Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
LVZ LVL RGN TILESET editor BETA! All in one!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic  Subspace Offline (AI) Post :: Post Quarks (multi-file editor) - Initial R...  View next topic  
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

that's because you can change the color based on your preferrences, double click it to pick a new color.

It'd suck if someone picked a color, deleted a region, and then had to repick their favorite color. (the colors are saved in the xml file, if you were wondering).

As you you're where do the files go problem... i don't know, use winrar and you can pick the destination.

The source files ARE included in the jar, although only as class files. You can get the source from the class file using the proper java tool, or eclipse has it built in. I think it's just easier to have a source folder than make people dejar the .jar file.

EDIT: nvm i figured out what you meant, it's based on position in the table... guess I should check so it doesn't randomly do a double color.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
-Zig-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

have you guys considered using the DD interface. sounds like your editor has lotsa nice features but could use some speed. DD will do it for you, i highly recommend finding out if there is some DD wrapper for java. and if there is make the switch. you graphics will move faster and faster, depending on how fast the ram is in everyone video card.

DD uses hardware!! icon_smile.gif images can be forced into video ram, then system ram if the video is all used up.

maybe ive said that before, but im gonna say it again. hehe.

when i switched from using the stardard windows blit to DD. the performace leep was tremendous.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Here are some things I would like to see that might make me what to use this program over others.
* zooming centers around where you clicked (works sometimes)
* right clicking on a tab will show a 'close' menu optioin
* prevent it from locking up the second time I open it
* remember position and sizes of windows between sessions
* being able to press 'del' to delete the currently selected map object
* stop drawing scaled tiles at high zoom levels - it's really slow to scroll
* fix problems importing lvz (error 2/copy to <map> files/ folder)

I managed to get two lvz windows open at the same time (one was hiding the other). When I closed them both I couldn't open the lvz window anymore (tried the tool button and the menu option).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

heh unlimited meaning multiple tile sets u can use at once and use for your zone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i would like to see this program have a enlarging tileset window like when you are actually editing the map that tile set like same example as sssme.

example: you make a huge tileset box bigger than the normal one on photoshop with tiles on it. have the tile set on the editor let you pull on the corners to make it bigger to show the whole image!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
i would like to see this program have a enlarging tileset window like when you are actually editing the map that tile set like same example as sssme.

example: you make a huge tileset box bigger than the normal one on photoshop with tiles on it. have the tile set on the editor let you pull on the corners to make it bigger to show the whole image!

btw this is outlawgene forgot to logon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

heh that was me i made some errors in the message hehe $$
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
btw this is outlawgene forgot to logon

Did you really have to show us that 4 times? sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

People should just log in so they can edit their posts. Editing is very useful.

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update in version 1-1-05:
Added eLVL region and ATTR tag support, sped up program while reducing memory usage, fixed the zooming "centering" bug, added square and squarefill tools. Fixed random bugs. Eliminated drawing scaled tiles at high zoom levels, user can now press "delete" to delete a selected map object. Will now remember position / size of window between sessions.

grel: the callback cb_region checks for region enters/exits every 3 secs? isn't that a little long?
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool, I'd love to try it, whenever you get around to releasing it.

Actually it's two seconds, but I just reduced it to one. I think doing it every packet would be too much for big zones on slow computers, but I'm not sure yet where a reasonable cutoff point is. Profiling data for a big zone will help, when I can get that.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you going to release the update on the editor.minegoboom.com ?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no, rshl.org has (nearly)unlimited bandwidth and is stable. The reason there was a mirror was because I wasn't sure if there was enough bandwidth at the original location. That problem is gone, and so is the need for a mirror.

I'll officially release it when I add:
Undo/Redo
Copy/Paste LVZ OR Tiles
Layers (needed for copy/paste lvz or tiles)
Cross Platform Support (after I finish a cross platform LVZ toolkit)

Quote:
I think doing it every packet would be too much for big zones on slow computers, but I'm not sure yet where a reasonable cutoff point is.

Perhaps a setting is appropriate. Like
RegionEventCheckTime=10
for 10 deciseconds(is that right?) or 0 for every packet, since it not only varies depending on the speed of the server, but also on the number of autoWarp regions in the map.

Last edited by Bak on Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That'll rock once you get the cross platform LVZ toolkit. icon_smile.gif

Then i recommend having a link on the editor.minegoboom.com to your original release site...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

done.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I started using it yesterday.

Gripes/bugs:

Delete key on the keyboard doesn't work with selections. Not essential, but it's always nice.

EDIT: Smong already suggested the delete key one.

The EZ tile thingy could use some UI improvements. At the very least, the right click needs to be erase. Ideally, the EZ writer tool would become a tile in the tileset. So you add new "tiles" to the tileset that represent your EZ set. Click on it, then use it with the tools already avalible (pen, line, circle, etc). This option also allows you to use more than one EZ set, which is quite useful.

I tried using the LVZ stuff with an existing lvz of mine. It gave an error about not being able to find the file for the IMAGE=, but after that, the rendering part of the program stopped. Radar would still show changes, but that's all. The LVZ probably didn't have all of the files in it (haven't checked yet), but the program did need to be restarted after trying to load it.

Ok, here's the controversial one: I would like it to save two versions of the map. An .elvl for the ELVL stuff, and a .lvl for the normal stuff. Also, an elvl import option to get all of the ELVL data from a .elvl. I need this because I still do some map editing in other tools that would crash on elvl or would lose the elvl data. The .elvl would be just a different extension. It would be exactly what is outputted currently. The .lvl would be just tileset+tiles.

NOTE: Don't misinterpret this as a complaint post. I'm trying to get these things looked at because I like your editor.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Delete key on the keyboard doesn't work with selections

I made a good effort to get this working. When you select an LVZ by clicking on it, and immediately press the delete key, it doesn't delete it? What Virtual Machine are you using?

Quote:
Ideally, the EZ writer tool would become a tile in the tileset.

Excellent idea.

Quote:
It gave an error about not being able to find the file for the IMAGE=,et).

You're right, you have files in a seperate lvz and the locations defined in this one. It's difficult to draw images on the map if they're not contained in the .lvz, hence the error. The error handling of this should be more friendly though.

Quote:
I would like it to save two versions of the map.

I'll add a "export as plain .lvl" option for you in the next version.

Quote:
Also, an elvl import option to get all of the ELVL data from a .elvl.

Currently you can use "import regions" to get the region data from a elvl file into your file. Perhaps a similar button for ATTR data and a general "import all elvl data" button.

What features do the other map editors have that prevent CLIT from becoming your only editor?
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I haven't worked with your editor long enough to feel comfortable with it.

A flip+rotate for selections is needed, too. You'd really make my day if you could figure out how to flip while using EZ tile definitions.

Scrolling when the mouse is near the edge while selecting tiles would be another nice feature. Also while creating region rectangles.

An option to swtich between XYWH and XYXY for region rectangle input/output would be helpful.

I also noticed that you don't check if the region goes outside of map bounds.

You misunderstood, I wasn't selecting LVZs while trying to delete. I was just trying to delete a selection of tiles.

An option to have the grid show up above the tiles would be nice. Oh, also, allow us to set the white grid's interval and offset. The defaults are fine, but having the option is sooooo nice.

And of course, Undo and Redo are essential to my mapping. You said you're working on that, so I didn't bother to mention it.

Putting a zoom in and zoom out button on the toolbar would be nice, too. Also keyboard shortcuts to them (plus and minus are fine). Changing tools to the zoom and then changing back is a bit of a pain.

A UI suggestion: put a status bar at the bottom of the window, like SSME has. Show the tile location like SSME does, but also give info about the mouse overed tile in the tileset. So if I mouse over the goal tile in the tileset (on map isn't important) then it'll say something like "Goal Tile" in the status bar.

I suggest a preferences dialog box for all of the options I suggested.

The tile graphic editor looks really terrible on my machine. I'd never use it anyway, but I'm just letting you know.

As a final comment for this post, I don't care for the acronym you've devised icon_smile.gif. It's clever, but maybe too clever. A different name would help with acceptance by myself at the very least (and others probably feel the same way).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tooltips for the buttons or fix the button icons for non-Windows users. :P~ (just repeating myself though)
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

To zoom in and out you can use CTRL + up and CTRL + down (view-zoom).

Although you're free to define regions outside of the map, it doesn't encode them that way (it can't) or load them like that.

To delete a selection of tiles use CTRL +X (cut) for now.

Quote:
fix the button icons for non-Windows users
what's wrong with the button icons (can you attach a screen shot?).
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I mentioned it in my post on the first page.

I remember browsing in the first beta version, but it looks like in this most recent version that the images are included in the Images and icons dir? Wierd.

I may have figured it out. Filenames are named slightly differently in those folders. zoom.GIF versus zoom.gif? And that seems to be the problem!

Code: Show/Hide

Thumbs.db    eyedrop.gif       lvzstamp.gif  pen.gif   saveall.gif  squareFill.GIF
autopen.gif  line.GIF          new.gif       rgn.gif   select.gif   stamp.gif
eraser.gif   lvzselection.gif  open.gif      save.gif  square.GIF   zoom.GIF

Another question: the images in the Images directory are all caps as well. Are they supposed to be?

and two of the cursors (dropper and zoom) disappear when over the map.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you're absolutely right. If you want to work with it (for now) just make the extentions lower case. different cases on files must not be allowed in Windows, but allowed under different operating systems. I'll be more careful in the next version
Assassin2684
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dident have time to reas all those posts so im not sure if anyone said this but theres a problem. When you go to open the lvz thing where you chose what lvz to place and then you press esc and cant open it agin. Also once you close and try to save it will not save it unless you exit out of the program and dont save when you closed it.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have no idea what you just wrote. The gerbil translation service is at a loss.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bak wrote:
different cases on files must not be allowed in Windows, but allowed under different operating systems
A bit ambiguous, maybe I read it out of context.

Also one of the checkboxes is obscured.

A minor thing, when it says 'regions can only be imported from...', it shows a message box with '0 regions imported', can you suppress the second one as it is kind of uneeded? And if I alt-tab the message boxes are considered separate from the main program.

drawglitch.png - 1.87 KB
File downloaded or viewed 42 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 672 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.469563 seconds : 52 queries executed (90.6%): GZIP compression disabled