Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
To dump or not to dump - That is the question

View previous topic  The Dumb@ss among us? Post :: Post Legend X!!  View next topic  

Should the Old Board be removed?
Yes, out with the old, in with the new
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
No, they are vital archives that should remain public
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:13 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: To dump or not to dump - That is the question Reply to topic Reply with quote

Please vote above if you think the Old Board forum should go, since by looking at the stats, it was viewed 5 times in the last week. I still technically have all the previous 20,000 posts from the old board on my computer, but the server (read: php) dislikes having to do a check on 20,000 files, or to update a 51 meg (thats without the searching indexes) sql file correctly, so they may come back at some point (doubtful).

Poll will remain open for a week.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anything with a UI that bad deserves to die. emot-lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the old board seems more like a technical monstrosity than a owrthy piece help (i have accessed it twice)

the problem is that there is vital information in there that DOESNT include the staff telling somebody to look at the FAQ, and its tough to send THAT information to the land of null-ville

if there was only a way to salvage it, without MGB and anyone else going vegetable on us, i think we could find some surprisingly relevant data there that (should) eventually become part of the FAQs. .. but wait, didnt i volunteer to update those? dang new_let_it_all_out.gif
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:47 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Helicon wrote:
i think we could find some surprisingly relevant data there that (should) eventually become part of the FAQs. .. but wait, didnt i volunteer to update those? dang :mad:

Good, you'll be a Moderator of the Old Board after the vote ends, and you can clean it up. If the vote goes to remove it, you can feel free to remove the useless parts, and organize it up, then once your done, can make some FAQs with it and i'll remove the whole section.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:32 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't care either way as long as somebody finds me the link to Zig's rotation script sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Good, you'll be a Moderator of the Old Board after the vote ends, and you can clean it up. If the vote goes to remove it, you can feel free to remove the useless parts, and organize it up, then once your done, can make some FAQs with it and i'll remove the whole section.

obviosly this was ignored:
Helicon wrote:

if there was only a way to salvage it, without MGB and anyone else going vegetable on us...

i guess you still think im an ass, eh? thats ok, it feels good to be an expendble vegetable icon_razz.gif

yeah, i can do that. might take me more than one night though, right?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:25 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

could you give the access to me beofre the end of the poll? id like to get working...
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:07 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, 8 votes total (ohhh... so many votes), but it still goes with a Yes to remove.
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

and ??? pm me
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hint Hint, go look at the Old Board forum, your a moderator there now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 660 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.701380 seconds : 38 queries executed (79.4%): GZIP compression disabled