Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
GCS Hosting

View previous topic  Hosting... Post :: Post How to Start hosting  View next topic  
GLiO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: GCS Hosting Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am thinking about taking in a few servers to host. My machine specs
AMD Athlon 1600+ (Upgrading to 1800+ soon)
768DDR PC2700
40gb HD
1.6mbps internet connection

So, I'm going to host like, two. You will have to configure everything except the port settings. I will do all that. So yea, e-mail me at glio@cursive.nu
*First come, first serve*
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

And how good is the uptime?
What biller?
Is that 1.6mbps the downstream or upstream?
-"l33t h41ku"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
GLiO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Uptime will be all week except for maybe 1 or 2 days.
My biller.
1.6mbps down, 500k-ish up. I've run Jedi Knight 2 and Counter-Strike servers on it and pings were quite low. So Subspace will run just fine.
Nikon F5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

are you gonna have a bot server?
GLiO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

uh, i guess i could set one up if there is interest. btw nikon you will be recieving an email fro me soon
Nikon F5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok, i think a bot server would be needed.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GLiO wrote:
My biller.

Quite descriptive aren't you?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GLiO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

its subbill, the one that comes with subbill, sorry misunderstanded u
RussianSniper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: connection Reply to topic Reply with quote

with that connection u should be able to handle 60 ppl max, with bots & biller running, ur lucky to get 40, its gonna lag hard, u'll see
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: deals for your upgrades Reply to topic Reply with quote

sounds like a cool idea, i wanted to let you know if in case you did not already know it but you can get upgrades for really good prices at http://www.pricewatch.com/ maybe it will save you more money and thus help you to upgrade more so that your server will be better then what you where hoping.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

btw i do not work for that website or anything i just built a new computer off there site for a real cheap price... just in case if mods thought i was advertising icon_smile.gif lol... its a free site anyways
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Zone Hosting / Advertising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 700 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.565962 seconds : 36 queries executed (79.8%): GZIP compression disabled