Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
NTFS to FAT32 converter?

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  #pragma pack(1) is the devil Post :: Post Learning C++...  View next topic  
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: NTFS to FAT32 converter? This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I'm looking for a tool that can convert NTFS back to FAT32, since windows doesnt think that's a good idea, and won't support it. I tried every where and the only thing I could find was Partition Magic, and I'm broke right now so buying it is out of the question.
I can't reformat the hard drive either, because windows won't let me since it's where the OS is at, and I'm fresh out of hard drives too (besides the NTFS one).
If you need to know what it's for, I'm setting up a FreeBSD for a IRC Daemon and bot.

Does any body have any suggestions?

*Stupid Windows and it's ego of NTFS*
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

What? Have you ever installed FBSD before? Hell, do you even know what it is? FAT32 for FBSD?!

Weren't you the kid telling us you are uber rich?

Anyone normal would realise the install process would allow you to reformat the hard drive and create other filesystems for the OS.
Yeah, sure, the installation process of FBSD relies completely on Windows, "cuz that can run PartitionMagic." Never heard of fdisk, or anything?

Just run the damn setup through sysinstall. Even my 13 year old nephew would be able to figure all this out.

I simply doubt installing FBSD is your real reason, and I think you're just trying to look cool. But whatever, do whatever you want. Besides...

[lies lies lies]

blah-er wrote:
What are you talking about Unix, and Linux are OSs for gods. Every body has the right to priase them. And if your about to say I have no experience in them think again. I've worked with a Unix shell (Free BDS) multipual of times for a thing called IRC and EggDrop. I also used to have Linux as a OS but I needed more home type OS with a little better GUI then Unix.

-> http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=5444

[/lies lies lies]

Oh wait, you ignored me because you can't stand the fact I make you feel bad about yourself. Too bad.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Doc Flabby
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

NTFS cannot be converted back to FAT32.

Last edited by Doc Flabby on Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Hi Doc Flabby, welcome to 2006.
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Some times I wounder if you have a serious mental problem, if it's a anger management problem, or if you like to take your anger out on people for fun.

By the way, our family business was shut down from no profits, leaving me with no cash. Also when I used Unix, I used puTTy to connect to some one (Craig Edwards, owner of IRC Chat Spike) else's shell, I never learned to set up my own system because I'm lazy. If you have a problem with me trying to learn how to do things by example, good for you. As for your thirteen year old nephew, good for him.

Well, thank you very much.
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Oh, mental problems? Look who's talking.
What I do is called "making fun of retards", really.

Too bad for your family business.

Anyway, I'd be glad to help. I think it'll just take a while for me to forget your lame "I'm cool cuz I think I pwn n*x"-attitude.

Just read the documentation, that's what it's there for.
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Dont most nix distributions come with disk managers so you can repartition/resize/change/edit/whatever?

Im pretty sure they do...
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

They do but he might not want to/be able to reformat. I think windows made NTFS to first off try and get rid of linux. Although I know it's not the only reason they would make it. Please give him a break. Solo you always flame at people. Clam down. Breath in and out slowly.

Off topic: What happend to the TCPA thing? Are they going to not allow linux to be installed and which companies are safe to buy from if TCPA goes into major effect?

For solo:
http://drphil.com
http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml
http://www.mauryshow.com/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Plareplane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

btw, if you are using gparted (i think this applies to a few other partition tools as well) to resize your ntfs partition, you cannot chain additional operations after the resize. you have to reboot and let windows run a check on the ntfs partition first.

<-- screwed up partitition table, couldn't read it in windows, could still mount it in linux with errors=recover, burned/moved data off the drive and reformatted.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cerium
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Who said anything about reformating? Most disk managers can make these changes without destroying data.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt: You're wrong, I only flame idiots. Oh noes I just called you an idiot. Dr Phil to the rescue!
Those people can't really help you, you know. And for me, well, I live in Europe.

The Windows partition setup (which can setup the NTFS for you) doesn't actually destroy data, really. Only where it needs to, of course.

Cerium: That's what I meant. Most setups allow you to use fdisk or whatever to prepare the harddrive.

blah-er: About your private message. I never said I know everything about computers, so don't act like I did. Actually I don't know anything, but you seemed to know less. Even though you had a really lame attitude, which I just had to make fun of. icon_smile.gif

Isn't "reading the documentation" and doing some experiments all we do to learn? I mean, come on, don't expect something in return without doing anything. sa_tongue.gif
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

run knoppix and run qtparted, resize your ntfs to be half your harddrive, copy data over, erasentfs partition and resize the FAT one to be your whole harddrive... although good luck booting up.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

BD wrote:
I think windows made NTFS to first off try and get rid of linux.

Indeed they did. That is the spirit of competition: you innovate to make your product better than your competitor. Duh.

Too bad NTFS, while better than FAT, still sucks compared to the linux FS.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Solo Ace wrote:
And for me, well, I live in Europe.

Your profile would have never lead me to belive you live in Europe. Talk about Ironic.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

That doesn't make sense. What are you talking about? How is anything of this ironic?
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Sarcaism.
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

That's not how you're supposed to spell "sarcasm", and obviously you don't even know what the difference between irony and sarcasm is.

I was only stating it because that would keep me from seeing Phil or Oprah (so therefore they can't help me).
I didn't say it because I just wanted to inform you (and I know my location shows in my profile, I'm the one who put "The Netherlands" there, idiot.)
I do want to inform you about the fact that you are a moron because you have no clue what you're talking about. And no, that's not irony nor sarcasm, it's truth.
BDwinsAlt
Agurus's Posse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

LOL.
The Apache
BECAUSE I'M A STUPID IDIOT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

BDwinsAlt wrote:
[..]

Your profile would have never lead me to belive you live in Europe. Talk about Ironic.

??

What are you trying to say about Europeans exactly?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
(Deactived B l a h e r)
BiLinux User
I can take it both ways

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Ok, my question has been asnwered all ready. So please stop posting here, MGB can you please lock this. Every time I ask one question, it turns out to be a chat room. Thank you for your support, in helping me setting up my FBSD.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Hmm. What happens in a chat room? People talk to each other.

So you didn't want anybody to talk to you? Sounds like a great idea!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Non-Subspace Related Coding All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 681 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.469996 seconds : 47 queries executed (78.9%): GZIP compression disabled