Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
LVZ LVL RGN TILESET editor BETA! All in one!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic  Subspace Offline (AI) Post :: Post Quarks (multi-file editor) - Initial R...  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i88gerbils wrote:
I have no idea what you just wrote. The gerbil translation service is at a loss.

The Dr Brain service yielded this:

Quote:

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come".

But something tells me the meaning was lost in translation.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me

Last edited by Dr Brain on Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

layout managers are to blame for that smong, i'll just use absoulte coordinates I suppose, knew doing layout managers would lead to no good.

I meant that the computer looks for files like "line.gif" but the directory only has "line.GIF". On windows, the operating system doesn't care and displays it correctly. On Linix, it looks like it does care, so looking for "line.gif" will not find "line.GIF". Change all the .GIF extentions to .gif
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think it might have something to do with the default close operation for that frame, like if you hit esc it doesn't register that it was closed and so it doesn't think it needs to recreate itself? Just speculation based on what he said, I haven't actually looked at what he's talking about or CLIT itself in a few months for that matter

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you going to make this work on win9x/etc? It's still looking for cmd instead of command. See attached image (very wide).

error2.png - 2.26 KB
File downloaded or viewed 51 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In the next version it will be cross platform ('cause I made a cross platform lvz toolkit recently) so that includes Windows 9x.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, thats because of the cmd != command (in Windows 98/95). But Bak already addressed that issue. tongue.gif
Tweezy
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Question Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK I have no clue what is wrong here. I put a lvz file that has 60 cars in it totalling 79kb into CLIT and it says there are no images in the lvz file. So i Debuild the lvz file and check, and they are all there. Can someone please tell me what the problem is and why none of the images show up in CLIT? Attached is the lvz file. Can someone tell me what is wrong? I tried to include a screenshot but I reached the maximum file size. Basically in the box where it shows every image in the lvz file there is nothing.

car.lvz - 78.65 KB
LVZ Dump: INI
File downloaded or viewed 44 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you don't have any IMAGE#='s defined for that file... for all CLIT knows your just overriding the default graphics. Add the IMAGE#='s for every image to import it correctly... or just import the individual images through clit
Tweezekins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks
Tweezy
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, now I'm having a problem trying to tile on the lines of the region. Any solutions or known errors? When I try to tile on any part of the map that is near the region line, it is not showing that i made any changes. I cannot attach a screen shot because : Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't use bitmap files to take your screen shot.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

save the file as a .PNG or .GIF instead of .BMP

are you tiling when your under region mode (you can see the regions)? This shouldn't even be an option as when you select tile mode the regions disappear. A screen shot would be helpful.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update 7-23-05:

Got a new version up on http://rshl.org/CLIT

I added several new features for selections including, flipping the selection, rotating (specify any angle you want, like 22.45 degrees), retiling the selection (swapping tiles), appling the EZ tileset to the selection (so that you can draw your map in one tile, then apply the EZ tileset and have it look pretty), and random fill by percent (so you can fill the selection with the current tile randomly, like 10% will make 1 in 10 tiles the current selected tile).

Also added support for the extra continuum tiles, defined here. The EZ Tool is now a tile in the tileset. I added line, square, and squarefill tools too.

I also got Undo/Redo working for changes in the selection, map, and lvz. Doing it for things like import lvz or regions is possible in the future, but in my opinion a waste of coding time since undoing these actions is trivial and rare. There are 100 levels of undo / redo.

This version also includes many bug fixes, and uses the Cross Platform LVZ Toolkit so in theory it will work on older versions of Windows and maybe even Linux.

After a few weeks, this will be the release version (to make sure any bugs I've introduced get fixed).
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

AHA! Bak listened to me, great, only 1 thing you missed tho bak, a No-Ball Region tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I base the types of regions on the format described by grelminar here: http://sscx.net/asss/extended-lvl-format.txt

how's would it work? Just prevents the ball from spawning there? or actually going in?

Update 7-25-05:

fixed the extra-tile-not-erasing bug, and added a delete option for selections.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since I'm probably not going to work on my editor anymore can you implement the script thing? A file containing region definitions, like field name and size (byte, short, int, char # or null terminated string). You can generate a simple dialog using labels and textfields.
Quote:
type,rAWP
x,short
y,short
arena,char:16
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't understand, could you describe what functionalty you want more?
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

bak, preventing a ball from going into a region and making it spawn again to where it was last picked up or something, you've seen my zone, and you know that it could mess up the game if a person went into spawn with the ball, it would be unreachable for the other team, so i guess something that would prevent that? If you dont remember exactly how my zone was, think of DS, if players bring their ball in spawn other team cant get it...i think you know what i mean
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

it couldn't prevent people from shooting a ball from outside a zone into it, without the ball friction formula, which I don't have.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The region script files would let you add regions to a map that aren't defined in the elvl doc. For example if I created a new type of region that messaged players when they entered it, I would have to code a special program just to pack the data and insert it into the map.

You could put these files in a subdirectory. I say files and not file because it's easier to distribute a region definition file with a module that can be placed somewhere recognized by the editor than to append the text to an existng file.
Chambahs
Power attack
Power attack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

bak, its ok if the ball cant be shot into the regions because the only way you can get to the regions i want the no-ball region on, is by using the "shipreset as soon as you touch the ball to end up with the ball at spawn" trick, ask smong, maybe he can explain better tongue.gif
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sounds like for such a specific purpose, you're better making a noBall region and a module to handle it accordingly.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BUG:

Add 10 rectangles in a region, then add an 11th. It'll show up as rectangle1 instead of 11, and will be impossible to edit without deleting the real #1.

I think I've mentioned this bug before, btw...
Muskrat
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chambahs, I suggest making it a region where the ball cannot spawn there, and then lining the spawn area with a special tile if you dont mind it blocking weapons as well, #241 will suit this purpose.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wouldn't it still be possible to carry the ball inside, though? You couldn't shoot it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 670 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.571234 seconds : 52 queries executed (81.0%): GZIP compression disabled