
Started a new topic because the last one sort of degraded into a name fest.
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?p=29762#29762

linux

dusted-0.3.3.tar.gz - 138.99 KB
File downloaded or viewed 44 time(s)

win. includes SDL.dll (1208)

dusted-0.3.3.zip - 233.06 KB
File downloaded or viewed 76 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
EdTheInvincible
Bumper? on!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

very nice, good job smong.
i have one problem with it tho. i have a localized keyboard, and i have problems typing ? < and > (they show up as different characters). You might want to fix that.
It would be very nice if it had a retiling tool as well, as the ones out there totally suck.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not really sure of a solution as I don't know how to do locales and stuff (I would need win/linux code for that too). First I need to detect that your keyboard is different, then I think I would need to know <>? before and after shift.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

could you set the key bindings in a cfg file?

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I suppose I could. So anyone want to post their unusual keymapping? I think it's usually keys around shift+2, shift+3 and shift+<the keys to the right of L>.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

pffft what kind of irresponsible company produces keyboards with stuff like that out of place
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's only a matter of time before every person on the face of the earth speaks English.

Resistance is futile.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phyran
I privately speak in public

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

"Engrish" u mean
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

English is the language of $
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not certain about that. Maybe 99% will be able to say "sex", "beer" and "food" in English.

It's not really a problem, though, since so much of English is taken verbatim from other languages.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Night_Fox
dark_mistress is too sexy for me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool nice work Smong, you´ll get a hugh kiss icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I especially like the support for special tiles - thats why I'm using it now. Still I am missing the extra tile features SSME had - like square, line, oval tiles at once.

The resemblance with real continuum is done very well and because of that its quite easy to use (although i'm still trying to get used to the middle button = delete tile). Awesome icon_smile.gif

P.S. Someone should implement special tiles into SSME icon_smile.gif
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can use ctrl+left click in some empty space to pick up the blank tile, then you can erase with left click.
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Whats new to 0.3.3 ?
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I <3 the Pickup feature.

Can you add so that once shift button is pressed the tiles can only be placed in a straight line (from the point the shift button was pressed)?
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I plan to add a rectangle frame and line tool in the future. I'm also thinking of a script file to define custom region types, such as autowarp.

Does anyone have problems maximising the window in windows?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maximizing worked fine, although I got some strange behavior at times (like I couldnt click on a tile, it would just paint the current tile under the tileset window). After having trouble recreating the bug, I decided to give up.
myke
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nice, i like it, so far i haven't had any problems with it just gotta get used to it since i'm used to SSME
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong wrote:
I plan to add a rectangle frame and line tool in the future. I'm also thinking of a script file to define custom region types, such as autowarp.

Does anyone have problems maximising the window in windows?

great!
Maximizing in windows works fine, although moving the window border (making it larger) sometimes doesn't update the map/screen. It updates as soon as you release the border though.
numpf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

- the SS shrtfont.bm2 is brutal at high resolutions. If you don't want to wander outside traditional SS rendering and support TTFs, support font switching or at least make tallfont.bm2 the default. Fairly big usability problem for me.

- Imo default should be disallowing placement of special (all?) tiles in 'impossible' places, not overwrite. Modifier key for overwrite.

- I don't think SS map editors should have filled rectangle tools, or if they do, they should require you to click-through a warning dialog on first-use. Filled rects cause an FPS hit due to the sheer number of blts. A click-through warning would say that, and that the best way to achieve a visually filled area is to have a tile outline with an LVZ map object inside.

- Make radar F# togglable.

- If/When you get to line-tiling, make lines axis-restricted by default, with a modifier key for free placement. Diagonal tiling is cute, but without angled physical surfaces, x=c/y=c lines are more physically natural.

Other than that, thanks for writing something I can use without booting over to windows.

-numpf
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What do you mean by imposible places? Do you mean placing a stamp near the bottom/right edge?

The filled rectangle tool was originally so you could paint regions quickly. As for a click through box, I'm not going to invent my own UI components inside SDL. I am slowly learning gtk and would rather code a map editor in that so you can enter parameters for regions and stuff.

Radar toggle, ok (I'll change the radar generation algo so it's faster). I'll also make it so if you click in the radar it warps you there. Just found a bug if you have the palette open, and then hold alt and paint where the palette would be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

impossible = overlapping an existing tile.

A warning could be on the console, or could be a popup like f2/esc that says 'enter to continue' or similar. Doesn't need to be a UI component in the context of a framework, just an extremely limited-purpose graphic.

-numpf
Maverick
broken record

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Smong;

- How do you create a new region?
- How can you replace a new tileset to a map? (How about 24-bit support for this $ )
- Can you extract the tileset from a map?

Dusted can become a real good replacement for SSME because I am getting sick of SSME's limitations. icon_smile.gif
-Smong-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Overlapping existing tile? The reason I'm having trouble understanding this is you're making it sound like you should only be able to add tiles to empty spaces and not edit tiles already in place.

- How do you create a new region?
?mkrgn <name>
To remove one, first select the region with the ticker and use ?remove.
Region support is minimal so there aren't any other features (like save regions).

- How can you replace a new tileset to a map? (How about 24-bit support for this $ )
Just do ?go <whatever.bmp> and then ?save <whatever.lvl> and there you have a map with tileset whatever.bmp (any bit depth).

- Can you extract the tileset from a map?
In the graphics folder there is a bmp called 'last-tiles.bmp'. Not sure why you asked for this feature, mspaint does the job nicely.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

-Smong- wrote:
Overlapping existing tile? The reason I'm having trouble understanding this is you're making it sound like you should only be able to add tiles to empty spaces and not edit tiles already in place.

True, but the multi-tile objects are really a special case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 757 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.483924 seconds : 52 queries executed (91.3%): GZIP compression disabled