Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Just Another ChatNet Client (JACC) (1.0 release)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  LVZ Suite (Project moved to another si... Post :: Post Continuum Zone Architect  View next topic  
-Smong-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

CypherJF wrote:
optionally leaving out the new 1.5 client ID
The way in which the version is parsed by the server and how it splits the : means it is ok to put whatever junk you want after a number. fx: CHANGEFREQ:8025blahblah or SEND:FREQ:1-moo:some message.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Right, the server just ignores it..
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Version 1.0 release
* Please let me know of any suggestions/comments/bugs/questions that you might have/find.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Here are some -tiny- changes I've done...

10.16.2004:
- Fixed: ChatNet Client ID per protocol 1.5
- Fixed: ChatNet NOOP command per protocol 1.6
- Possible fix for message in regards to invalid user?
- Fixed: logging now adds the C2S :: responce.
- Fixed: improper name switching with :: at the end of message.
RC
- Fixed: PM :: cycling issue.
- Added: URL parsing
- Added: Font style changing capability.
- Changed: Allowed Maximum Window

Here are reported suggestions:
'TODO: finish zone manager
'TODO: add name/teams sorts
'TODO: Save ?ignore
'SUGG: Color kill messages accordingly?
'SUGG: Away manager
'SUGG: user profile
'SUGG: macro's

Updated Release Candidate...
Font & URL support & Fix to :: cycling (Exe Only)

10.16.04-exe.zip - 41.92 KB
File downloaded or viewed 54 time(s)

Last-night release: Minor Minor Updated Client. (All Files)

10.16.04.zip - 47.31 KB
File downloaded or viewed 67 time(s)
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: v1.1 - coming soon? This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Here are a couple screen shots...

Screenshot 1.1b

SS1.1b.png - 8.42 KB
File downloaded or viewed 42 time(s)

Screenshot 1.1a

SS1.1a.png - 5.81 KB
File downloaded or viewed 47 time(s)
chocko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

What causes Runtime error "7", out of memory?
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

What are your spec's?

I've heard of one other person having this issue.
chocko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

off the top of my head...

Athlon AMD 2400+
Gefore FX5/4--- (something in the thousands, somethng like 4800, not sure)
512 ram..
not sure about the mobo
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Those are better spec's then mine tongue.gif haha.. hm; I'm not to sure, let me google around a bit.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Your program is most likely attempting to allocate some erroneously large array or something.

Can you reproduce the error, chocko? (Has it happened more than once?)
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
chocko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

yes, it's happened like 50 times, just the same over and over again
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

What were you doing to cause the error?

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I should just post the version I'm using; since I never had issues with it... :/ there again I'm not on a modem; and I guess it's been known to have some slight issues.

So here is a copy of the version I run.

Delete your config.ini... before using this one...

Noted Issues: the :: thing is still buggie.

cypherjf's version of an incomplete v1.2

Jacc-cypher-ver.zip - 61.33 KB
File downloaded or viewed 41 time(s)
chocko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

d1: just opening it causes the error

cypher: still out of memory :\ where is this config.ini you speak of? i'm gonna try redownloading and installing the required files...
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

The config.ini is created when you save any settings; it'd be in the same directory -as- the jacc client. I believe the solution to this, is make sure you have the most up to date ocx files:
See these:
http://subspacedownloads.com/index.php?act=file&fid=1060

http://subspacedownloads.com/index.php?act=file&fid=1061

And maybe try to get MSWINSCK.OCX
chocko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

i've got all the files -- but i can't seem to override msvbvm60.dll (and plus, i have a newer version than the one being offered), could that be the problem?
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Shouldn't be.

If it's crashing on opening, you must have some sort of bad setting. Find that config.ini and post it here for Cypher.

(Why do we have to do your debugging for you, Cyph? icon_razz.gif)
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

icon_wink.gif I guess I wouldn't overwrite w/ older versions of the MSVB runtime. What operating system you using?
chocko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

XP
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

:shrug: sorry I really don't know. All I can think, make sure you have the newest dependencies. Richtextbox, Winsock. They said you had a newer VB6 runtime?
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Follow my advice. Find your config.ini and post it.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Well there might not be a config.ini right away; also, make sure there is a zone.dat
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Well if there isn't a config.ini, then that's probably the problem. Have you tried running it without, Cyph?
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Just did, it's okay. If you don't have one in there, then depending which version you have, assuming you're using the one that I posted on its own a few posts up; it'll ask for an initial username, if you don't have a config.ini.... Does it do that?
chocko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

As soon as i try to open it, ie double click on the app, it comes up with the runtime error. It doesn't get past that. No config.ini or anything. I tried a couple of different versions and YES zone.dat is there
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 646 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.607764 seconds : 52 queries executed (76.0%): GZIP compression disabled