Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
LVZ LVL RGN TILESET editor BETA! All in one!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic  Subspace Offline (AI) Post :: Post Quarks (multi-file editor) - Initial R...  View next topic  
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

uhh...today is the 2nd
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats when he made the update though

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

shhh d1, your messing up my plans to make bak correct himself over me, (sigh) now i wont feel special
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good news guys. I'm taking a class in software design and documentation and I've managed to convince my group to work on CLLT (Continuum Level / Lvz Tool, shh don't tell) for our semester long project. So that means tons of new features for us! If there's anything you want, now's the time to request it.

Here's what I got so far:

Ellipse / Ellipse Fill Tool
Better Retile interface
Layers
Fill Tool
Region Fill Tool
Allow Lvz and Regions to be selected and copy / pasted
Autodetection of "walls" for the EZ Tile Tool
JPGs remain as JPGs (instead of being converted to PNGs)
Low Memory mode for lvz like gravbomber
Completely customizable hot keys
Mutliple "walls" defined by the EZ Tile Tool
Export as plain .lvl option
Autotile background option
Possibly encorporate screenobjects / file overrides
Better image manipulation system (use external editors like photoshop).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Gus.
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if this is possible then i request a way to erase parts of your lvz once you put them into the program. Say i have a box and i put a lvz in it that sticks out on side. Instead of having to make a new image that fits i can just use the lvz eraser and erase the side that sticks out. This is probably too late seeing as how you said this like 4 months ago but if the class isnt over yet, this would be a groovy feature.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A pan tool, like in acrobat reader.
Also something like alt+scrollweel scrolls horizontally.
Also, I think there are some bugs when you delete multiple LVZs.

Oh, and LVZs shouldn't rename the pictures.

If you're looking for more inspiration, take a look at the GIMP.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gus.
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If possible you should make combining lvz easier too. Ive combined large lvz before and its a bitch due to the fact that if the lvz both have an Image0 that is used multiple times i have to edit one to become image1.
baseball43v3r
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

perhaps like u did the wall tiles u can do one for words? where u assign letters to a chart and when u type in a message it corresponds with the tiles on the map.

also a lil debugging for bak. i was having a problem yesterday where i had to repeatedly open up tile edit, it would work fine the first couple attempts but then it would start bugging out cause when i opened up the tile to edit it would show up as really small on the editing page and wouldnt allow me to edit or anything. it might be linked to memory usage because at the time my cpu was high for extra factors (stuff outside of CLIT) also when my cpu usage was high and i clicked on save the progress bar would pop up and be displayed indefintly and when i closed it out and reopened the map it was then a bare map with everything deleted. just a few debugs for ya. lastly copy cut and paste dont work at all. using the current version CLT 1.0
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

copy and paste should only work with tiles, for now
baseball43v3r
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

tiles is what i'm referring to...copy and paste didn't work at all...cutting works fine. and i check every corner of the map for the paste...didn't show up anywhere

edit: also and an idea for bak...support for tiles 192 and up...(i know the ones at the bottom) but also room for blank tiles so we can add them as we wish? or would this be redundant as you prolly already included the valid ones, but if you already did then why would they create so many extra? ugh sorry for all the questions)
aussie243
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i found a bug in it as when you edit the elvl imformation and leave one of the boxes on the right blank and safe it than load it again i says a error about it and has randum tiles all over the map and closes about a minute after opening it, luckly for me i just made a back up of it, i thought i'd just tell you about the bug
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have version 8-30-05 and I can't figure out how to move lvz with the mouse once I've placed it. For example if I set the layer to AfterTiles and I want to quickly see under the lvz. Although a display filter for different layers would better solve this example (at least a 'no lvz' view mode) I think you should still be allowed to resposition lvz with the mouse (maybe use that cursor with the 4 arrows on it). Currently I'm adding 1000 pixels to the x coord.

And don't forget to update the default tiles bmp! It's still of jpg quality :/
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you can move lvz with the mouse with the latest version (from sourceforge)
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

11-7-06 Added a menu item for changing the lvz selection mode (select only top lvz is back!), as well as enabling dragging. Fixed the freeze when opening maps with custom eLVL chunks.
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Fixed the freeze when opening maps with custom eLVL chunks

I also noticed it freezed if some chunk had a byte 0 in its type description.. I know that shouldnt happen, so its no big deal... maybe its fixed anyway so.. bleh
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the one I fixed... although if you could double check for me I would appreciate it.
Samapico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You should add CLT to the Quick Link to Projects thread... I had some trouble finding the correct link to download it the first time http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=5628

And yes, it works now.
I just noticed something though:
I opened a map with CLT, hit File->Close
Then from DCME, tried to save and overwrite that same map, but it gave an error, just like if the file was still used by CLT. I closed CLT and then I was able to overwrite it.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm... the link is on the first post of this topic, although I'll add one to that quick links one I suppose.

As for the close thing, it's now fixed (I never closed the inputstream when reading in the bitmap icon_eek.gif)
Samapico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah I know the link's there... But Quick Link to projects is where most people look at first icon_wink.gif, and I think the link in "One Stop Shop" sticky thread at forums.sscentral.com is bad (sscentral database seems down now though, so I can't check right now) - which is mostly why I had trouble finding CLT at first

Anyways... DCME is getting eLVL stuff veryyyyy soon now icon_smile.gif I just got it able to load all eLVL data... just need to save them now icon_smile.gif
Thanks to CLT, it was much easier to debug with it hehe tongue.gif
And it's a good thing you just fixed the problem about custom chunks, cause my plans were to make DCME save wall-tiles data (and some other stuff) in custom eLVL chunks tongue.gif , possibly including a rCOL subchunk for saving region color (random colors are so ugly sometimes tongue.gif)
Samapico

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
struct autowarp_destination {
i16 x; // the destination x coordinate, 1-1023, 0 for the
// default, or -1 for the player's current x coordinate.
i16 y; // the destination y coordinate.
char arena[16]; // the destination arena name. null if the warp
// does not cross arenas.
};

I just noticed it is impossible to input -1 as X / Y coordinates in autowarp. According to eLVL format documentation, a -1 value would be valid.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm, I must have overread that when I originally read the documentation.

Fixed.

Samapico wrote:
my plans were to make DCME save wall-tiles data (and some other stuff) in custom eLVL chunks tongue.gif , possibly including a rCOL subchunk for saving region color

I never liked the idea of storing regions inside the map file. Sure it's convienent, but this file gets downloaded by the clients so you want to keep the size to a minimum. In my opinion, the client should get only what it needs, the tileset and tile location (and perhaps have an alternate file that resides on the server which describes regions and any other stuff the client wasn't interested in). If we start putting in lots of extra chunks they may start to add up.

Then again putting it in the map file is intuative and an extra second of waiting never killed anyone.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Having them sent to the client also opens up the possibility of certain regions having an effect on the client. Of course, this will never happen with Continuum, but still it's good in theory.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you say that you can now drag lvz but i installed the latest build and no, i cannot...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is Preferences -> Enable Lvz Dragging checked?
KrynetiX
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

implement the ability to load a directory of images, one by one is a pain in the arse

when i'm working on one document, then start another one, everytime i click on the lvz tool it opens both my new lvz and the lvz of any other document that's tabbed but not active (same goes with the tileset in most cases)

in a previous version i'm pretty sure when i copied a section of tiles and put it overtop of another section of tiles, black didn't = tile. It would overlay. That was neat. It doesn't do that for me anymore. icon_sad.gif

when i load a tileset from a bmp the program fux with it and it doest fit proper ss tileset grid anymore.. i have to save it with tileedit as lvl then import the lvl

i'm clicking the zoom all the way on top left but it never brings me to the top left of the map, this is true for all 4 corners, i think you need to + the radius or something. (as of now i have to scroll the rest manually) ssme don't do that

i can't copy and paste lvz, i can't hold in shift to select more than one lvz object, so even if i could copy and paste lvz i would still only be able to paste one at a time

needs to be an option like, fill lvz with tile, that would be cool, after i map it out with lvz i always gotta go back and tile it, but so often the lvz are simple 2 tile thick images that can just be mirrored easilly, that would rock, because going back and tiling what i already mapped slows me down!

this should be enough updates for a new release! wich is what i want to see biggrin.gif

been workin with clt now and it does the job gr8 (just gotta fix it up a bit) oh, and it's super slow.... speed it up or something

i heard 2d mention something about 'taking it out of java' icon_wink.gif

Last edited by KrynetiX on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 661 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.467692 seconds : 50 queries executed (91.2%): GZIP compression disabled