Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
<py> br (bounty rabbit)

View previous topic  <c> motd (Staff Message of the D... Post :: Post <java> UChat  View next topic  
-Smong-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: <py> br (bounty rabbit) Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is quite long so I'm attaching it. I copied the arena messages from the mervbot plugin source code. To use it add Misc:BountyRabbit=yes to your arena.conf and add cmd_newpick to conf/groupdef.dir/mod. Don't forget to rename it back to .py.

br.py - 8.84 KB
File downloaded or viewed 102 time(s)
-Smong-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oops, there's a silly bug in that version. Maybe I should have copied the game logic from merv as well as the messages? ^_^

br.py - 8.97 KB
File downloaded or viewed 65 time(s)
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice, going to try it out
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm really sorry about this. But it's so easy to make mistakes in py modules and not notice them. So here is a newer version of it. I took the trouble to login so I can edit it in future.

If you notice any weird errors, like only one person in a ship and still the game continues, or it says 'game stopped' multiple times without it saying 'new rabbit' inbetween please let me know.

br.py.txt - 9.02 KB
File downloaded or viewed 98 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Chambahs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

yea, me and smong are testing (feels important)

Note: AND LET ME STAY IMPORTANT! tongue.gif
Rog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Red radar dot for BountyRabbit? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know I'm necroing a really old thread, but I've got a question in regards to the <py> br (BountyRabbit) module for ASSS. I'm hoping either Smong is still around or someone else can answer this for me:

I've setup a LAN server and the module is working really great, but with the small number of players (twenty at most) we have, it would be nice to be able to chase the rabbit without having to search in every little corner of the map.

Is there a simple way to set the BountyRabbit player in a flashing red dot on the radar that also shows up on the enlarged ALT radar? Just like when a player has the ball for soccer would be great.

(Edit: I'm using revision 12 of br.py from http://toktok.sscentral.com/ss-asss.html if that makes any difference)

Last edited by Rog on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
tcsoccerman
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

theres actually a feature in continuum itself called "?target=<x>", where x represents a bounty. so, if say, u set ?target=5000, the radar will show all opponents with a bounty of 5000 or higher as light blue.

note:plz correct anything that i am incorrect in as i am not very sure about some of it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Rog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tcsoccerman wrote:
theres actually a feature in continuum itself called "?target=<x>", where x represents a bounty. so, if say, u set ?target=5000, the radar will show all opponents with a bounty of 5000 or higher as light blue.

note:plz correct anything that i am incorrect in as i am not very sure about some of it.

Unfortunately, ?target doesn't show in the larger map when you press ALT, just the minimap of the near-area. I'm looking for a solution where the general location of the bountyrabbit can be found from anywhere.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

An even simpler way to know where he is would be to show his location as coordinates (B5, M9, whatever), perhaps using lvz, or with periodic messages
Rog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm, well in an attempt to answer my own dilemma, I'm fiddling with attaching a ball to the player who is currently the BountyRabbit by adding the following function and calling it when the BountyRabbit is changed to another player:
Code: Show/Hide

balls = get_interface(I_BALLS)

def new_ballowner(arena, br_rabbit, bid):
    bd = balldata()
    bd.state = BALL_CARRIED
    bd.carrier = br_rabbit
    balls.PlaceBall(arena, bid, bd)

cb6 = reg_callback(CB_BALLFIRE, new_ballowner)

Excuse me if it seems messy or I'm making naive assumptions, I got the idea from examples on the ASSS Wiki. I have very little experience with Python (wow, indentation rules really throw me for a loop, I keep throwing in tabs habitually) or ASSS modules and have just come back to Subspace itself after a decade or so. =)

It may be an overcomplicated solution, I'm not sure. Does anybody know if I've missed anything? I suppose this would have to assume no goals on the map, or combining it in any way with a Powerball game, because it doesn't account for those.

Edit: changed code to add callback to avoid player throwing the "ball" away.
Animate Dreams
Gotta buy them all!
(Consumer whore)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Last time I used this module, I had a few problems with it. I probably should have written them down(hell, I might have), but I still remember one of them. Whenever a player died before killing the bountyrabbit(you know, you release a bomb, get killed, and your bomb kills the rabbit... happens all the time in OHKO zones), they would get prized while they were in limbo, and wouldn't spawn with the bounty. A simple timer on the prize would work, but that really isn't ideal for when the player ISN'T dead... they'll probably want the prize ASAP. But I think it's probably better than nothing. I think the reason I didn't mention it when I ran into the issue was because I planned on adding a timer myself... but I obviously never got around to it.

On a related note, another common occurence is both players killing each other. The rabbit ends up going to whoever killed the other player last. I personally think that's kind of trivial, so in the result of a double-kill, it might be nice just to give rabbit back to the original rabbit. It makes sense to still reset the clock, though. That would probably be easily implemented alongside a timer on the prize... but it's probably best put in as an option, so the zone owner can just change a setting to choose if he wants that feature or not. Just a couple suggestions, in case someone updates this.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Custom Projects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 657 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.654417 seconds : 38 queries executed (78.7%): GZIP compression disabled